Ok I give up who the heck is Tom Carnes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Edmund BlackAdder said:
Reading through the maze of bad grammer, misspellings and flat out giberish you post is giving me a headache.
I think it's a law of the Internet that posts admonishing someone for bad spelling and/or grammar must themselves contain at least one error, usually quite conspicuous. :uhyeah:
grammar, gibberish, your

And you bet your *** I read this post over several times... :lol:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tom,
You can send me any videos you like, and as time permits and with your permission, I will add them to the MT video library.

Bob Hubbard
MartialTalk.com
PO Box 1372
Buffalo NY 14220

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As to what date exactly who knows each school had differant uniforms-differant members or factions.I know The Colorado group was realy good & now dropped off.I know if you ever did sunkeetee spelled so you can pick at that/ it change to figure 8 then to abcedario then to tapi tapi.In tirsa abcedario is the 112 count.Remy tought many differant things from 1 school to the next.Often 1 school would not have the figure 8 or standing center lock that he got from Wally Jay,some stayed true to the old ways thats why they separated.Much like jkd washington has Jun fan.Chinatown has concepts & Oakland Scientific Street.Not 1 agree & even in the same schools some ganged up on Inosanto who tought & certifed them & now they had the nucleus & the advisery board is all that is left.If you can tell me the exact time & date of when it went to tapi tapi as being the only & true art & all others who studied befor are no longer welcome.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
Tom, that is not an answer.

You said that Remy changed the name of the art "from Modern Arnis to Arnis de Trancka".

So, if that is the case, why is this forum here if it should be called Arnis de Trancka?

When did he make that name change? In the 70's, 80's or 90's?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there was a supposed name change, why is it everywhere you look, you just see Modern Arnis?

I notice that you answered Andrew regarding his mention of posting the videos online, so why is it you still refuse to answer the other questions asked of you, namely the one that I had asked...Who was the one that bestowed the title of "Guardian of the Arts" upon you?

modarnis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
If there was a supposed name change, why is it everywhere you look, you just see Modern Arnis?

I notice that you answered Andrew regarding his mention of posting the videos online, so why is it you still refuse to answer the other questions asked of you, namely the one that I had asked...Who was the one that bestowed the title of "Guardian of the Arts" upon you?

Mike,

Never any name change I was was aware of. He did from time to time in the year or 2 prior to his death refer to tranka and trankada when dealing with stick locks and stick lockflow. Often, he used terms based on what language popped into his head first. He was fluent in many, so often his terms were in dialects like illongo or cebuano, rather than english.

In my opinion, people often latched onto these terms as if they were some grand invention of the moment. For Professor, they were just labels for what he was trying to teach

Brett

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
modarnis said:
Mike,

Never any name change I was was aware of. He did from time to time in the year or 2 prior to his death refer to tranka and trankada when dealing with stick locks and stick lockflow. Often, he used terms based on what language popped into his head first. He was fluent in many, so often his terms were in dialects like illongo or cebuano, rather than english.

In my opinion, people often latched onto these terms as if they were some grand invention of the moment. For Professor, they were just labels for what he was trying to teach

Brett
Never met the man, but from what I've read here, and heard elsewhere, this wasn't uncommon. Professor didn't have a codified and set curriculum. He hit North America with a concept, and the zest to teach, and taught all who'd learn. From what I can intuit, he was the kind of guy that made you feel like his only student. That seems to be a common theme among some of our more vigorous guests....

Rocky

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
On rare occassion Professor used the Filipino name of ( and forgive me if the spelling is wrong, 1 or 2 letters off and it says Crazy arnis instead of Modern Arnis ) but here goes any ways " Mahgabong Arnis DeMano" I know how to say it but not spell it if there are any Filipinos that can speak or more importantly spell Tagolag maybe they can correct it. At least I think its Tagalag, I have the proper spelling on some old seminar T-shirts I will look it up when I have a chance.

Rocky

It took me till the 3rd grade before I found out, there was no such game as hide and go @#&* yourself..............Thanks Dad!!!

Morgan

Green Belt
Reaction score
monkey said:
go to htt://republicka.pl/modernarnis/mode...alifrnia.html & see a second suport from another group of arnis.Mind you i did re new my ranks every tear till Remys passing.Also if you go to school & get cetified that certificate is good-who are you to say no or doubt you were not there nor a lot of others who started in the 90s.Why do you think you are it when my rank is signed & dated & legal.

Dear Mr. Carnes,

Since I'm not sure who you are addressing in the quote above, I'll simply say that I accept your Modern Arnis certificate at face value. I'm aware of the reputations of two of the three co-signers, Guro Rick Mitchell and Guro Rick Ward, I have no problems with the validity of your skills as a 4th degree blackbelt or the "Guardian" title. I simply wanted to add that information for others to consider and it is a matter of public record since it was printed in the FMAM in 2002.

Respectfully yours,

Morgan

Morgan

Green Belt
Reaction score
monkey said:
I have never ignored a question.Any films I have are private or given to me to promte-archive ect for that resogn.Stipulating that I trade illegal tapes was a judgement on yor part.& I never judged you or asked your ranks.Jarome Barber Has seen my videos & ranks as well as others,You said not to name drpo but who from 1975-80 knows you?Why is it you people who started in the 90s feel your the only 1.The art had may evolutions from Kuntao Arnis to International Philippino Asso. to Monder Arnis to Practical to Arnis de Tronka to Tapi Tapi.None of you were there when Remy promoted Kelly Wardon for his privotes or Tom Bolden or Ed Farris or Robert Briggs or Bruce Jutchnick or Haliford Jones.Wear were you when these people got ranks or Remy gave commitioner ranks.I dont see too many with that title or punong guru & a few others.My rank was poster in the mag to show its authentic,but from what you say you will continue to bash & not excpt the fact your not the leading authority on ever aspect of the art.Sure some dont like me,big deal-so they talk bad-big deal-They never met me & I wouldnt be Cailf rep for the art if I didnt do,know of forgde a rank.Just becouse you did seminars dot think you got the same training that was shown in privote,PRIVOTE you excell-get honed & be come a technition.You dont talk as a tech. you just bash.Not what the site was for .

Are there any people on this forum who can contact any of the following people?:

Jarome Barber, Kelly Wardon, Tom Bolden, Ed Farris, Robert Briggs, Bruce Jutchnick or Haliford Jones.

Some of spellings are most likely not correct but Carnes intention is very understandable. Then he raises a valid point that needs to addressed:

"You said not to name drpo but who from 1975-80 knows you?Why is it you people who started in the 90s feel your the only 1.The art had may evolutions from Kuntao Arnis to International Philippino Asso. to Monder Arnis to Practical to Arnis de Tronka to Tapi Tap..."

Since there wasn't an established written format for Modern Arnis that the late Professor Presas developed and wrote out Carnes could be quite accurate for his time and place in the art. If Carnes is correct and there were several name changes for the art as taught by Professor, then he certinly is not a fraud. Out of date in the minds if some, but not a fraud.
If any or all of the above mentioned people are aware of Carnes and are willing to verify that he has a legitimate place in Modern Arnis, that will help everyone as well. I'm curious and I hope that there are people out there who can contact the above mentioned people and get their views on Carnes.

Morgan

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I’ve seen a video that Mr. Carnes sent Datu Hartman. One part of the video displayed a bunch of membership diplomas with the expiration dates whited out with the word lifetime written over the whiteout! Carnes is a crackpot!

:banghead::bs1:

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Im so glad you saw the video but no skill was told of.& Robert Lee just saw some of my jkd seminars I can say (he did not say or try any defermation.)Yes I showed original 1981 as well as state rep & a current Master & Guardian.As far as life time over it-No it was to be renewed with Remy every year nottake advantage of his passing.1999 was the latest my ranks were up dated.Now I see you failed to also note I had signed pictures from Tom bolden-Inosanto-Allen Joe-Tom Tackett & many more as well as other ranks of other arts that dont require yearly up grade.& hold rank in Doce Pares and other arts as well.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Special note still dont know exact day but Remy had a compleat 14 tape set Arnis de tranka filmed & tapi tapi became the art Delany is supoly the Heir to the grand master of.Now as far as I remember when Proffesor did the tapes (I do have a copy of most) they were taken of the market for some odd thing that didnt make sence but Delanay did relaese his set as well as a female & note his add I belave it starts with 13 were Remy left off.You will not find the 1-12 unless some one gives it as a gift ect.But dont ask me -I have my set as well as the 4 from black belt-the old set with colorado line & the defence set.These are mine & for my sons viewing.I did not film or have any thing to do with these & I will not break 501 & 506 codes.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
monkey said:
Im so glad you saw the video but no skill was told of.& Robert Lee just saw some of my jkd seminars I can say (he did not say or try any defermation.)Yes I showed original 1981 as well as state rep & a current Master & Guardian.As far as life time over it-No it was to be renewed with Remy every year nottake advantage of his passing.1999 was the latest my ranks were up dated.Now I see you failed to also note I had signed pictures from Tom bolden-Inosanto-Allen Joe-Tom Tackett & many more as well as other ranks of other arts that dont require yearly up grade.& hold rank in Doce Pares and other arts as well.
This part: "As far as life time over it-No it was to be renewed with Remy every year nottake advantage of his passing.1999 was the latest my ranks were up dated."

Remy A. Presas died in August 2001.
You stated that your certificates were to be renewed every year.
That is a 2 year gap, therefore one may conclude that they were expired at the time of his passing.

Additionally, it has been my experience that those organizations that require certificate renewal issue new certificates upon renewal. They do not "white out" and change the date. Based on my offline discussions with several Modern Arnis instructors, this was the case with Remy.

Either way, waving old certs with white-out on them is a questionable action, and one which will get some well deserved public scrutiny. Why didn't he issue you new ones, with the correct dates then?

So, continuing to answer the "Who Is" question:
You are the California Representative for George Mazek's "Modern Arnis International Ju-Jitsu Karate Association", http://republika.pl/modernarnis/e_index.htm

Some definitions for you too Tom:
Lie / Liar:A lie is a statement made by someone who believes or suspects it to be false, in the expectation that the hearers may believe it. Thus a true statement may be a lie if the speaker thinks it is false. Fictions, though false, are not lies. Depending on definitions, a lie can be a genuine falsehood or a selective truth, a lie by omission, or even the truth if the intention is to deceive or to cause an action not in the listener's interests.
Fraud: An intentional misrepresentation, concealment or omission of material fact done with the purpose of deceiving another which causes detriment to that person.
Libel: Libel is written defamation; untrue words written down as opposed to said aloud.
Slander: False and defamatory spoken words tending to harm another&#8217;s reputation, business, or means of livelihood. Slander is spoken defamation; libel is published.
Defamation: Injury to a person's character, fame, or reputation by false and malicious statements.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The site clearly shows I am the cailf rep & 99 was the last I got of hold of George Mazec.So I stated fact Maybe I trained in other atrs for other skill or are you content to call a lier even though its on the site Im the re. Even though it was in a national mag showing my rank & stated by Dr Barber & I happen to know Randy Shea as well-He has seen my ranks & not 1 had white out or ever have life time member on it.Too bad you only ook at the bad or read the bad and asume that only.My dates were clean & clear but sounds like too much for you to handle so you cling to 1 person determined to write bad & never talked of how I perform or signed photos ect.Ask Lee on this sight he has seen my jkd video & will tell you I dont white out any thing.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just adding my personal 2 cents here:
Tom sent me a video which in addition to containing several historical clips, and some clips of him doing various techniques and part of a seminar, included a video tour of several certificates and patches. I didn't see any obvious doctoring of anything. I'll rewatch it again later when I have more time.

Tom,
Regarding the clips of you on there, if you'd like, I can pull them from the disk and make them available online. Just need your permission to do so.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully, if he makes it to the July camp in Cromwell, I'll see Dr. Schea. What better time to get any questions I have answered. I'll be sure to post his replies.:)

Mike

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You can put clips I have no proplem with that!( Just let black addler know it isnt doctored or all me in the tapes as he already posted a thred insinuating Im a lier.)That kinda of hurts my good name & art & Ive done nothing to him.

kruzada

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps you mean "Makabagong" Arnis de Mano, which I believe can be used to mean "Modern" in certain instances. My Modern Arnis certificate from the Philippines, that I received in 1998 (prior to the establishment of IMAFP) says "Bagong Samahan ng Makabagong Arnis sa Pilipinas". "Bagong" means new, "Samahan" means club or society.

Just FYI, the official language of the Philippines is "Pilipino" which is derived from Tagalog. Some Filipinos find it offensive, especially if they are not Tagalog, if you refer to the national language as Tagalog.

-Rich Acosta

Rocky said:
On rare occassion Professor used the Filipino name of ( and forgive me if the spelling is wrong, 1 or 2 letters off and it says Crazy arnis instead of Modern Arnis ) but here goes any ways " Mahgabong Arnis DeMano" I know how to say it but not spell it if there are any Filipinos that can speak or more importantly spell Tagolag maybe they can correct it. At least I think its Tagalag, I have the proper spelling on some old seminar T-shirts I will look it up when I have a chance.

Rocky

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just as a question has any one ever seen a tapi tapi rank or de tranka from the other lines.I know when I spoke some philippino to them they did not grasp it.Just wondering if their ranks have philippino on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions