Parents tattoo kids....

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And those kids got tattoos on their hands, which is frowned upon by many segments of society. A hand tattoo almost guarantees that these kids will work minimum wage jobs their entire lives.

As long as people in our society continue to think that way and to be narrow minded I suppose thats true. Because people should be judged by how they look. Black skin, or slanted eyes or red hair and freckles, or a tattoo.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As long as people in our society continue to think that way and to be narrow minded I suppose thats true. Because people should be judged by how they look. Black skin, or slanted eyes or red hair and freckles, or a tattoo.

That`s quite a stretch. People still make judgements about tattooes because they are usually there by CHOICE. Race isn`t a choice for most of us. That being said, yes you`re right the world would be a much better place if we were less apt to make snap judgements and try to pigeon-hole people into catagories because of thier appearance. But that`s one of the things most of us do either consiously or unconsiously.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score

I had this discussions a while ago.
This is not because how they look. It is because of how they chose to look.

article-1193384-055E4FE3000005DC-456_306x481.jpg

For example, the guys with the full facial tats chose to look like something out of a nightmare.
His choice. His consequences. People are judged by how they look AND what they are like. If a man falls in love with a woman, looks play a role as well, no?

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Looks play a role to those who consider others opinions too much.
This guy in the photo, are you sure he is completely independant within his choice of exspresion?
Perhaps he has gone the extra mile to make up for something else.. Has a woman who has ruined her looks with plastic surgery gone too far?

If i cut my hair into a MoHawk tonight, i may not lose my job, but i wouldnt feel as if im just exspressing myself, i would feel as if im making a strong outward statement..

Why make such a strong outward statement? to seek something from others?
Thats doesnt sound too independant to me.. Just my opinion.

cheers

Last edited:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And those kids got tattoos on their hands, which is frowned upon by many segments of society. A hand tattoo almost guarantees that these kids will work minimum wage jobs their entire lives.

you might wanna tell Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx that..........

a whole lot of you all need to pull the sticks out of your asses, this isnt the 60's anymore, tattoos are not just the markings of sailors, strippers, and criminals anymore, so the tattoo aspect of it is no biggie

plus, HELLO, MOST parents endorse thier kids mutilating themselves by getting ear piercings and belly button piercings, this isnt THAT different

parents rights is not just a phrase, and here is the thing, would anyone say anything if it was a religious thing? or cultural? like the africans that do the ritual scarification?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might wanna tell Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx that..........

a whole lot of you all need to pull the sticks out of your asses, this isnt the 60's anymore, tattoos are not just the markings of sailors, strippers, and criminals anymore, so the tattoo aspect of it is no biggie

plus, HELLO, MOST parents endorse thier kids mutilating themselves by getting ear piercings and belly button piercings, this isnt THAT different

parents rights is not just a phrase, and here is the thing, would anyone say anything if it was a religious thing? or cultural? like the africans that do the ritual scarification?

Well, if the person with the tats decides to follow in the footsteps of Vince and Nikki, then fine, but I think its safe to say that there're jobs out there, that would most likely frown upon tats that're visable and in excess. In other words....a lawyer could most likely have tats on his arm, but when he's in court, chances are, they wont be seen. Now, imagine that same lawyer, in a court, with tats all over his face, huge gaping holes in his ears...yeah, that'll look real professional.:rolleyes:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but there is some pretty blatant anti tattoo feeling n this thread, that bothers me as a tattooed dude.

AND like i said, parents rights are something i take seriously

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An adult should be able to do within reason what they want to themselves. To their kids is a much narrower line though.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but there is some pretty blatant anti tattoo feeling n this thread, that bothers me as a tattooed dude.

AND like i said, parents rights are something i take seriously

I'm not anti tat. If someone wants to get one, then by all means, go get one, or 2 or 50. However, I do feel that the person getting them, should know what they're getting themselves into. While it may seem cool to do it now, the person needs to seriously think about whether or not, a day, month, or year from now, will they regret it?

And frankly, I'd be pretty pissed if my parents made the decision for me. The parent may think its cute, cool, whatever, but how do they know the kid will want it? Is the kid thinking for him/her self? No, the parent is doing it for them, and IMO, regardles of 'the almighty rights' that so many people toss around, some people just dont have a brain in their head.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
rights have to apply to everyone or they are not rights at all, and who the hell are you to call them stupid?

how do you know that you are not the stupid one?

if it was some bastard from some 3rd world crap hole doing it and claiming it was a religious thing, would you still object?

now mind you, i think in this case the parents are wrong, but it doesnt rise to child abuse IMO

naming thier kids poindexter is gonna cause them more emotional pain than a tattoo.

first it is you cant tattoo your kids
then it is you can spank your kids
then it is you cant teach them your version of right or wrong if it differs from the official version

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe we should let patents brand their kids?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i am perfectly k with letting parents install a Lojack chip in thier kids.

as long as the parents do not HARM thier kids, the parents have the right to raise them as they see fit without government interference.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're talking about it being ok for parents to permanently disfigure their kids. Then again, we let them believe the invisible man will heal their kids rather than proven medicine and surgery.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
if it was some bastard from some 3rd world crap hole doing it and claiming it was a religious thing, would you still object?

Yes.

then it is you cant teach them your version of right or wrong if it differs from the official version

Just because they're your kids doesn't mean they're your property.
I could reverse your reasoning:
first you can't rape your daughters
then you can't cane them
then you can't send them directly to the cotton mills when they're old enough to crawl between the machines, but you have to let them get an education.

where will it all end?

There has to be a reasonable line somewhere. We can debate on where that line is, but kids are not property and they should have some level of protection against idiot parent.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the mother of the children, who currently appears to just have visitation and not joint custody, has every right to be upset when she found out the stepmother tattooed her children's hands.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the mother of the children, who currently appears to just have visitation and not joint custody, has every right to be upset when she found out the stepmother tattooed her children's hands.

The mom in the video says, essentially, that she sees his kids or hers and her kids as his. Nice sentiment, but if it's not backed by the courts, the other parents do indeed have every right to be upset.

I don't see social views of tattooing to be the issue here. Whether or not tattoos on the hands or elsewhere are stigmatizing and lead to low wage jobs, it was illegal for these adults to tattoo their kids. Also, if the kids want tattoos, maybe they should wait until they are of age. My own son, wanted a tat, and I was prepared to sign off on it when he was sixteen (16 & 17 y/o need signed parental consent in Ontario.) He held off until he was seventeen, and got it as a high school graduation present.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The mom in the video says, essentially, that she sees his kids or hers and her kids as his. Nice sentiment, but if it's not backed by the courts, the other parents do indeed have every right to be upset.

I don't see social views of tattooing to be the issue here. Whether or not tattoos on the hands or elsewhere are stigmatizing and lead to low wage jobs, it was illegal for these adults to tattoo their kids. Also, if the kids want tattoos, maybe they should wait until they are of age. My own son, wanted a tat, and I was prepared to sign off on it when he was sixteen (16 & 17 y/o need signed parental consent in Ontario.) He held off until he was seventeen, and got it as a high school graduation present.

I agree completely. The couple was charged with "cruelty to children", and based on Bob's citation, "cruelty to children" is precisely what the law spells out regarding an underage person getting tattooed.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rights have to apply to everyone or they are not rights at all, and who the hell are you to call them stupid?

how do you know that you are not the stupid one?

now mind you, i think in this case the parents are wrong, but it doesnt rise to child abuse IMO

naming thier kids poindexter is gonna cause them more emotional pain than a tattoo.

Dude, chill out and calm down. Yeah, they are the stupid ones, IMO, because anyone that a) is a parent that would think about doing something like that and b) any artist who does something like that, doesnt have a brain. A tat is something that you gotta live with for a long time, unless you want to go thru the pain and long process to get it removed. How does the parent know the kid wants one? Why because mommy and daddy have one? Maybe they should wait for the kid to think for themselves.

Kids aren't thinking long term, they're thinking at the moment. Dude, come on, I know you're smart enough to understand this. How many times do we see some new game or toy come out, geared towards kids, and everyone wants one. Its the newest, hottest, flavor of the month. But eventually thye grow tired of it, when the fad wears off. So they toy gets tossed to the side, rarely played with, until the next flavor of the month comes out.

So, little Johnny or Suzie, sees mom and dad covered in ink, thinks its the **** and next thing ya know.....

As I said, the kid isn't thinking that maybe, just maybe, down the road, they'll be kicking themselves in the ***. The kid isn't thinking that maybe, just maybe, when its time to enter the real world, their choice of jobs will be limited, because of whats showing on their body.

I'm not anti-tattoo dude. But I do feel that people should seriously think about what they're doing, before they do it. I went with my sister a few years ago, as she was getting something on her ankle. I saw some awesome designs, some martial arts related stuff, and thought it'd be cool to get something, but never have, because I can't quite convince myself that its something I want on me for life.

As far as it being some religious thing....if it is, then it is, again, as long as that person understands that not everyone will share their views. There're terrorists and various groups that teach their kids to hate Americans or blacks, give them a gun at a young age and tell them to shoot Americans and blacks. Doesn't make it right, and yes, those people are just as stupid as the ones that tat a young child.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, and frankly, I could care less if you like mine or not. :D

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i am perfectly k with letting parents install a Lojack chip in thier kids.

as long as the parents do not HARM thier kids, the parents have the right to raise them as they see fit without government interference.

Just because they may not physically harm their kid, ie: beating/abusing them, doesn't mean that the after effect of the tat will not mentally harm the kid. So, going by what you're saying, you'd see nothing wrong with a parent letting their young kid stay up all night, no sleep and then sending them off to school? So, when the kid ****s up, fails, drops out and becomes a total loser, thats ok...because they're not HARMing them?

"Would you like fries and a coke with that burger sir?"

Ahh..yes....thank God for job security! LOL! LOL!

Latest Discussions