No idea what is going on...think I'm getting old

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Don't know what it was, unless it is age. But I have always done my best to avoid hot weather...always preferred winter over summer....until a couple of years ago, all of a sudden hot weather did not seem so bad.

Then last year, around this time, I was in Fort Lauderdale with temps in the 90s Fahrenheit with humidity levels in the 90s. Not only did I not mind it, I rather enjoyed it and all I wanted to do was go out on the hotel balcony and either sit there and read and watch the boat go by or do what bits of Chen Taiji I remembered and Chen silk reeling too.

Today, I already and jones to do taiji, and can't due to knee surgery, and I just went out side and it is 85 degrees and it made the whole I want to do taijiquan thing worse.

I think I'm getting old...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know what it was, unless it is age. But I have always done my best to avoid hot weather...always preferred winter over summer....until a couple of years ago, all of a sudden hot weather did not seem so bad.

Then last year, around this time, I was in Fort Lauderdale with temps in the 90s Fahrenheit with humidity levels in the 90s. Not only did I not mind it, I rather enjoyed it and all I wanted to do was go out on the hotel balcony and either sit there and read and watch the boat go by or do what bits of Chen Taiji I remembered and Chen silk reeling too.

Today, I already and jones to do taiji, and can't due to knee surgery, and I just went out side and it is 85 degrees and it made the whole I want to do taijiquan thing worse.

Come to the light side. We may not have cookies, but we do have ice cream

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Come to the light side. We may not have cookies, but we do have ice cream

And that's the other thing...I have always liked cookies better than ice cream and lately I keep eating ice cream...... there can't be good in me.....there just CAN'T be.......no, must fight it....not....going...to...the....light side :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

spidersam

Orange Belt
Reaction score

I think you just forgot how to enjoy the heat :) sit outside, do some Taiji, and then jump in the swimming pool.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I LOVE summertime. As long as there is a little breeze I am fine. Our "dog days" usually start in August. Very hot, very humid and usually no breeze. That I am not a fan of.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
temperature and immune system - Google Search

Yale University has found when the core body temperature inside the nose falls by 5C, the immune system does not work as well to fight the cold virus. ... Mostly, the immune system stops the virus taking hold, but as the temperature drops, so does the body's ability to fight off the intruder.

Many people associate cold weather with the common cold. While the weather is not directly responsible for making people sick, the viruses that cause colds may spread more easily in lower temperatures, and exposure to cold and dry air may adversely impact the body's immune system

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen here you young whipper snapper don’t make get off a my rocking chair and give you what fer..... now where did I put that dang cane
You don’t scare me old dude. Not until that knee heals a bit, anyway. Then I’m just going to go hide in the mud.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
temperature and immune system - Google Search

Yale University has found when the core body temperature inside the nose falls by 5C, the immune system does not work as well to fight the cold virus. ... Mostly, the immune system stops the virus taking hold, but as the temperature drops, so does the body's ability to fight off the intruder.

Many people associate cold weather with the common cold. While the weather is not directly responsible for making people sick, the viruses that cause colds may spread more easily in lower temperatures, and exposure to cold and dry air may adversely impact the body's immune system
well the problem with colds, is the inune system response is far worse that the disease,( a bit like hay fever) the colds not going to do you much harm at all, but the mechanism to defeat is what makes you feel lowsy, and the imunisation effect is little use, as there are so many variations that it would take you a 100 years or so to get imunity to all of them, however in theory the older you are, the more colds you've had, the less likely you are to get one

Latest Discussions