mma is a made up martial art.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were trying to be cool... an impossible task, but let's pretend... I'd call myself a ninja. Because ninja are way cooler than MMA fighters, and that will always be true.

Maybe instead of MMA fighter or MMA'ist, we can call them cage ninja?

They can't be cage ninjas... we can see them!

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They can't be cage ninjas... we can see them!

i think people who call themselves cage ninjas would actually be really hard to find in a cage.

so it may still be valid.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think people who call themselves cage ninjas would actually be really hard to find in a cage.

so it may still be valid.

If this was a Babylon 5 universe, the Dilgar Spectre would win all day and night. They have camo suits that are undetectable. Now that has to be Ninja :)

D

Deleted member 32980

Wow. How dare you dishonor me. What a terrible sport you are.

D

Deleted member 32980

Btw. The cage ninja thing wouldn't work. They are trained only to fight. No tradition or anything is be taught to them.

And they don't use weapons. And they are punchy

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Btw. The cage ninja thing wouldn't work. They are trained only to fight. No tradition or anything is be taught to them.

And they don't use weapons. And they are punchy

Yet another subject about which you seem to be...less than well informed.
Not going to answer direct questions? I assume you know how that makes you look?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why should I answer someone who degrades others?

There is no degradation in what I wrote. You post some pretty questionable claims, and I am questioning them. You can answer, or not. If you answer, then people can draw their own conclusions. If you don't, they can draw their own conclusions about that, as well.

As for "dishonor"... if your claims are as bogus as they appear to be, then there is certainly some dishonor involved.

You will find, I think, that those who will not discuss their training tend to lack credibility here. Especially when their claims don't quite add up.

Dr.Smith

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was a fairly avid point contact tourny figter when i was a kid. Likely shows my age. Back then though it was still us versus them, us being hybrid systems and them being tma clubs. Somethings never change I guess.

Dr.Smith

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think we probably mostly agree that MMA is in the process of becoming a distinct, recognizable style. There's room for disagreement regarding how far along that process it is. Depending on how you view a "style" it may be just beginning to take shape or it may be most of the way there.

I personally agree that mma is already a style, mma as a word can be used just like the word kung fu, there are many types of kung fu there are many types of mma as well.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally agree that mma is already a style, mma as a word can be used just like the word kung fu, there are many types of kung fu there are many types of mma as well.

Valid point. There was a post recently (I'm not digging it up right now, but can if someone insists...) that mentioned a particular MMA gym issuing belt ranks. A quick application of my Google-Fu (which nobody uses in the cage, so it must be useless) shows that there are several places doing this. So how is getting a belt in "Jackson MMA" qualitatively different than getting one in "Tracy Kenpo"?

D

Deleted member 32980

If you didn't attack me I'd be more than happy to answer and question. You already got one refferal don't get another over something petty.

And something's that seem unreal is because I was born with a certain greatness and I achieve amazing tasks.

Dr.Smith

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If you didn't attack me I'd be more than happy to answer and question. You already got one refferal don't get another over something petty.

And something's that seem unreal is because I was born with a certain greatness and I achieve amazing tasks.

What seems to be your issue? Are you haveing problems with other people here on the forum or what?

Latest Discussions