McGregor vs Khabib

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And what about the fighters safety that got endangered.....one fighter actually getting hurt and could've been blinded, another fighter had a near panic attack because of it mcgrgeor and his team assaulting a security. Yet nothing happened. Normally I'd be against khabib for this kind of thing but I'm also a big believer in dealing with the consequences of your actions and mcgrgeor and his cronies deserved everything they got. First rule of self defence don't start trouble with people because you never know what they'll do back to you

In the end they are fighters.

Fans and spectators aren't and I would imagine the commission will not be happy and might make a example out of Khabib.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the end they are fighters.

Fans and spectators aren't and I would imagine the commission will not be happy and might make a example out of Khabib.
And no fans got hurt and what about when dumb and dumber mcgrgeor and Diaz throwing bottles which hit fans...again nothing done.

Also check this out mcgrgeor threw this first punch Dominick Cruz on Twitter

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And no fans got hurt and what about when dumb and dumber mcgrgeor and Diaz throwing bottles which hit fans...again nothing done.

No fans got hurt this time.

Doesn't matter how much you dislike Conor....there is no excusing this.

Like I tell my son....I don't care what so and so did.....that does not excuse your actions.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Neither of us are saying mcgregor is right in any way, and IMO he should be in jail, not the octagon. But, from the UFC standpoint, for the future of the sport (which relies on fans) what khabib did is worse. Im not saying it is worse, but from the viewpoint of the UFC it is

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
No fans got hurt this time.

Doesn't matter how much you dislike Conor....there is no excusing this.

Like I tell my son....I don't care what so and so did.....that does not excuse your actions.
No matter how much you worship him there's no excuse to what he's done....making racist comments, jumping a fence and trying to start a fight with Aldo, throwing bottles in a crowded, jumping a fence and attacking a referee, attempting to kick a guy at a weigh in and of course your purposefully ignored the video I showed. Firas said it best. The bully got bullied. At school you can't bully someone for weeks then cry when the guy smacks you back

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Chuck says it best

image.jpg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
No matter how much you worship him there's no excuse to what he's done....making racist comments, jumping a fence and trying to start a fight with Aldo, throwing bottles in a crowded, jumping a fence and attacking a referee, attempting to kick a guy at a weigh in and of course your purposefully ignored the video I showed. Firas said it best. The bully got bullied. At school you can't bully someone for weeks then cry when the guy smacks you back

Worship????

I like to watch him fight but I don't worship him.

I think they are both turd heads.

Conor was wrong for what he did and Khabib is equally wrong for what he did.....I'll still watch both of them fight though.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Worship????

I like to watch him fight but I don't worship him.

I think they are both turd heads.

Conor was wrong for what he did and Khabib is equally wrong for what he did.....I'll still watch both of them fight though.
Really because every time he's done something you've been the one to jump in to defend him. In my opinion mcgrgeor got everything he deserved tonight. It's karma for all the crap he's done. McGregor started all this wwe bs no maybe not start it but took it to the extreme bringing up a mans country, his family and his religion. You say what you told your kid well what I always told mine is if you're going to insult someone and be a bully don't come crying if you get punched

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really because every time he's done something you've been the one to jump in to defend him. In my opinion mcgrgeor got everything he deserved tonight. It's karma for all the crap he's done. McGregor started all this wwe bs no maybe not start it but took it to the extreme bringing up a mans country, his family and his religion. You say what you told your kid well what I always told mine is if you're going to insult someone and be a bully don't come crying if you get punched

I rattle your chain a little just because I know you hate him.....and I do enjoy watching him fight. But make no mistake my opinion is he is a complete douchebag.

I ignore all the outside B.S. and just enjoy the fights.

Honestly, I don't see why you let him get under your skin so much.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I rattle your chain a little just because I know you hate him.....and I do enjoy watching him fight. But make no mistake my opinion is he is a complete douchebag.

I ignore all the outside B.S. and just enjoy the fights.

Honestly, I don't see why you let him get under your skin so much.
Because he's a criminal firstly and he's making this sport a joke. He's confirming people's stereotypes of Mma that a lot of people have worked extremely hard to break. I've been around the early days of the sport where friends of mine were struggling to eat because no one was paying them enough to fight and not even giving them a job because they thought because they fought Mma they were thugs. That started getting resolved about 2008 then this guy comes in and takes it right back to where it started. He's embarrassed the sport more times than I can count and his actions have lead other people to do the same because they think that's how you can get paid

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
You say what you told your kid well what I always told mine is if you're going to insult someone and be a bully don't come crying if you get punched

But you didn't teach your kid that if someone acts like a boneheaded thug....that they should also act like a boneheaded thug either.

That is what we have. Two fighter one upping each other as boneheaded thugs.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because he's a criminal firstly and he's making this sport a joke. He's confirming people's stereotypes of Mma that a lot of people have worked extremely hard to break. I've been around the early days of the sport where friends of mine were struggling to eat because no one was paying them enough to fight and not even giving them a job because they thought because they fought Mma they were thugs. That started getting resolved about 2008 then this guy comes in and takes it right back to where it started. He's embarrassed the sport more times than I can count and his actions have lead other people to do the same because they think that's how you can get paid

So why aren't you as upset with Khabib?

He probably confirmed the stereotype more than Conor ever did?

Jumping out of the ring and attacking someone? Teammates jumping into the ring and attacking someone.....crazy.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Headhunter has a point. McGregor has definitely added a lot of poison to the sport, and the UFC itself is also partially to blame because they allowed it to happen to drive up PPV sales.

I'm not excusing what Khabib did, but yeah, you put that much crap into the miasma it's going to come back at you ten fold.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former world heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury: "What the average fan don't understand is it's showbusiness as well as a fight. Think how big a rematch could be."

and the winner is...…….. the UFC. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Headhunter has a point. McGregor has definitely added a lot of poison to the sport, and the UFC itself is also partially to blame because they allowed it to happen to drive up PPV sales.

I'm not excusing what Khabib did, but yeah, you put that much crap into the miasma it's going to come back at you ten fold.
Like firas zahabi said tonight the bully got bullied plain and simple.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Former world heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury: "What the average fan don't understand is it's showbusiness as well as a fight. Think how big a rematch could be."

and the winner is...…….. the UFC. :D:D:D:D:D:D
How on earth does this help the UFC....their golden ticket just got destroyed and the champion is about to have a huge suspension and probably stripped of his title with a bunch of bad press.....more than likely mcgrgeor retires now anyway. Anyway why would their be a rematch he easily lost heck mcgrgeor got dropped by a wrestler and he's the one who's meant to be a world class boxer

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wowza wowza wowza... didn't watch it but heard about it today...

Does anyone know if there was a precursor to Khabib going out there to attack McGregor's team? I heard something like McGregor did something to Khabib's team earlier on first... (whether attack or verbal something)

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wowza wowza wowza... didn't watch it but heard about it today...

Does anyone know if there was a precursor to Khabib going out there to attack McGregor's team? I heard something like McGregor did something to Khabib's team earlier on first... (whether attack or verbal something)
Well yeah...mcgrgeor made numerous racist comments during the week about him and his father, tried to kick him at the weigh ins and smashed up a bus trying to fight him and had one of his cronies trash talking outside the cage

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well yeah...mcgrgeor made numerous racist comments during the week about him and his father, tried to kick him at the weigh ins and smashed up a bus trying to fight him and had one of his cronies trash talking outside the cage
Ah yeah knew about those but I mean during or just before the match, just that was such a reaction from Khabib!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How on earth does this help the UFC....their golden ticket just got destroyed and the champion is about to have a huge suspension and probably stripped of his title with a bunch of bad press.....more than likely mcgrgeor retires now anyway. Anyway why would their be a rematch he easily lost heck mcgrgeor got dropped by a wrestler and he's the one who's meant to be a world class boxer

Nope, there will be 'an in-depth enquiry' with 'lessons learnt', people will be sanctioned but there's always someone coming up to take the place of whoever gets dropped. The UFC pays people to spin, remember too the old adage 'there's no such thing as bad publicity'. Oil companies survive massive spills with environmental damage, governments survive despite their ineptitude, the UFC isn't inept and MMA is only a sport, they have their lawyers and spin doctors busy working now. Give it a few weeks and all will be business as usual. 'Golden tickets' come and they go, always more where they come from, plenty of young guns who will fill the slot. Watch out for the 'next big thing'. It doesn't actually matter who wins fights, it just matters that fights sell tickets. UFC turned WWE.

Latest Discussions