My New Toy

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And I think Harleys are good bikes. However, I want what I want. And I don't want the same bike that 94% of everybody wants. 500cc is fine for me.

Don't blame you. And if I get back to bikes their 650 would be big enough for me. But then I am a fan of the old 81-82 Yamaha 500 XT so 500cc works too.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Taking with a couple long time Harley guys I know today about the new Royal Enfields and both said the same thing.

They are solid and dependable bikes, they were just to small for them. But both were impressed by it though

Made in the same place

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted a bike. Ever since I used to ride on the back of my father’s on the highway when I was 5 years old. Yeah, times have certainly changed :)

The only thing stopping me is everyone else on the road. I’ve been in a few car accidents that weren’t my fault - 2 people ran red lights and hit me, totaling both cars. I’ve been rear ended twice. I would’ve survived one of those 4 accidents on a bike.

Yet I keep looking into the motorcycle riding course at a local community college and asking about my friends’ Harleys.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Harleys are made in the USA the Royal Enfield is now made in India I believe

Harley's are made in the US for the US market, and in India for the Indian market. RE is made in Chennai, India, a continuation of the original factory built by RE of the UK before they folded. RE claims with some justification to be the oldest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. And although RE is not well known in the USA, they sell three times more bikes in India than Harley does world-wide. They're not a small company.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Damn dangerous machines for crazy people.

But if you really like them, and you haven't seen this movie from 2011, you should. I promise you won't be disappointed.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted a bike. Ever since I used to ride on the back of my father’s on the highway when I was 5 years old. Yeah, times have certainly changed :)

The only thing stopping me is everyone else on the road. I’ve been in a few car accidents that weren’t my fault - 2 people ran red lights and hit me, totaling both cars. I’ve been rear ended twice. I would’ve survived one of those 4 accidents on a bike.

Yet I keep looking into the motorcycle riding course at a local community college and asking about my friends’ Harleys.
I have had three Harley's but it has been several years since I owned one. I rode our counties only PD police bike which was a Suzuki 1100. Pretty quick but handled like a dump truck. Heavy. I have ridden and raced in Enduro and hare scrambles since I was old enough to straddle a bike. Tricky Dick Burleson is an old friend of mine. Man I miss doing multi-day trials races.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Harley's are made in the US for the US market, and in India for the Indian market. RE is made in Chennai, India, a continuation of the original factory built by RE of the UK before they folded. RE claims with some justification to be the oldest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. And although RE is not well known in the USA, they sell three times more bikes in India than Harley does world-wide. They're not a small company.

Yeah. We get them imported. And they go cheap here.

Harley krishnas

Latest Discussions