Old Photo - Taijiquan

Fu Zhongwen 5th from right
Yang Zhenduo 4th from left
Zou Shuxian 5th from left (Jiang Style Baguazhang if it is the same Zou Shuxian I know about)

As we've discussed here before, one wonders how much has been lost in the intervening years.....

"Grupo de Lucha, Suave y Amable" literally translates to "The fight group that is soft and kind". Is that what translates to [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]致柔拳社[/SIZE][/FONT] (Zhi Rou Quan She)?

"Grupo de Lucha, Suave y Amable" literally translates to "The fight group that is soft and kind". Is that what translates to [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]致柔拳社[/SIZE][/FONT] (Zhi Rou Quan She)?

If someone does not come along that can read Chinese characters I will ask my wife tonight what 致柔拳社 means

But 拳 is quan which means fist

I think it means "soft style boxing community" or "soft style boxing society" probably referring to soft/internal vs hard/external.

I think it means "soft style boxing community" or "soft style boxing society" probably referring to soft/internal vs hard/external.

I like that translation too.

致 zhì - fine / delicate -OR- to send / to devote / to deliver / to cause / to convey
柔 róu - soft / flexible / supple / yielding
拳 quán - fist
社 shè - society / group / club / agency

So it could also mean, devoted to "soft boxing" group.

Back