Parents tattoo kids....

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
since you clearly dont know what a "persoanl attack" is let me help you out.

this:

is one

LMAO! Then RTM it! I didn't call you a name, I stated fact...fact that there is record of YOUR posts, in which you've displayed the same history that you're doing right here.

Let me spell it out for you REALLY simply

I could not care less if you agree with me or not, you NOT agreeing with me? that gives me a happy.

Good, glad to hear that you're a happy guy. :) Of course, I find it just as laughable that you let the comments on an online forum, get you so edgy. :D

I am not hot about anything, but you are starting to get on my nerves.

Hmm...should I be scared? Just be careful John.....I'd hate to see you get your *** booted from here, for making threats, challenges, and the like.

Not because you disagree, but because of your comments towards tattoos and people that have jobs you consider for "losers"

Like I said John, if someone wants to be stuck in a burger factory, because they look like the poster child for LA Ink, then go for it.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
as do i, but that again, ISNT THE POINT

government interferrence in the lives of the people isnt what this country is about.

civics 101

Can I ask you a serious question? Is it just me, or do you seem to have an issue with people telling you what to do? I mean, you do work right? So, assuming you do, then you must have a boss, unless you're self employed, in which case, unless you want to get the boot from your job, do you tell your boss off all the time? If a cop were to pull you over for speeding, are you a jerk towards him? I mean, afterall, the govt dictates the speed limit, you disagree with govt, so you must disagree with the cop.

Like I said John....I can still call you John right? :D If you're not happy with things, create your own colony. But until then, no other choice but to suck it up.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gents, relax eh?

Tattoos aren't a big obstacle in some parts of the US.
http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/ink-meets-inc-20-tattooed-executive-and-white-collar-professionals.html

Neither is weird hair.

Some companies do have hangups about it. Hell, I got crap at McD for my goatee when I worked maintenance there. I left, my choice.

But, a 10 yr old can't weigh out the life long decisions, and an adult shouldn't make that call. Just because an 8yr old like Pickachu now, doesn't mean when he's 28 he'll cherish that piece. He'll probably end up covering it up, or spending lots of $$ on removal.

I have 2 tats, plan on more too. If that prevents someone from hiring me, I see it as their loss, not mine. But, at 39 I can make that decision. At 9 I doubt I would understand the situation.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LMAO! Then RTM it! I didn't call you a name, I stated fact...fact that there is record of YOUR posts, in which you've displayed the same history that you're doing right here.

you are doing it again Oh, and I am not really an RTM crybaby. I have done it, but i try to avoid doing that, since I am not 12. Crying cuz there is some sand in my ladyparts isnt really my thing.

Hmm...should I be scared? Just be careful John.....I'd hate to see you get your *** booted from here, for making threats, challenges, and the like.

ok, thats a SERIOUS jump, carefull, you are gonna pull a muscle. Nowhere did I say anything about challenge, or threats, YOU are pulling that out of YOUR ***. it is interesting tho that you went there.

Like I said John, if someone wants to be stuck in a burger factory, because they look like the poster child for LA Ink, then go for it.

and there is that condescending attitude again.

Do you even realize how that sounds?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can I ask you a serious question? Is it just me, or do you seem to have an issue with people telling you what to do? I mean, you do work right? So, assuming you do, then you must have a boss, unless you're self employed, in which case, unless you want to get the boot from your job, do you tell your boss off all the time? If a cop were to pull you over for speeding, are you a jerk towards him? I mean, afterall, the govt dictates the speed limit, you disagree with govt, so you must disagree with the cop.

Like I said John....I can still call you John right? :D If you're not happy with things, create your own colony. But until then, no other choice but to suck it up.

let me know when you are my boss, and this might be relevant. Untill then it is just some passive aggressive way of slinging mud without getting in trouble for doing it. And I am done with you, expect no more replies.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I cant disagree Bob, but the continued "tats = burger factory loser" from some posters is getting old for one thing.

For another, and again, this is the point: this country wasnt founded on intrusive government.

In this day and age, shouldnt the government be spending its time working on the big stuff?

Gents, relax eh?

Tattoos aren't a big obstacle in some parts of the US.
http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/ink-meets-inc-20-tattooed-executive-and-white-collar-professionals.html

Neither is weird hair.

Some companies do have hangups about it. Hell, I got crap at McD for my goatee when I worked maintenance there. I left, my choice.

But, a 10 yr old can't weigh out the life long decisions, and an adult shouldn't make that call. Just because an 8yr old like Pickachu now, doesn't mean when he's 28 he'll cherish that piece. He'll probably end up covering it up, or spending lots of $$ on removal.

I have 2 tats, plan on more too. If that prevents someone from hiring me, I see it as their loss, not mine. But, at 39 I can make that decision. At 9 I doubt I would understand the situation.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you are doing it again Oh, and I am not really an RTM crybaby. I have done it, but i try to avoid doing that, since I am not 12. Crying cuz there is some sand in my ladyparts isnt really my thing.

No, but you'll cry because someone has differing opinions of you? Yeah, that makes sense.

ok, thats a SERIOUS jump, carefull, you are gonna pull a muscle. Nowhere did I say anything about challenge, or threats, YOU are pulling that out of YOUR ***. it is interesting tho that you went there.

From the forum rules:

Section 1.8

1.8 Threats, Racism, Sexism, and Challenges:

Messages that are openly hostile, defamatory, sexual, vulgar, or harassing, will not be tolerated, and may be in violation of the law. Threads or replies promoting or expressing intolerant views towards any group (race, religion, sexual preference, interracial couples, etc.) will not be tolerated.

No "physical challenge" posts are allowed. If there is a threat or physical challenge, real or perceived, issued, the person making said threat will be immediately banned from this board with no warning or recourse.

That could fall into the perceived category John. Careful, think before you speak. :)

and there is that condescending attitude again.

Do you even realize how that sounds?

Simply an opinion. Apparently one that YOU dont like. :D

let me know when you are my boss, and this might be relevant. Untill then it is just some passive aggressive way of slinging mud without getting in trouble for doing it. And I am done with you, expect no more replies.

Hmm...no John, I'm not your boss in RL. However, as an Admin on the forum, I do help to enforce the rules that Bob put in place. That being said, in some way, shape or form, I do tell you what you can/can't do. :D

And you not replying to me, is no sweat off my back. I could care less. Frankly, I find it laughable that you can't engage in a discussion, without getting upset, rude, etc. Its a simple opinion that I expressed, and you flipped out. BTW, I could easily go thru a few threads and point out examples, if you'd like. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I cant disagree Bob, but the continued "tats = burger factory loser" from some posters is getting old for one thing.

I dont expect a reply, seeing that you can't talk civil with others that disagree with you, but anyways....fact is John, you are judged by the way you look. Show up at a job interview smelling like you havent showered in the past 3 weeks, hair looking like a family of mice made their new home on your head, breath smelling like ***, and dressed less than professional, or should I say, dressed to meet the job description, then no, chances are you will end up slinging hash for min. wage.

Will that always be the case? Guess that depends on the person doing the hiring and what they are looking for.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you are trying to bait me, with sly, underhanded and not so underhanded insults, and I am not gonna rise to the bait. And since there is nothing to be gained from continued discussion with you, I am not gonna try.

so even though you AGAIN used personal attacks and insults, I am gonna let it go.

you aint worth disturbing my mellow.

Bob disagrees with me, but I am perfectly civil with him. think on that.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dont expect a reply, seeing that you can't talk civil with others that disagree with you, but anyways....fact is John, you are judged by the way you look. Show up at a job interview smelling like you havent showered in the past 3 weeks, hair looking like a family of mice made their new home on your head, breath smelling like ***, and dressed less than professional, or should I say, dressed to meet the job description, then no, chances are you will end up slinging hash for min. wage.

Will that always be the case? Guess that depends on the person doing the hiring and what they are looking for.

While I get your point and don't disagree, I think some of us with ink just *have* to point out that we're talking about ink, not lack of hygiene, and it's a mistake to confuse the two. I can understand why those with visible ink would be offended at this statement thrust into the middle of a TATTOO discussion.

That said ... I think some employers in certain business have the right to ask for a certain image to be portrayed - just look at Disney's exacting restrictions on visible park employees. Why can't they have facial hair, long hair on their heads, etcetera? Because people have very concrete ideas on what is friendly and non-threatening. While those ideas are changing with virtually everyone becoming inked and pierced, there is a certain power in a person feeling so confident in who they are that they require no physical alteration.

I don't know how I feel about inking one's children. I won't allow it and know others that do. My worry with it is the fact that it's now so common to find people with ink - more common than it is to find people with no ink. This, however, is likely a fad and many will likely regret having gotten as many as they did when the fad runs out. The permanency for the children bothers me.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you are trying to bait me, with sly, underhanded and not so underhanded insults, and I am not gonna rise to the bait. And since there is nothing to be gained from continued discussion with you, I am not gonna try.

so even though you AGAIN used personal attacks and insults, I am gonna let it go.

you aint worth disturbing my mellow.

Bob disagrees with me, but I am perfectly civil with him. think on that.

Please, please dont make me make you look silly, by linking numerous posts, in which others have been civil, and you came in and stirred the pot. Please dont John.

Fact is, I voiced an opinion. You didn't like what I said. So, instead of simply accepting the differeing opinion, you come on and state that people need to pull the sticks out of their ***. Nice, John, real nice.

And as for the personal shots/insults you claim I'm making...again, RTM them, if they're that bad. Of course, dont throw stones John, when you live in a glass house, because you are the king of rude posts and personal shots.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I get your point and don't disagree, I think some of us with ink just *have* to point out that we're talking about ink, not lack of hygiene, and it's a mistake to confuse the two. I can understand why those with visible ink would be offended at this statement thrust into the middle of a TATTOO discussion.

Come on Geo, I think you know that was simply an example. Anything could be put in, in place of lack of hygiene. For example....an office job. Person shows up with full sleeves on their arms, huge holes in their ears, and ink on their face...they may not get that job. Again, to each their own. I'm not against tats, despite what some may think.

That said ... I think some employers in certain business have the right to ask for a certain image to be portrayed - just look at Disney's exacting restrictions on visible park employees. Why can't they have facial hair, long hair on their heads, etcetera? Because people have very concrete ideas on what is friendly and non-threatening. While those ideas are changing with virtually everyone becoming inked and pierced, there is a certain power in a person feeling so confident in who they are that they require no physical alteration.

I don't know how I feel about inking one's children. I won't allow it and know others that do. My worry with it is the fact that it's now so common to find people with ink - more common than it is to find people with no ink. This, however, is likely a fad and many will likely regret having gotten as many as they did when the fad runs out. The permanency for the children bothers me.

Agreed.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
My opinion and only mine follows.

Reasonable ink wont influence my immediate opinion of you one way or another. If you have sleeve tats with face and neck ink/brands and piercings, those huge barrel earnings and tongue studs...well then it does. For right or wrong it sort of does.

I have a little ink. You will only see it if I decide to roll up my sleeves or wear a short sleeve shirt. Many of my co-workers have the same. However we have a policy that less than one third of a showing limb can show ink or the whole limb must be covered and no facial tats or brands. It has become a serious concern with hiring of the new generation of officers.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with that too bob, but i (1) dont like the double standard and (2) dont like the anti-tattoo bias i saw here and

Talking about double standards, I recall having a discussions with you, quite a while ago, about gays in the military. And IIRC you supported the military in their discrimination of gay people (You used the words 'it is what it is').
So is it ok to discriminate against gays but not against people with tats? Because even if you argue that being gay is a choice, so is having a tattoo.

Btw, I don't mind tattoos if they are skillfully done, have some sort of meaning to you, and are reasonable. The guy with the dozens of studs and face mask does not fall under that category however.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
a tattoo is an inanimate decoration

not a behavior

no puddle of ink ever assaulted anyone, a gay man on my ship tried to rape one of the other crewmen..

apples and oranges bruno

oh, BTW, I agree with you, I think facial tats are silly, and a really bad idea. The guy dozens of studs WILL pay a price for that choice.

not the point, but just putting it out there.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
At some point, the volume of ink and the physical appearance issue sort of becomes a statement of "screw conventions man! Im an original...I can look however I want...I don't care what you or society think of me..."

Which is all well and good. But I then find it odd that these people take offense when they are treated differently.

Not saying that that is a "fact" or that anybody here is saying this. It's just my.02.

We ALL have some responsibility for the way we "read" others AND for how we present ourselves to others.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know that this is the "Horror Stores" area, but this is going beyond the boundaries allowed even for this forum.

That being said...

ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level.

Please review our sniping policy http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71377.

Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile).

Thank you.

Ronald Shin
MT Supermoderator

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
maybe everyone could take a little chill pill, huh?

Pwetty pweeeese? The heat is getting a high level =]

i dont think that the example given by twin fist about naming your kids anything is a good one.

Incidentally, there was a couple last year or so who named their kid Adolf Hitler. No joke look it up!

There was a huge pandemonium over it because the store wouldnt decorate his birthday cake for his 3rd birthday because they didnt wanna write that name.

Thing is, names can affect a child for life.

ah here it is

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,468250,00.html

I dont believe minors should get tattooed. I do believe you should be a certain age to have it. But I think I already said that.

You need to be a certain age to vote, drink, drive, smoke, etc. This tattoo industry can be dangerous too. and as someone else wrote, Kids often dont think about long term.

Latest Discussions