Ok Clear to start working out

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Today the doctor cleared me to start working out regular again. Even though I have been doing a light workout all of my muscle are tight and my kicks are terrible. I know it will come in time as always but I'm starting this for support. I have my wife but she is a hard *** about it. Have my kids bit they are even harder. My student expect me to be like I was two years ago.

Current wieght 276 lbs Goal by January 240 lbs.

Able to run only about a 1/8 of a mile by January should be at 1 mile.

Consectative kicks in a row only three by January 10.

I think this is possible to achieve, I just need to be reminded to just do it everyday and sooner or later the pain goes away.

See me on November 14th 2007

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can hire Drac's Nag-The-Crap-Outta-You-service for a nominal fee..

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can hire Drac's Nag-The-Crap-Outta-You-service for a nominal fee..

I know but this is what I need right now to get me back being motivated to get what I have lost over the months. So go ahead and nag on me. It will be everyday now so do not forget.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I'll kick it off.

Terry, Get your *** off the couch, turn the tv off and get to the Dojang....NOW!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great news about the medical clearance. I think we're going to have to assume you won't be here as much because of all the time you're going to be spending all your time working out :uhyeah:. drop in from time to time and see us and if we see you signed on to long someone will get on your case :D. What are friends for?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Move yer ***, maggot! What do ya think this is? Girl scout camp? How's that? Really, though, check back in here daily with your progress and we'll be here for ya. We won't expect you to be where you were two years ago but we'll be expecting you to be trying to get there.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Move yer ***, maggot! What do ya think this is? Girl scout camp? How's that? Really, though, check back in here daily with your progress and we'll be here for ya. We won't expect you to be where you were two years ago but we'll be expecting you to be trying to get there.

Gee, reading this and thinking back to P.I. I just got a little misty :uhyeah:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

:eek:

Good luck, Terry! :D

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Just got done sore as hell, have to take a shower and then go back to teach classes tonight. I do want to say thank you all for those kind and gentle words.
icon10.gif

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry

Glad to hear you are back at it.

As for motivation...Don't MAKE me come to Texas :EG:

now GET UP and START TRAINING...NOW!!

Xue if you need to come, come on we have room for visitor at the house. I'm sore as hell right now but feel OK after a hot shower.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue if you need to come, come on we have room for visitor at the house. I'm sore as hell right now but feel OK after a hot shower.

Thanks, we'll see how you do :EG:... I could get mean and send my Sanda Sifu if you&#8217;re not careful :uhyeah:

It is not easy getting back; I have had to do it a couple of times. The fact that you are talking about running a mile by January floored me. Not because I think you will have a problem with it, I am sure you won't, but my view of January is about 0 to 20 degrees with snow and ice, things are VERY different in the upper right hand corner of the US.

If I can help, let me know

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's great news! I'm in there with you, trying to get back into shape!

Just think what Drill Sargent Ramey would do in a situation like this???

First, a little "pep talk", and then some exercise!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, we'll see how you do :EG:... I could get mean and send my Sanda Sifu if you’re not careful :uhyeah:

It is not easy getting back; I have had to do it a couple of times. The fact that you are talking about running a mile by January floored me. Not because I think you will have a problem with it, I am sure you won't, but my view of January is about 0 to 20 degrees with snow and ice, things are VERY different in the upper right hand corner of the US.

If I can help, let me know

I will thank you. The road will be along one but I'm up for the task.