mma is a made up martial art.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Conor McGregor seems to have the hang of it.
|
It's reported that CM trains out of Matt Thornton's SBG franchise. Under the coach Tez3 mentioned. I think CM takes JA.... either now or later re JA's injury....
|
I think CM is one of the best strikers in MMA.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
...Its simple guys, this whole thing is a play on words, mma is an acronym that we should all be able to use when we need to describe a whole host of different martial arts, we need to get real with ourselves when we talk about this. Love mma love watching fights love the martial arts and their rich history sorry to see it go to the dogs.
|
You guys still talking about this? I kinda said this I don't know how many posts ago....
|
Carry on....:bucktooth:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
|
It's reported that CM trains out of Matt Thornton's SBG franchise. Under the coach Tez3 mentioned. I think CM takes JA.... either now or later re JA's injury....
|
I think CM is one of the best strikers in MMA.

Conor trains with John Kavanagh in Dublin, Eire. John is a cracking coach and a really nice guy, I have a lot of time for him.
SBG Ireland
Karl Tanswell is also a world renown MMA coach whose self defence instruction is first class by the way comes out of SBG in the UK.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Conor trains with John Kavanagh in Dublin, Eire. John is a cracking coach and a really nice guy, I have a lot of time for him.
SBG Ireland
Karl Tanswell is also a world renown MMA coach whose self defence instruction is first class by the way comes out of SBG in the UK.
|
Thanks. Also helps to explain our differing philosophies....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think Conor Mcgregor is a loud mouth. Great competitor, but man, that guy is annoying to listen to. Between him and Michael Bisping, I can't think of who's worse. What's worse is that Fox over here in the States gets Bisping on as a commentator now. Ugh...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think Conor Mcgregor is a loud mouth. Great competitor, but man, that guy is annoying to listen to. Between him and Michael Bisping, I can't think of who's worse. What's worse is that Fox over here in the States gets Bisping on as a commentator now. Ugh...
Bisping is def worse that dude drives me up a wall

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
|
Oh well, it's showtime..... Look at how poorly my academic musings are received by many here. So go, Connor, GO!:blackeye:

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I doubt it somehow, would you care to explain what you think my 'philosophy' is?

Get a start @ the Shotokan for Self Defense Thread. Post # 1407--I know you prefer specific references... OOPS, that's self defence (with a "c"). Hoping to avoid another spelling lesson.:jimlad:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The fight game is an odd thing, and I always forget that.

Years ago, as a fan, I never liked Tito Ortiz. Not even a little bit. But a long time, close friend knew Tito and told me what a good guy he was, and how his tv persona was just that, a calculated image for the fight game, which he was deeply embedded in, and how he earned a living in a very short window of time. I didn't doubt my friend, he's straight up and had been in the game a long time, and when I watched Ortiz as a coach on TUF, I got it. Great coach/trainer, which was a stark comparison to the other coach, Ken Shamrock, whom I had always liked.

As I watched, Shamrock might have been the worst coach I've ever seen. Off the charts fighting ability, but couldn't relate knowledge to anyone in any way, not even a little. Ortiz really surprised me in his knowledge, teaching style and personal demeanor. I always try to remember those things when I see guys come into the limelight of the UFC or any other fight venue that I watch or am part of, but somehow I always forget.

Wasn't a fan of McGregor, I like the way he fights but not a fan of him, and I really don't like Bisping at all, not one little bit - but I don't know a damn thing about either of them except for what I read and see.......on the internet and television. Those are two, top notch, holy sources, they couldn't possibly stear me wrong, because, hey, I know about these things.

I wonder how any of us would be depicted in the fight game for money? I don't know if we'd orchestrate it or be a victim of it. I don't think we'd care as long as we were maximizing our earning potential and winning more than losing. Just a thought.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bisping is def worse that dude drives me up a wall

Trust me it's worse when you know him, we had the dubious honour of giving him his pro debut fight, it was against one of our amateur fighters and Bisping actually wasn't that good, he was extremely arrogant then ( he used to post up on an MMA forum with the rest of us with the user name The Count lol), his father even worse. He brought a couple of 'his' fighters to a couple of our shows, all like him. His fighting improved somewhat but his manner just got worse. You'll find he's not that well liked here ( come to think of it we haven't heard from him for ages, he's too good for us lol) his support is only because he's British and we think we should support him when he's fighting non Brits, he fights Brits and there's no support for him :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a start @ the Shotokan for Self Defense Thread. Post # 1407--I know you prefer specific references... OOPS, that's self defence (with a "c"). Hoping to avoid another spelling lesson.:jimlad:

What are you on about?

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The fight game is an odd thing, and I always forget that.

Years ago, as a fan, I never liked Tito Ortiz.
|
As a diehard UFC / MMA fan, ya' gotta love Tito Ortiz....
|
ADD: I've seen some interview where he presents himself very well.....

Latest Discussions