Ok I give up who the heck is Tom Carnes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have never ignored a question.Any films I have are private or given to me to promte-archive ect for that resogn.Stipulating that I trade illegal tapes was a judgement on yor part.& I never judged you or asked your ranks.Jarome Barber Has seen my videos & ranks as well as others,You said not to name drpo but who from 1975-80 knows you?Why is it you people who started in the 90s feel your the only 1.The art had may evolutions from Kuntao Arnis to International Philippino Asso. to Monder Arnis to Practical to Arnis de Tronka to Tapi Tapi.None of you were there when Remy promoted Kelly Wardon for his privotes or Tom Bolden or Ed Farris or Robert Briggs or Bruce Jutchnick or Haliford Jones.Wear were you when these people got ranks or Remy gave commitioner ranks.I dont see too many with that title or punong guru & a few others.My rank was poster in the mag to show its authentic,but from what you say you will continue to bash & not excpt the fact your not the leading authority on ever aspect of the art.Sure some dont like me,big deal-so they talk bad-big deal-They never met me & I wouldnt be Cailf rep for the art if I didnt do,know of forgde a rank.Just becouse you did seminars dot think you got the same training that was shown in privote,PRIVOTE you excell-get honed & be come a technition.You dont talk as a tech. you just bash.Not what the site was for .

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
ok, you made me laugh.
"Remy promoted Kelly Wardon for his privotes"
Different twist to the idea of being "Top Stick".

Ok. Like I said, paperwork can be faked. Most of those you claim are dead.
Last I checked, Both Inosanto and Ernesto Presas are still alive. Anyone on good terms with them to ask if Mr. Carnes here really is the Guardian of their Arts?

Monkeyman, you are ignoring my questions.

Let me repeat them one last time. I'll even fill in some blanks for you. I am asking specific question here. I am not bashing you. The topic of this thread is "Who Is Tom Carnes". I am seeking to answer that question by asking you, Tom Carnes, questions.

1- Are you the same Tom Carnes those links mentioned?
Yes

2- Can you actually write a clear and coherent sentence?
No

3- What is your primary language?

4- Do you have permission of the copyright holders of those tapes you are trading to distribute them?

No

5- You do realize that tape trading is against the rules of this site?
No

6- Can you post here without dropping a ton of names?

7- If you are this grand keeper of the arts as you seem to claim, why is it that nobody from the last 20 years seems to know who you are, nor does your name come up more than an insignificant number of times on any search engine I check, and usually in relationship to questionable tape trading exchanges where other bootleggers are very unhappy with you?

8-When did you last see Remy?

9-If you are the Guardian of his art, why does it seem that no one from the last, oh, 10-20 years of his life seems to know you?

10-How can you be Guardian of something, if you are a virtual unknown? Shouldn't the Guardian be out there spreading the word, sharing it and passing it on?

11-Now, you claim to be California Rep of "The Art".
Funny. Your name isn't on the IMAF website as California rep. Nor Jeff Delaney's site, nor the WMAA site, nor the IMAFP site. Those are the 5 big organizations covering Modern Arnis in the US. I can start the BlackAdder Arnis Rattan Federation (BARF) and appoint folks reps. Doesn't make it special.

12-You claim to be Guardian of Arnis.
But, if no one from the 80's and 90's and early 00's knows you, how can you really be preserving it? In that 25 years, as you yourself said, the art changed. So, what you are, is an archive of an obsolete edition, which is not unnecessarily a bad thing. As I asked in #10, how can you be Guardian of something you are out of touch with?

Now, I have numbered and separated these questions, which should be easy to answer.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Leonard Trigg is not dead-Ed Farris is not dead-Robbrt Briggs is not dead-Haliford Jones is not dead were did you get your infomAgian you just bash & judge for the sake of doing it.WHO ARE YOU>I aswererd your questions even about the videos,again you bash as you been on the site for awhile so people will see what you write ,not so much me.I will now speak technical as you will not understand since you say I am incoherent.(The liptical orbit of the osli must meet the vortex to defeet attacking strike.Thus liptical will cancel the path or linear attack.)Is that to tech for you.As far as who is Tom Carnes Who are you?You dont do arnis do you,you were not around at the time as Barber state clearly so who are you to say what was or was not.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
monkey said:
Leonard Trigg is not dead-Ed Farris is not dead-Robbrt Briggs is not dead-Haliford Jones is not dead were did you get your infomAgian you just bash & judge for the sake of doing it.WHO ARE YOU>I aswererd your questions even about the vidios,again you bash as you been on the site for awhile so people will see what you write not so much me.

No, Monkey, you are being asked specific questions which is allowed on this site. You are not being bashed.

If you take the time to read the rules, you will see that though MT does not promote nor endorse fraudbusting, that each member is responsible for the claims s/he makes. We are allowed to question you, not bash you.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
Tom,

Leonard Trigg is not dead-Ed Farris is not dead-Robbrt Briggs is not dead-Haliford Jones is not dead
Right. They aren't. So, anyone who knows them or can figure out who they are once they get past your terrible spelling, can ask them.
were did you get your infom
I got my information from the following sources:
Google (5 hits on "Tom Carnes" arnis, 2 were this thread)
Yahoo - 2 hits, same info as above
Ask - no results
answers.com - 1 result, same as above.
I checked the websites of the "4" major Modern Arnis organizations covering the US. IMAF-s, IMAF-d, WMAA, IMAFP. I also checked on the WMAC forum, and MARPPIO site. Again, I didn't see you listed anywhere.

So, there isn't much on you. By comparison, a search on blackadder arnis on google gets over 200 hits.

Agian you just bash & judge for the sake of doing it.
I am not bashing you. I am asking you questions.
I have not yet begun to judge you.

WHO ARE YOU>
An opinionated jackass who likes to ask lots of questions, to help further discussions, smack a few "experts" around, and otherwise go where no man has gone before.

I aswererd your questions even about the vidios,
Yes, and I've filled in those blanks for you. We can revise those answers if you believe them to be wrong.

again you bash
You seem to confuse asking you to validate your claims to be on par with bashing. They are not the same.

as you been on the site for awhile so people will see what you write not so much me.
Yes, I have been here a while. So what?

Tom, The questions I asked are simple ones. They shouldn't be a big deal to answer. I'm afraid though, I will be unable to continue to try and get a coherient and useful answer from you, as I am now close to the line on violating this sites Fraud Busting policy. Busting you as a Fraud is not my intent. Your continued non-answers however will do just that.

Tom, The questions are there. They are clear. Answer them, 1 by 1 and point by point. Or, not. Silence and avoidance will do what I cannot.

Good Day Good Monkey.
I remain,
Edmund, Keeper of the Sacred Skivies of Saint Judy, and Holder of the Sacred Garland.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
go back a page posted by black adder his second htt click on it gose to Moder Arnis Intern Jujitsu Karate Asso. Head Quarters from Halford Jones Tom Carnes Calif State rep. funny he wont recignise that & he posted it>He did bash I say you claim No I did not post that or put on computor. Check the other htt: my certificate was posted in the mag Nationaly I Have yet to see any others.Go to this pg & see morgans the 4th click on to that & read all not just 1 part that suits.As Dr Barber states how do you 90s people know you were not there he is authentic,

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tom,
You're being questioned, not bashed.
As to the "Moder Arnis Intern Jujitsu Karate Asso. Head Quarters", while I have respect for Datu Jones, I don't see this organization as being a "leading" one. There are easily dozens of minor federations covering Arnis in the US, hundreds around the world.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm assuming English is not your first language, so I'm going to have to pull your post apart in sections - hope you don't mind.

monkey said:
go back a page posted by black adder his second htt click on it gose to Moder Arnis Intern Jujitsu Karate Asso. Head Quarters from Halford Jones Tom Carnes Calif State rep. funny he wont recignise that & he posted it>

Edmund Blackadder posted a link to someone else's statement about Tom Carnes.

monkey said:
He did bash I say you claim No I did not post that or put on computor.

That's not bashing, that's research into a person's background and other people's opinions. Everyone is allowed to do that. If Edmund had stood up and called you a fraud or said the things which were linked directly to you, that would be bashing. As it is, it's just a link to someone else's opinion.

monkey said:
Check the other htt: my certificate was posted in the mag Nationaly I Have yet to see any others.Go to this pg & see morgans the 4th click on to that & read all not just 1 part that suits.As Dr Barber states how do you 90s people know you were not there he is authentic,

I am having difficulty figuring out exactly what this means and what you're trying to say.

Your refusal to answer simple questions doesn't help your case.

Are you the Carnes these people are talking about? Yes or no only please.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
monkey said:
go back a page posted by black adder his second htt click on it gose to Moder Arnis Intern Jujitsu Karate Asso. Head Quarters from Halford Jones Tom Carnes Calif State rep. funny he wont recignise that & he posted it>He did bash I say you claim No I did not post that or put on computor. Check the other htt: my certificate was posted in the mag Nationaly I Have yet to see any others.Go to this pg & see morgans the 4th click on to that & read all not just 1 part that suits.As Dr Barber states how do you 90s people know you were not there he is authentic,

Tom,

IMHO, you're not really doing much to help the cause here. You keep repeating the same thing over and over and over, but fail to answer some simple questions. Not answering, speaks much louder than actually answering the simple questions posed to you.

I'm just curious as to who deemed you the "Keeper of the Art"

In closing, it would be much appreciated if you took a bit more time in your replies. The above quoted post is very hard to follow.

Mike

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Then what I offerd to you persanaly my video showing the films-ranks etc plus what ever art you liked as they are my privote films.I did this with a thanks on the great site & got no responce,Will the dvd help?Plus like I said it was verified bu Dr Barber or dont you consider him or The one that promoted Delanay to black belt or Tom Bolden/Im sure there are more then just 1 authintic arnis.Thats why the semiars ect were done to cover the differant aspects of what was.Remy tought Modern Arnis in Colorado for a long time & I dont see any of those on this site.Were are the Pallen people or Farris or Trigg as he is the 2nd on Ernesto line-Punong Guru for Sulite-punog Guru for the Ted Lucay Luacy line.Were are they & if this is the 1 & only authentic why is the fma site around & others?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you own these videos, and are authorized to distribute them, and seemingly very eager to do so, how about posting some. google video or youtube would be good places, then everyone will be able to see them :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
monkey said:
Then what I offerd to you persanaly my video showing the films-ranks etc plus what ever art you liked as they are my privote films.I did this with a thanks on the great site & got no responce,Will the dvd help?Plus like I said it was verified bu Dr Barber or dont you consider him or The one that promoted Delanay to black belt or Tom Bolden/Im sure there are more then just 1 authintic arnis.Thats why the semiars ect were done to cover the differant aspects of what was.Remy tought Modern Arnis in Colorado for a long time & I dont see any of those on this site.Were are the Pallen people or Farris or Trigg as he is the 2nd on Ernesto line-Punong Guru for Sulite-punog Guru for the Ted Lucay Luacy line.Were are they & if this is the 1 & only authentic why is the fma site around & others?

Tom,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not interested in seeing a tape or dvd. What is that going to prove???? I can video tape my certificates too, but thats proving what exactly?? All I see is more name dropping.

BTW, I'm still waiting for an answer to at least my question.

Mike

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I offered to send my dvd showing my ranks-signed photos-films of old days ect for the great site I saw tis was but got no responce.This cant be the only site to say who is or isnt.Dr Barber already acknowlaged me as authentic -so will the one that promoted Delanay to black belt & asked to put as assistant Grandmaster.Ive been out of the politics & out of the who said what orginisation is or isnt the most or least or best or what ever,I joined this site to offer some good memrories of the Proffesor,Yes he was Proffessor befor Grandmaster.I was the one to notice it was not Remys sinature on 1 of the 3 wills drawn up.I got bashed for tahtI I did not post or scan the will or any other papers.I simply stated its not Remys its his wifes.I got bashed when the art change from Modern Arnis to Arnis de Trancka.I dont go to seminars-I DO PRIVATES(1 to1 )with my teachers & I get tought what seminars people never will.So for those who went to seminars for 5-9 years & got ranks.I can honestly say as well as Remy jr. it will not hold up to what we lernd.I do talk to Remy jr. time to time & he has a copy of all my ranks-dvds-ect & knows Im authentic.So were are the people on this site that suport Remy jr. or Lennard Triig or Ed Farris or Robert Briggs or Tom Bolden.He will even tell you I am more then authentic.But whom do you beleave just your factions.There are many sound players that know me.I know of Proffesors anting anting do you?Or his money belt?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Monkey I have no idael who you are but I have a question you stated you trained with Bruce Lee right what time frame was this and where, I have always been and admire of his talents. Was he as demanding of his students as he was on himself?
Thanks
Terry

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well folks, sadly, it looks like we will not get any answers to any of our questions. Simple questions are avoided and instead of quality answers, we see more name dropping.

The old saying, "Actions speak louder than words." comes to mind here. And by the looks of the actions from Mr. Tom Carnes, well, our answers should be crystal clear.

Considering Tom, you claim to be such a highly regarded person, I'd think that you would not be ashamed to answer questions. I guess I was wrong.

Mike

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ill do the video answere 1 more time so if you read the posts (I own them ,they are privote or give to me to promote the art for Archives as I was there. Now the Jeet kune do , as far as Bruce Lee ,I met in 1968 at Wash. after he saw my demo he state pretty good.Would like to dome with me?I did & was later excepted as student to the Oakland school under James Yimm Lee>1968-70 I trained between James & Bruce.My rank that was give 3rd jeet kune do.I have the basic- sifu manual for Oakland students only.The wall chart-signed photos from Bruce as well as signed letters from James.Ive been doing seminars at one of the Inosanto school of Bud Thopmson Kaliaccaemy of martial arts.2004-6 & soon to do another ther,Bud is the top man who help run the I>M>B> accademy when it was Inosanto Marteenes & Busttilio.That is why I greed to do seminars there.They are 1 of the few places left without pollitics & just want to train.Call Bud he will tell you as he seen-felt & knows & authentic.I trained with Jose Presas y Bonco 1975-79.Then with Ernesto & Remy till 81 & my rank shows the title given.I continued time to time between them & kept ranks current.No orginsation was part of my goals.That dom ake the art-the teacher & the teachings do.Why pay money to join them when Im 1 to 1 with the founders.It was a gift-not a coat tail to ride for fame or fortune.My skills a above & beyound.Sure Im a bit or a handfull time to time but- that will not change the fact I do the art-Im certified-& heighly skilled.Most of those from 90 on dont even know what MabuHay Balisolomet mean or corto or sunkiti or basic philippino or history of the art.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As far as was Bruce being demanding (if you showed effort & gave total interest He would smile no matter how bad & politely correct.Now there is a time on film I notice wit a privote him & Cobuhn as Bruce had a few colorfull words & well didnt espolde but his point got across.)James had pain from time to time i was not to attuned to as I was only 18 & didnt know he had some cancer & drank to dull the pain.Brandy & coffe or just beer was it.I exspect he got it from weldding he did.Always breathing the gasses.Now adays welders were masks for clean air,James had a little red & white arch Lincon welder.We trained at his home in the garage.Bruce use to live the with James from 65-6 befor moving to Bel Air & doing the Green hornet -followed by Iron side -Long Street-Marlow-then moved to hong kong in 70 to get better film parts.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
Tom,
Reading through the maze of bad grammer, misspellings and flat out giberish you post is giving me a headache.

As to your repeated offers of sending video, I'm not interested. Videos can be edited, images modified, and certificates printed.

I do have 1 more question for you to ignore though:

When did Remy A Presas change the name of the art "from Modern Arnis to Arnis de Trancka" as you indicated above? I seem to have misplaced the memo.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
To answere andrew green I dont have a way to load or down load videos.I teach for the art as Im an Army vet so what little I get I dont buy a computor ect.I use free lines at coffe shops ect. They dont let down loads from or to net.Just get webs-e mail-do files ect.Not every one has money to do things.I do this for the art not try to hit every seminar to try to justify the little time that could eventualy accumulte.Still never to match 1 to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.