Ok Clear to start working out

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will Brian by the time you come here to train at the school I will be ready for you.

What about by the time I come to train? That's only about 6 weeks... :xtrmshock although with what you're talking about, by then you may be in better shape than I will!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What about by the time I come to train? That's only about 6 weeks... :xtrmshock although with what you're talking about, by then you may be in better shape than I will!

So by the meet and greet next year, Terry should be in better shape than ALL of us!

Congrats on the medical clearance, Terry!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Kacey I will be able to train in six weeks maybe not what it was before last year but better than most. So do not worry we will have fun I promise.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So by the meet and greet next year, Terry should be in better shape than ALL of us!

Congrats on the medical clearance, Terry!

I do not about that but this time I can actually do it all by then the whole 10 hours and man I'm looking forward to it. Last meet and greet it was abummer not being able too train and work with everybody, next year watch out here I come.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just don't rush into it and set yourself back, pace yourself I know that we all know that, but how many of us actually do it?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you worked out today YET?????

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The times I've had to take a break from training were always hard, even depressing. Just remember two magic words, lad, that should make you feel a lot better....

MUSCLE MEMORY!!!

Everything's still in the bank. Especially when you've done something as long as you have, it's all there. The techniques are part of your central nervous system, by this point! So all that you need is the will.

And so far as that goes, the trick is, don't try to do it all at one time. Each training session, go for just a little more than you did before. Just a little more! The trick is to set up your training so you don't do so much more on one day than the day before that you have this awful prospect of having to do at least that much, and maybe a lot more, again today. I remember that no matter what I was doing—weights, intervals or whatever—a really big training session, way out of line with what I'd been doing previously, came with a hefty price tag: the sense that I had to keep working at that same level from this point on. And I couldn't do it! So overperforming isn't good for morale, either, which is just as important as anything else at this stage.

That's why it'll probably be better to just add a little bit each time you work out,till eventually you're ahead of where you were when you stopped. It's just too hard to have to face these massive increases in performance each workout....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Terry ... I have a ripped-out shoulder and a messy knee. These and real life have left me out of shape and overweight. So I'll tell ya what - I'll be your on-line partner, k?

I can't use weights because of the joint issues, but I can do other stuff like stationary bike, walk and run through forms and material.

Let's check in with each other here so neither of us feel embarrassed and everyone else can be our drill sergeants. What do you think?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Terry ... I have a ripped-out shoulder and a messy knee. These and real life have left me out of shape and overweight. So I'll tell ya what - I'll be your on-line partner, k?

I can't use weights because of the joint issues, but I can do other stuff like stationary bike, walk and run through forms and material.

Let's check in with each other here so neither of us feel embarrassed and everyone else can be our drill sergeants. What do you think?

I'm with you Georgia welcome to my online workout partner. Go get em.
icon14.gif

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Novemebr 14th 2007 10:41 am.

Done for this am workout:

3 sets of 50 crunches
3 sets of 25 push ups
ran 1/8th of a mile
walked another mile and a half
did 50 kicks each leg (consisited of) Back and front leg roundhouse, sidekicks and axe kick. finished with a 15 minute ride on the stationary bike.

I will check back afte the evening workout.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

3 sets of 50 crunches
3 sets of 25 push ups
ran 1/8th of a mile
did 50 kicks each leg (consisited of) Back and front leg roundhouse, sidekicks and axe kick. finished with a 15 minute ride on the stationary bike.

Good start...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

3 sets of 50 crunches
3 sets of 25 push ups
ran 1/8th of a mile

Not bad... except you didn't beat any trees :uhyeah:

Keep up the good work

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, Great start! You keep posting the workouts and we'll keep on with the motivation. O' course if you miss a day we're all coming to your house to, um, help with the workout.:whip1:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey Terry - Good luck with the workouts. Glad to hear the Doc's given you the okay.

Methinks some pyung ahns, naihanchi, and bassai are in order in order to possibly meet up in Feb.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1 set of 50 situps
1 set of 40 V-ups
3 sets of 10 lunges
Stationary bike for 1 mile

45 minutes of a tap class my friend talked me into in a *HOT* room - some mild cardio.

To eat today:

Toast with a little peanut butter
1/2 honeycrisp apple
1/2 cup yogurt with strawberries and blueberries
1 banana
1 veggie sammich (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle) weensie bit mayo (about 1/2 tsp)

About to have ultra thin-crust veggie pizza, no cheese and salad.

I'm down 16 oz of fluid as I type for my daily 10 servings of liquid.

Stretching in a bit, then hyung.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Terry - Good luck with the workouts. Glad to hear the Doc's given you the okay.

Methinks some pyung ahns, naihanchi, and bassai are in order in order to possibly meet up in Feb.

I agree and thank you upnorth

Latest Discussions