Ok I give up who the heck is Tom Carnes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Got to go teach.Ill be back tomarrow.Maybe some footage will be up on posts then.Have to go teach.Cant sit all day & talk.I cant do computors all the time.I have to teach.Mabuhay Balisolomet.

PeteNerd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Pete,

I do believe that he answered that English is his first language.

Thank you for your note though. :)

Right on... I've read a lot of stuff written by Filipinos, in english, and it really reminded me of that. They can speak english really well, but when writing the grammar is all messed up. I'm the same way in tagalog and visayan, i can speak it so so, but i can't write for a damn.

Pete

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PeteNerd said:
Right on... I've read a lot of stuff written by Filipinos, in english, and it really reminded me of that. They can speak english really well, but when writing the grammar is all messed up. I'm the same way in tagalog and visayan, i can speak it so so, but i can't write for a damn.

Pete

Pete,

This was asked on multiple threads early on, Only he replied he speaks English and other languages.

As I cannot speak or write many languages at all I understand that. I just expect the person to answer the question of what is your first language. This helps us understand.

modarnis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Rocky said:
The reason Remy like the Flint crew ( ONCE the fly by nights were weeded out ) was because JIm and his crew never wanted anything other then the art, no one was kissing his *** for rank or trying to get anythin out of him.

Rocky

And it was amazing how much good training he would give in exchange for a hot meal and some genuine interest in him, his story and his art

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Did you train with Tom Mitose and Arnold Golub?
Arnold Golub was never allowed to issue rank in Kosho ryu, his position as headmaster was strictly clerical.
Is this around the time that Hanshi Juchnik and Tom Mitose were working together?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
monkey said:
I had time in China for KuntaoMonkey(1989) as well as Tai Chi & Paqua.

So you are claiming to have learned Kuntao in China?????

Kuntao is an Indonesian art based on Chinese arts taken there. Even I know that.

And I know that the stories you have been telling about your ninjutsu training in that section is almost as silly as the stuff we heard from Bruce Calkins. Why hasn't this thread been moved to horror stories or the great debate? As far as I can tell, there is a hell of a lot of claims, none of them seem provable and Tom Carnes doesn't seem to know all that much about martial arts at all, let alone the ones he is claiming to be the keeper of the flame of.

I think the stuff Edmund found and posted on page one is the most revelvant stuff posted so far.

Interesting reading here.

I spent some time on Google after reading the linked threads, searching on here, and a few other sites.

Very little information out there on this person.

Here is what I found. Unfortunately, not a lot.
==
Information:
http://www.jkd.com.hk/eng/forum/repl...8&level=2&all=

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...p/t-12817.html
"TRUUF SEEKER
09-07-2005, 05:08 AM
Seriously, watch out for Tom Carnes. From first hand experience I can tell you that he is a fraud, and borderline delusional. I've seen his JKD certificates. Did bruce make his students fill out their certificates themselves, in their own handwriting? Was he really an orphan raised at the Shaolin Temple and given the title "Master" in monkey kung fu? Too many of his stories seem contrived and do not match up. He does teach seminars, and there is no doubt he posseses skills and techniques, but I question background and credentials. I, and many others, have an uneasy fear of this man. If you have a similar experience, please post."
"Taomonkey
05-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Most of these trading guys are collectors, and retards, who only send back crap, and hold on the the best for themselves.
The worst out there is a guy named Tom Carnes, of Chico, Cali. THis guy pormised the sky, footage of my teachers long dead Master from the Islands, told stories about his great experience, his great certificates, how all these families named him inheritor, how he trained with Bruce Lee, and it went on. I figured this guy was a nut, but wanted the video he claimed he had. so I sent him a tape. some footage from comercial tapes and some of me doing a demo in downtown Tulsa. WHat I got back was junk, video of him, video of some philippino's where he claimed it was him, pictures of all his (forged) certificates (I checked several out) and an offer to come and do seminars for us for $500 plus bus fare. Oh and he sent me a rank certificate. I sent him that back. For a year the guy called my house almost weekly. then he sent me three more tapes of the same low quality crap, and told me about his great video system.
The moral,
If you want it, you probally have to buy it.
Dont ever send out vidoe of your teacher or yourself to some guy you dont know.
And if Mr. (self professed Master) Tom (Monkey Man) Carnes calls you, tell him he's a fake, and hang up."

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...t=I SO-8859-1

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey Don you should check.Indonisia is not the only place for Kuntao.Even the Sytem of systems or Rusians use some form of it.They claim they are the founders of their arts.Now for you to post such a claim I dont know martial arts & I fordge my Ranks.That is set for law suit.I don try to defame you or your name-hence you should meet them befor you state such.Bob Hubbard has seen my ranks & videos & will tell you I hold skill.Also I never stated Keeper of the flame.Thats your words & set for law suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions