Ok Clear to start working out

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Those teenager will kill with all the running they do. You are right Jump n jack could have been done.

One of the best and most enjoyable workouts I ever had was from my first CMA Sifu. He loved Soccer so we played indoor soccer for warm-up. You want a brutal game of soccer just make up your 2 teams of martial artist and don’t pay much attention to rules :EG:

At one of his school picnics, actually his first and last that I ever attended, we played soccer on an outdoor field, that was a blast and a great workout, again being martial artists, kicks, strikes, blocks takedowns and shoulder rolls were all allowed. I think the only rule we really adhered to was not being allowed to touch the ball with our hands.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
November 19 and 20 2007

Ran 1/2 mile and walked another 1 1/2 also did 250 crunches with the Ab lounger rode the exorcise bike for thirty minutes. Did twenty five kick, Backleg roundhouse, fast kick, sidekicks,axe kicks, inside crescent, outside crescent, back kicks, and finally push kicks.

At the end for a cool down I did streching. I hope this starts to pay off sooner or later.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
November 19 and 20 2007

Ran 1/2 mile and walked another 1 1/2 also did 250 crunches with the Ab lounger rode the exorcise bike for thirty minutes. Did twenty five kick, Backleg roundhouse, fast kick, sidekicks,axe kicks, inside crescent, outside crescent, back kicks, and finally push kicks.

At the end for a cool down I did streching. I hope this starts to pay off sooner or later.
Terry, you're really impressing me with your dedication to these workouts. Keep it up, my friend. For what it's worth, I'm proud of you.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, you're really impressing me with your dedication to these workouts. Keep it up, my friend. For what it's worth, I'm proud of you.

Thank you, you know over the last 1.5 year I have put on 95 lbs and I really need to get back to 185. Mt devotion is for family, myself and all my fellow Martial Artist. By posting this it gives me my daily pat on the back.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thank you, you know over the last 1.5 year I have put on 95 lbs and I really need to get back to 185. Mt devotion is for family, myself and all my fellow Martial Artist. By posting this it gives me my daily pat on the back.

Its a pleasure to know you, Sir, even if it is on this virtual space. By you posting these notes it gives me a shot in the arm, too! I am also trying to improve my fitness for these Martial Arts!

I hope this starts to pay off sooner or later.
Ha! It will! For you and me and anyone else that engages this!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, you have no idea how happy I am that you're feeling so well and can do what you're doing. Keep up the good work. i'm looking forward to seeing the lean and mean Terry at the M&G,

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, you have no idea how happy I am that you're feeling so well and can do what you're doing. Keep up the good work. i'm looking forward to seeing the lean and mean Terry at the M&G,

Hopefully it will be that way. If I really have anything to do with it I will be.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
November 21 ran 1/2 mile walked the othe mile. Did five set of crunches on the ab lounger and lifted wieght for thirty minutes.
Total food intake was 2 hard boil eggs and One slice of toast. Veggie soup for lunch, dinner was a ham sandwich. drank five bottle of water.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Terry

I try not to be too overly serious on non MA topics, I stay out of trouble that way :uhyeah: but I want to say you are doing great and you have inspired me to change my workout and get back to some things I really need to start doing again.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

XS

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry

I try not to be too overly serious on non MA topics, I stay out of trouble that way :uhyeah: but I want to say you are doing great and you have inspired me to change my workout and get back to some things I really need to start doing again.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

XS

You are welcome, I hope I can keep this up for the long haul. I need to lose this wieght for me my family and my friends. I am keeping this journal for me to see what I have done.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
November 22 nd, actually walker about three miles and that was it.

Novemebr 23rd, I ran for another 1/2 mile and walked another 1 1/2 miles did 100 crunches on the ab lounger and threw 20 kick each leg-Backleg RH-Fast Kick- Backkick-sidekick and axe kick. finished with being stretch out again.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
November 24th 2007

Started out with a 1/4 mile jog and then walk the remander of the two miles. did 100 crunches ab lounger. Followed by twenty minutes punching heavy bag. Then followed by my kicks same as yesterday. Ended up with poomsae and one steps.

As a side note my leggs are feelen heavy today my kick was barely getting to the chest area, none of my kicks where high to the head.

Diet is going as well as I can expect, need to focus more on suppliment meals since I'm on the go so much or pack some veggies for the day.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
your doing better than me I don't run anymore
Keep it up Terry your doing great just remember it takes time

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't run either... I did for a while, but then I moved and didn't find a new route, and lost my momentum (and interest) - I was never that into it, and ran more from habit than conviction; now it's been 5 or 6 years - and a badly sprained knee - since I last tried it. With the advent of colder weather, however, I am going to bring my bike inside for storage, and set it up on the trainer, so I can get some more cardiovascular training in. At least, that's my intention... whether or not I'm up to sitting on a bicycle seat for any length of time may be another issue; it's been a few months!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The 26th of november, ran 1/2 mile walk the remaining 1 1/2 miles did another crunches on the ab lounger and did twenty kicks on each leg, roundhouse pushkick, sidekicks,backkicks and ax kicks

today the 27th I did the same as yesterday but I am sore as hell my lower back is hurting and my right knee is swollen. I guess I need to slow down a bit.

My flexibility really sucks right now for the lower back and knee, I will go see the Doctor on Thursday to see if I did anything.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
November 28th 2007

Same routine as yesterday. I added doing some of my poomsae today at a very slow an powerful pace. I tired and sore and feel like I will never get there. Just have to push though this.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nov. 29th 2007

Ran 1/2 mile today for the first time, tired and sore walked the remaining 1 1/2 mile. Did 100 crunches, another fifty squat thrust, did a total of 250 kicks. finished with a short walk about 1/4 mile and stretches.

Feeling better but this week I have only lost 2 lbs. With that being said I dis-appointed in myself, wanted to average at least 6-10 pounds a week.

Latest Discussions