Looking for Ninjitsu Training Partners in the NW Indiana Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can train with Otto regularly that would be a really good fit. He has been around a long time and experienced a lot!
icon6.gif

OP
R

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He's coming back really soon to host another seminar with Pablo, Chris, and one of his students named Dolton if my mind serves me correct Otto has 25 years in the Bujinkan and Chris has 15 years.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's coming back really soon to host another seminar with Pablo, Chris, and one of his students named Dolton if my mind serves me correct Otto has 25 years in the Bujinkan and Chris has 15 years.

I'm not sure if Chris has been around that long but Otto certainly has! (long time and a great guy)

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
Both Otto and Pablo seem like great guys. I met them both whilst nerding out and playing some Warhammer. I talked at length one night with Pablo about ninjutsu and martial arts as a whole.

If you can make it to Michigan where Otto is, rumour has it he doesn't charge anything for training. This is just a rumour, as I don't train with him, I cannot fully confirm nor deny that.

OP
R

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He charges I'm fairly certain of it but you get to show to any of the classes being held there including the BJJ and Muay Thai classes as well with your monthly membership. Well, I'm graduating in about 6 months from college and then after that I'm going into the military to kill my student loans and get the best backing ever for a career in private security but I'll pay them a visit after my finances get straightened out.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey Johnny,

I decided to go more public with my search for people to train with and got some profiles on Meetup check them out.

Okay, since you asked....

http://www.meetup.com/Demolition-MMA/

We are a sub-group of the NW Indiana Martial Artists and Parkourists Club that have desires of using our martial arts training for competition purposes. We do train with members of the NW Indiana Martial Artists and Parkourists Club, Demolition MMA, and the Black Dragon Ninjitsu and Street Focus Jujitsu Study Group all under one roof. If you have the desire to compete using your martial arts skills no matter what style you use or want type of competition you want to do our group will try to help you out.

Okay, be straight on what you want. Competition is not part of Ninjutsu, so again I suggest either you drop the idea (as it really does seem like Ninjutsu is not what you are after, and competition, particularly MMA format is), or recognise that you need to get a better understanding of what these systems actually deal with.

http://www.meetup.com/NW-Indiana-Martial-Artists-and-Parkourists-Club/

This group is for people that stay throughout the Northwest Indiana area (we'll work with people that are in the Chicago area but be forewarned all of our meetings & sparring sessions are going to be in NW Indiana) that practices the martial arts no matter what style they practice & for people wanting to do Parkour. Basically this group just meets up with each other to talk about the martial arts & Parkour, sparring with each other to improve our current fighting skills, (please no style discrimination) & to perfect our skills in our own prospective styles of the martial arts along with learning to incorporate Parkour to become a more complete martial artist.

Right. Again, what do you want? You started this thread stating that you wanted to start a Ninjutsu school in your area (as you felt it was lacking... although you have consistently shown since then that your understanding and expectations of Ninjutsu are even more lacking. It is nothing that you have described here or anywhere else), however you are then constantly talking about bringing in other people training in other arts, and now bringing in parkour to make you a "more complete martial artist (?!?!)". The idea of bringing in other martial artists to train with can have benefits only after you have gained reasonable experience, skill, and understanding in your system! And you are years from that, if at all!

Again, your concept and rhetoric of "no style bashing/discrimination" is rather redundant, learning one art requires that you train in that art, not multiple others. This is not style discrimination, it's reality. You are coming across as someone who's entire knowledge is based on fantasy, as well as frankly having your entire knowledge and understanding based on TV and movies.

Pick a path. Either study Ninjutsu so you can open a school in a number of years down the road, or drop the idea and keep going with this frankly poorly thought out fantasy based group you're starting. But it is nothing to do with Ninjutsu. It really has to be one or the other.

http://www.meetup.com/Black-Dragon-Ninjitsu-Street-Focus-Jujitsu-Study-Group/
We are a sub-group of the NW Indiana Martial Artists and Parkourists Club and Demolition MMA that studies the styles of Black Dragon Ninjitsu and Street Focus Jujitsu. We do train with members of the NW Indiana Martial Artists and Parkourists Club, Demolition MMA, as well as ourselves all under one roof. If you have the desire to earn rank in both of these rare systems this is the group you would want to join. Reference material will be provided on both styles so that our progress with studying both styles is really quick and very precise to the dot.

Now, here on MT there is no fraudbusting, so I'm going to tread very close to the line, and hope I don't go over....

Are you freakin' kidding me?!!? Ron Collins' "Street Focus Jujitsu" and "Black Dragon Ninjitsu"?!?! Okay, now we know why you've been so insistant on your incorrect spelling.. you remember how I said it was the hallmark of people who have no idea what Ninjutsu is, and no authentic link whatsoever (see, I did that without using the "f" word! Yay me!), this is who I was talking about!!! This is Ashida Kim's group, son.

And (realising that I probably don't actually want the answer to this, as I can guess what it's going to be....) how are you going to provide the ability to "earn rank in.... these rare systems"? With the "reference material" you have listed on the page of this last one? Meaning no actual teacher? If you want to act out a movie fantasy, go for it. But don't reference it as Ninjutsu, okay?

This needs to be said as well, though.

You will gain no skill in any art with your plan the way you are doing it, most particularly Ninjutsu.

You are coming at this filled with movie fantasy.

Choose Ninjutsu or competitive training, you can't have both.

Oh, and before you bring up the examples on your thread on Budoseek, look to my answer there. You have many years to go before you could even consider what you are proposing (and you're also not in a position to have any understanding of their decisions, or what it means).

Fantasy is one thing, but if you post things like this in a Ninjutsu forum, expect a Ninjutsu answer. As I suggested before, I recommend not posting things like this here (in this thread), but perhaps starting a new thread in a completely different forum, I'd suggest probably the Schools/Instructor forum, it's geared up for this, or the General Martial Arts forum, or even the MMA forum, as that is really the closest (albeit this being a rather undisciplined form, you would probably need to get a lot more focus first....).

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that is really all I can say! If you wish to train in Ninjutsu then you need to be a part of one of the X-Kan's. If you were training with Otto that would be fine but you seem to be all over the place and truthfully you appear just to want to find a way to start at the top. The post with the other groups you just listed which of course those are not a part of the X-Kans or even someone that has broken away. It would appear that you have found someone to back you in the Nin quest. Unfortunately for you going down this path is a great way to be a laughing stock. Based on your posting pattern you are interested in MMA why not just study that?

OP
R

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Brian, to answer your question I need something to market to promoters when I fight so since I'm not a former pro wrestler from the WWE that is famous already why not be a Ninjutsu practitioner that does Muay Thai, Point Karate, BJJ, and MMA competitions? Also most of the people who have Ninjutsu backgrounds other than Jeremy Horn have quit doing MMA either because their bodies can't take it anymore or they never adapted their techniques to work in that environment. (This is how I see it if they can use Ninjutsu and compete in MMA why cant' I do it?) Also marketing is based on controversy any way so the more people that hate me or wants to see me get seriously hurt the more tickets I pull in for my bouts which means more money for me. Then factor in with this "home study course Ninja" persona I'm using I should be highly marketable to the public especially the local competition scene. If I'm really dominate also I can have something like Fedor has when people just go to my events to see if I add another body to my record or just to see if I can finally get broken and lose. Oh well, I know I'm going to be hated anyway no matter which path I choose so mind as well get use to it. Besides I hear positives and negatives to every style of the martial arts so no matter which path I take in the martial arts I'm going to be seen as a moron by some then some are going to respect me for doing it.

Last edited:

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Brian, to answer your question I need something to market to promoters when I fight so since I'm not a former pro wrestler from the WWE that is famous already why not be a Ninjutsu practitioner that does Muay Thai, Point Karate, BJJ, and MMA competitions? Also most of the people who have Ninjutsu backgrounds other than Jeremy Horn have quit doing MMA either because their bodies can't take it anymore or they never adapted their techniques to work in that environment. (This is how I see it if they can use Ninjutsu and compete in MMA why cant' I do it?) Also marketing is based on controversy any way so the more people that hate me or wants to see me get seriously hurt the more tickets I pull in for my bouts which means more money for me. Then factor in with this "home study course Ninja" persona I'm using I should be highly marketable to the public especially the local competition scene. If I'm really dominate also I can have something like Fedor has when people just go to my events to see if I add another body to my record or just to see if I can finally get broken and lose. Oh well, I know I'm going to be hated anyway no matter which path I choose so mind as well get use to it. Besides I hear positives and negatives to every style of the martial arts so no matter which path I take in the martial arts I'm going to be seen as a moron by some then some are going to respect me for doing it.

So you're going to misrepresent an entire art that people have dedicated their lives to learning, passing, and maintaining tradition?

Ninjutsu already has enough flack from others misrepresenting it. How is what you're doing going to earn you money? It's just going to get respectable people to not like you and for you to be embarrassed. I will show you a video of what people in MMA think of fake Ninja.
It will NOT gain you popularity, just making you a laughing stock of whoever hears you mention it.

That's a video of another FAKE wannabe Ninja, claiming he is a Ninja trained in Ninjutsu.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Um Tanaka that is why you train to handle yourself in MMA competitions with MMA fighters also imagine if the guy did win what would the MMA team be saying then of him? Also everyone what do you think of the La Grange Gracie Jiu-jitsu instructor that opened his own school as well as competed just off of the Gracie Academy material ? Like I said what I'm doing is nothing new in the martial arts people have done it before we were born and people are still doing it to this day it just all boils down to dedication to perfecting your art.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
So... basically you're saying that you know you are a liar and a fraud who knows nothing about the art whose name he is abusing but since other people do it too, that makes it ok?

*I know I used the f word here, but since the person said himself that he has zero legit ninjutsu skills, that is probably not fraud busting on my part.

OP
R

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So Bruno, you're calling Hwang Kee the founder of Tang Soo Do a fraud and a liar as well as every Tang Soo Do stylists one too because I'm basing my plan off of him and how he developed Tang Soo Do. Which is now one of the predominant martial arts of Korea and famous martial artist Chuck Norris studied as well if you don't believe me here is the link provided on the history of Tang Soo Do by a school in California.

http://www.octangsoodo.com/History_of_Tang_Soo_Do.php

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Um Tanaka that is why you train to handle yourself in MMA competitions with MMA fighters also imagine if the guy did win what would the MMA team be saying then of him? Also everyone what do you think of the La Grange Gracie Jiu-jitsu instructor that opened his own school as well as competed just off of the Gracie Academy material ? Like I said what I'm doing is nothing new in the martial arts people have done it before we were born and people are still doing it to this day it just all boils down to dedication to perfecting your art.

Do you know who Dominic Cruz is?
Hes a famous fighter for UFC/WEC and champion.
If he beat Dominic Cruz regardless if he claimed he was Ninja or not. UFC would definitely recognize that.

You don't have to be a fake Ninja or be a fraud to win in this world. Just be honest and display your skills. By being a fraud you only set yourself up for failure, and NO ONE taking you seriously.
It will only hurt you in the future, and your reputation.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused... Ronin,

Are you Calling your thingie Black Dragon Ninjitsu, or Does the Black Dragon Ninjitsu group train out of that location?

I'm just trying to figure out if its Ashida Kims group, or if you are just copying his name.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian, to answer your question I need something to market to promoters when I fight so since I'm not a former pro wrestler from the WWE that is famous already why not be a Ninjutsu practitioner

Amen Brother! I'm gonna promote myself as a "Hockey Brawler" when I go fight.

And before you ask, No, I've never played Hockey, but MMA doesn't have any of them... doin' that there style, eh? Now pass me a Molson, hosers.

OP
R

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused... Ronin,

Are you Calling your thingie Black Dragon Ninjitsu, or Does the Black Dragon Ninjitsu group train out of that location?

I'm just trying to figure out if its Ashida Kims group, or if you are just copying his name.

Ron Collins is affiliated with Ashida Kim and I use the name of his style which he holds rank in and the style of Ninjitsu we are going to be studying out of the location and yes Ashida Kim knows about me doing what I am doing.

OP
R

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Amen Brother! I'm gonna promote myself as a "Hockey Brawler" when I go fight.

And before you ask, No, I've never played Hockey, but MMA doesn't have any of them... doin' that there style, eh? Now pass me a Molson, hosers.

Go on ahead and do it more power to you plus good luck in competition (that is if you are really trying to be a MMA fighter)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ron Collins is affiliated with Ashida Kim and I use the name of his style which he holds rank in and the style of Ninjitsu we are going to be studying out of the location and yes Ashida Kim knows about me doing what I am doing.

Thanks, just lookin for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions