McGregor vs Khabib

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah yeah for sure, ah I heard that apparently Connor actually threw the first punch at Khabib's cornerman, which is why it all started. But yeah craziness...
He'd already gone over the fence before that but yes mcgrgeor did throw a punch first. There was a video but conveniently been taken down now

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like a little biff madness in my sport. And Connors corner deserved to have kabib go after them.

I have always watched sports that have had fights. Played sports that have had fights I mean rugby is famous for it.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
^^^^^^ This!
It happens because the UFC Allows it! It is allowed because it sells.
I’m sure the powers that be have already sat down and analyzed a cost-to-benefit ratio of all the possibilities - suspensions, lifetime bans, doing nothing, and anything else. Any decisions they make will be driven by maximum revenue, short term and long term.

If they think more people will watch, they’ll issue some slaps on the wrist and laugh all the way to the bank. If they think they’ll alienate enough paying people by allowing this and the precedent that’ll send, they’ll hand out lifetime bans while laughing all the way to the bank. They’ll calculate what makes the most money AND looks the best and will come up with what they think is the best financial decision here. Trust me, a multimillion dollar business isn’t stupid. They’ve got the money to pay the best people in the business at this stuff.

I wonder if either of them have a record about to drop. Remember Ron Artest? ;)

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have no doubt that plans are already being made for Conor/Khabib 2 with Khabib's fence hopping being a major part of the promotional material.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
on a side note Derrick Lewis might have had the best post fight reaction.....lol.

Uncensored version

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why would people want a rematch it'll be exactly the same. McGregors grappling has been bad his whole career yet done nothing about it. He doesn't deserve a title shot he's 2-2 in his last 4 got easily dominated in every area including his speciality. One thing the fight proves is mayweather carried him. I mean if khabib can drop him that easily mayweather would've finished in the first round if he wanted to

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad McGregor lost, not happy about the after fight fight from Khabib...but hey Vladimir Putin called and congratulated him
Normally I'd be against those actions from khabib but what goes around comes at the end of the day

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why would people want a rematch it'll be exactly the same. McGregors grappling has been bad his whole career yet done nothing about it. He doesn't deserve a title shot he's 2-2 in his last 4 got easily dominated in every area including his speciality. One thing the fight proves is mayweather carried him. I mean if khabib can drop him that easily mayweather would've finished in the first round if he wanted to

Agree....no way Conor beats Khabib.

I do want to see Tony Ferguson v Conor though.

That would be a fun fight.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think mcgrgeor retires now anyway. He now knows he can't call himself a double champion at all. His reputation as a fighter has taken a huge hit by getting dominated on his feet by a wrestler and he quit basically. I have no issue with tapping when your done but he didn't even try to fight the submission he tapped Almost as soon as it went on just like against Diaz. He's raised his stupid games aren't working as well anymore and people aren't going to be as intimidated by his mouth. He's lost 2 of his last 4 and the top of the lightweight all gives him trouble in my opinion he won't want to go on a full losing streak so I think he retires now

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was glad to see Khabib win. Despite his behavior after the fight, he handles himself in a more respectable manner overall than McGregor. Some people like the **** talkers and that certainly is good for the business side of the equation.

On another note, look at how important grappling is, especially wrestling in MMA. Khabib just destroys people.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think we can put either Khabib or Conner in the position of respectful. What happened last night was disgraceful especially by Khabib because he went over the fence first and started the brawl. I expect Khabib to get a slap on the hand, nothing will happen to McGregor but the entourage that jumped the fence and came into the Octagon will get the book thrown at them and really pay the price. That is what I would expect. That and McGregor and Nuragamedov 2 in the near future.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don’t think any rematch is sellable. I don’t thing Khabib gets a license to fight in Nevada again.

I enjoyed the entertainment of the train wreck for a couple of minutes. Could care less if I see either jerk again.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could care less if I see either jerk again.

So you do care.

I spotted John Kavanagh when it all kicked off in front of him, he was sat on the apron of the cage, just watching. Good lad. He did say that McGregor wouldn't be retiring though.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some people like the **** talkers and that certainly is good for the business side of the equation.
There’s a huge difference between talking and doing. And especially when innocent bystanders are involved and at risk. I’m not talking about the people Khabib directly went after, I’m talking about the people sitting next to him. I’m sure they didn’t deserve all the physical activity they were subjected to.

The whole thing’s an absolute disgrace. I don’t think there’s words strong enough to describe how disgraceful the whole thing is. Doesn’t matter who started what and how nor who retaliated and how. And it’s quite obvious Khabib’s actions were premeditated.

My opinions don’t matter in the whole grand scheme of things because I’ve never ordered UFC PPV nor will I. This has nothing to do with that. I have zero interest in it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinions don’t matter in the whole grand scheme of things because I’ve never ordered UFC PPV

I've never paid to watch any UFC. it's free on one of the channels we have here.

You are correct though in your summation though, however the UFC is a business and as the first punch was thrown outside the cage someone from the company would be already thinking about damage limitation and how they can profit from it the incident. It's what most companies do. A fighter here who fought in the UFC said that Dan's disapproval only ever lasts a fortnight :D

One interesting thing I've heard said is that if Khabib has his purse confiscated it's likely Putin will pay it instead. A good many are actually blaming the UFC, any risk assessment done would have highlighted problems of just this type.

Latest Discussions