New member ...

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello all, the name would actually be Bob. I'm new to MartialTalk. I have taken a bit of time to read a few threads, but I'm just getting started. I originally came online to see what people knew about the Villari/USSD split and I'm quite sure there is a lot of knowledge out there.

I am of the split era, having trained now with both styles. I was with the Villari system, or at least a teacher of his proclaimed art, from 1985-92, not too sure what all went on from 1988-92, only knew what I was told from a one-sided point of view, attaining Nidan. After taking several years away from the arts, I am now with USSD and yes, I've seen all the negativity, but I can assure you I have a good instructor and have had mostly good experiences. It's not a money thing with me. It's not a who's who with me. It's not a who did what with me. It's a where am I and what are my needs. I'm in a good place and my needs met being met. That is what matters.

That's it for now, type at you all again soon ... Bob

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
14 Kempo said:
It's a where am I and what are my needs. I'm in a good place and my needs met being met. That is what matters

All excellent reasons...Greetings and welcome to MT...

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey: Glad to hear that training has been going well for you, despite the split.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aloha and welcome to MT.
Although I can't help you with the initial topic. feel free to ping on me about American Kenpo.

Happy Posting

Aloha

Rick

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Enjoy your stay with us!:)

Mike

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Bob, browse around and be sure to use the search engine to find topics of interest (to you) and enjoy your stay.

Latest Discussions