Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
OUlobo,

I attempted to post a response to your question, "what is Anglico"...somehow it didn't make it on. I'll blame it on the Geomagnetic storm. Yeah...that's it. The storm is to blame.

ANGLICO is an acronym for Air/Naval Gunfire Liasion Company. They had disbanded, I guess...but then one of my black belts, another former Jarhead, says they reformed for the last war.

Don't really need to tell anyone what ANGLICO does...the name pretty much explains it.

Regards,

Steve Scott

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by hardheadjarhead
OUlobo,

I attempted to post a response to your question, "what is Anglico"...somehow it didn't make it on. I'll blame it on the Geomagnetic storm. Yeah...that's it. The storm is to blame.

ANGLICO is an acronym for Air/Naval Gunfire Liasion Company. They had disbanded, I guess...but then one of my black belts, another former Jarhead, says they reformed for the last war.

Don't really need to tell anyone what ANGLICO does...the name pretty much explains it.

Regards,

Steve Scott

Thanks I appreciate the input.

T

TonyM.

Someone over at kung fu magazine's forum says they teach kung fu to the special forces and rangers. Perhaps they have students that attend classes off duty but it's doughtfull SF or the 2nd battalion brings in civillians for HtH. At least the rangers didn't in '74,'75 and 76'. Me thinks someone is selling wolf tickets.

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
No doubt someone is inflating their self image. Outside of Bragg in Fayetteville, NC are quite a few dojos and anonymous garages that host all sorts of people. Many of them that come to spar and train are assigned to SOCOM but, that's never the point. People are there to train no more and no less. Don't bring your resume, bring your sweats and be ready to train...

It's also highly unlikely that a civ would be brought in to train a Ranger unit at the battalion level considering the fact that the companies within the bats are scattered to the four winds. Also, the most recent version of the Army FM on combatives was primarily a Ranger product with a big focus on BJJ.

Oh well, next week some one will have trained Seal Team 12 (and before anyone says something yes, I know there is no Seal Team 12 I am being sarcastic), after they were hired by the top Navy Seal Rear Admiral Haywood Zhablomee to train them for a secret mission so covert it will never be admitted to.

The various special operations communities though have gone to great lengths to identify these individuals and those like them. I know of two web sites (one run by Rangers the other by SEALs) that identify by name, location, and photo (if available) people who claim association with these organizations falsely.

and the beat goes on....

andy

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some of the black belts in my school roleplay as "bad guys" for a SWAT school they run here in Bloomington periodically. We get to pull aluminum trainers on them and fight them...with control. Its so much fun I can't begin to tell you.

One of my black belts blurted out the other day, "We train the cops!" I corrected her. We don't train them. The cops train the cops...we role play, and thus they get good training. We don't teach them a thing. We're instruments in their training.

I was in a Reserve Force Recon Unit in Hawaii...but I never claim to be Force Recon. It was part of the 270 delay program back in 1974-75 that allowed me to train with a reserve unit BEFORE Boot Camp. Hell, I wasn't even a Marine, officially. I don't even think I got paid...I can't remember.

I went to Jump School at Benning thanks to being in that unit...pulled some strings and got a slot after Boot Camp...but I don't say I'm Airborne. I got my lead wings, and got to jump on Uncle Sam's nickle. It was fun...but it was only five jumps.

I served in an Intel billet in the Marines...but I wasn't really an Intelligence Officer. Didn't have the MOS, inspite of the posting. Most of my work in that job was as a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Control Officer, DAACO, which I hated. I referred troops to counseling and treatment. Whee.

But if I was so inclined, I could say that I was an Airborne Force Recon vet who was later doing special assignments in Intel that I'd rather not talk about (knowing wink), but it had something to do with drug interdiction, but now I train SWAT people special close combat tactics.

Would that set women's hearts a-flutter? Please, tell me. If it doesn't, I'll pose as a plastic surgeon.

Regards,

Steve Scott

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
Steve,
Why not combine the two? Tell women of your younger spec ops days and then explain that you had to have plastic surgery to change your appearance in order to hide from the government because you "knew too much." This would also allow you stay at their place for a couple of days and then easily disappear because you had been "discovered". Hey is anybody writing this down....?:D

andy

J

jdmills

When I started law school, I became friends with a guy who was actually still active duty Army (I think the Army was sending him to school to become a JAG officer). I asked him what he did in the Army and he said that he was a medic. I was out running with him one day and noticed that tattoo on his arm, partially uncovered by the t-shirt. The tattoo was orange and black and said "RANGER". He was a medic in the Rangers but did not feel it necessary to tell me that.

Generally, guys that do it don't feel the need to tell everyone about it.

NYCRonin

Purple Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I work with a guy in his 40's who has a fairly large, black tattoo on his forearm.
It says 'Nam - I spent my time in hell'.
Whenever the few Vietnam Vets asked kim about it - he sorta hemed and hawed saying something like "Bro, you know how it was. I never talk about it'. Then excuses himself, looking disturbed; and walks away.

He got away with it for awhile - until one of the real Vet's managed to look in to his personel file.

He has never served in the military, at all.
Probaly never got closer than boy scouts.

When called to task about it he claimed to have been a member of a unit "MAC-SOG".
So secret, the records are not made public. Bull!
The real vets, past and present dont even talk to him anymore.
Still, I bet he fools more than a few naieve at the bar.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reading this thread has been verry enjoyable.
==============

I have seen to many of the Martial Arts ans SF fakes in my time.
-----------

I was once accused of being a wannabe spook/spec opps just for saying i served with and knew people who where. Sorry folks I never made any claims like that I only say I know others who put there lives on the line in that respect . THEY do not talk about it unless they know you verry well or are completly drunk. They are never the one to start conversations about there exploits and most of the time downplay any knowledge they may have.
===========================
I worked (years ago with a young man who claimed some fantastic military achivments only trouble was he was 19 and the events he claimed to have taken part in would have happened when he was 10. My friend who had gone to jump school would ask stupid aounding questions of the guy just to hear stupider answeres from someone who had no idea how many jump towers there where at the school. Oh, almost forgot, He also had his dragon tiger rank from his Ninja master and was getting ready to be promoted to lesser master or some such thing

R

Reprobate

A friend of mine was once accosted by a flake who told him he taught jiu-jitsu to police officers. Whereupon my friend replied that his job was way tougher - he taught aikido to children. The flake took umbrage, until my friend grinned and said, 'Ever tried to get forty children throwing each other without anyone getting hurt?'

Flakes are everywhere. If they boast about their feats, let them. So does the village idiot. Just watch out if they go corporate...

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Love this thread ;)

April 13th, 2001 --

What follows is a letter written by Peter Crocoll in concerns to John Lisco (Or Jaon, another name that he goes by, claiming to be a twin).

-----------------------------------

To whom it may concern:

A martial arts instructor from Estrella Mountain Community College brought to my attention some safety and fraud concerns with a Mr. John Lisco, who is teaching Bujinkan Ninpo to young people in the Avondale community at Loma Linda Park behind St. Johns Catholic Church on Tuesday & Thursday at 1:30pm and Saturday at noon.

My name is Peter Crocoll. I am a Shidoshi and certifed teacher of the Bujinkan under Grandmaster Soke Hatsumi from Noda-shi, Japan. I have been training in the art for 19 years and go to Japan twice a year to see my teacher. I am the senior teacher of this martial art in the valley.

After some investigation into the EMCC instructors concerns, I discovered unsafe training practices and faudulent claims being made by Mr. Lisco. He is falsely representing the International Bujinkan by:

1. Unauthorized use of Dr. Hatsumi's name.
2. Unauthorized use of the Intenational Bujinkan symbol and guidlines for membership.
3. Unauthorized use of Arizona Bujinkan art work.
4. Claiming to be a black belt rank - he is not.
5. Claiming to be a licensed instructor of the International Bujinkan.
6. Claiming to be able to rank his students through Japan.

I have confronted Mr. Lisco to cease and desist these un-authorized practices. I am informing you of this issue because young people in your community could be harmed by his dangerous practices. This martial art does not teach nor train in the manner that Mr. Lisco is teaching. He is not a member in good standing of the International Bujinkan and in no way represents this martial art.

It is not acceptable for me to let this situation go un-attended. I am doing my part by confronting Mr. Lisco, contacting appropriate people in the International Bujinkan organization and contacting the community.

Neither I, my organization, Arizona Bujinkan Ninpo & Budokai, nor the International Bujinkan assume any type of responsibility or liability for Mr. Lisco's actions or behavior.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Peter Crocoll

------------------------

Mr. Lisco, beyond claiming to be a certified, "Shihan-Shidoshi" in the Bujinkan and personal student of Hatsumi Sensei, also claims to be an ex-Army ranger - no information to be found to validate any of these claims. What he does teach is dangerous, and not in any way, shape or form related to actual Bujinkan teaching. Mr. Lisco is *not* a certified teacher in the organization.

About a year and a half ago, Mr. Lisco trained with the Arizona Ninpo & Budokai Dojo for some time, but left and ceased training with us before his first promotion. He came and left as a white-belt. If you know of someone that has been training with Mr. Lisco, please have them read this post, or email me personally at (no longer valid) for more information if need be.

Thanks for your time,

Jay Bell

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andy wrote:

"Steve,
Why not combine the two? Tell women of your younger spec ops days and then explain that you had to have plastic surgery to change your appearance in order to hide from the government because you "knew too much." This would also allow you stay at their place for a couple of days and then easily disappear because you had been "discovered". Hey is anybody writing this down....? "

Sounds like a good trick.

I'm going to go see my orthopedic surgeon on Nov. 5th about a bad elbow. Maybe I'll just get a couple of dozen business cards and pretend I'm him.

But then I'd have to explain why I'm driving a Ford Focus..."Its the one I got my kid for his sixteenth birthday...I let him borrow the Lexus for the weekend...Prom night you know. My ex wouldn't let him have the Suburban. One of the reasons we split...wasn't generous...blah, blah."

Dang. I could be good at this.

Regards,

Steve Scott

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know how well this applies to the thread, but I qlways thought it was funny.

Not long ago I found out about a new school forming up on the boonies side of my town and figured I'd check it out. I had already met the instructor and he's a really nice, guy so I went to to the school to go introduce myself to and meet his students. The day I showed up I walked in and was greeted by the instructor, and as I wasn't dressed to train decided to just watch until the end of class and then get to know everyone.

I stood in the lobby until the end of class and just watched. At the end of the class one of the guys came over and introduced himself and asked in which branch I had served. I told him I was never in the service. He gave me a side ways glace and just said "oh". About ten minutes later he came back up to me and asked, "What branch did you say you served in again?". I said I didn't and again he walked away.

I didn't think much about it and just had a good time meeting everyone. About two weeks later, I came back to train and went out to eat with everyone lafterwards. When I was talking to the instructor at dinner he told me that the guy I talked to had convinced everyone that because I stood like a military man and had a very squared away appearance that I was a recently discharged vet that had just got off some kind of "spook unit" and I was well versed in the arts because it was part of my training and a common hobby of "my type". He even convinced them that I told him I wasn't in the services because I probably couldn't talk about the things I had done. It took me another two weeks to convince him I was just a regular guy.

Just goes to show that some people are so ready to believe that they will even make it up on their own.

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting story. People buy into myths...and create them...sometimes at the drop of a hat. I wonder if this guy believes the Illuminati were responsible for the death of Kennedy, that crop circles are traffic directions for space invaders, and that Bigfoot exists.

I wonder if the dynamic is similar. Maybe the liars and believers have similar brain functions. Myth construction...the desire for others to believe the outlandish...myth believing...the desire to believe the outlandish. Maybe its all borderline schizophrenia.

Regards,

Steve Scott

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I've always said that I'm not schitzophrenic . . . and neither am I.

:D

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, OUlobo, but are you a PARANOID? Are they out to get you?

The voices in my head say they're out to get ME.

I'd band together with you, but I don't trust you. You probably are posing as someone like me so to earn my trust. I bet you work for the government and are trying to get close to me so that you can take over my mind and use me as a slave.

But you won't. None of you will! I'M WISE TO YOUR MACHINATIONS!!!!!

The meds...the meds...they're nothing more than mind control pills. The doctor is in on it too.

<snapping sound of one going Postal...>

Regards,

Steve Scott

J

jdmills

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they are not out to get you!

:D

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Getting back to the military vets issue, I met a guy who was dating my fiance's best friend who was a Marine. He said that he was originally a infantry machine gunner and then he became a member of something called a FAST company. He said they were like the Marine version of SWAT and that the last thing he did was become an instructor for the teams. He said that he had seen some interesting things and had been places like the middle east and eastern Europe. He said he could talk about it a little, but that the gov. has a tendancy to classify things for really lame reasons. The one thing that I remember him talking about was getting flown to Alaska to guard a Navy sub that had some trouble and was temporarily stranded. I hadn't heard of FAST companies and didn't know what to think. I did some cursory research and found that there were such things as FAST companies that were pretty much what he described.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shao-lin Center for the Martial Arts
4383 Anasazi Lane
Sierra Vista, AZ 85650
Sifu Scott Merk

Say it with me folks....F-A-K-E.

Some background --

Scott used to teach IKCA Kenpo in Sierra Vista, Arizona. After leaving his school from a personal issue, I learned that he was teaching as a blackbelt, but had never passed the black belt test.

Months later, he bellied up on his facility and ended up teaching out of another place, sub-letted by the owner. I walked in one night browsing around (they sold rattan) and saw Scott teaching his students Shinai work...(WTH!?)

Fast forward to 2000. I was teaching Bujinkan Taijutsu in Sierra Vista to a small bunch and a fellow showed up to watch. He liked what he saw but was unsure about studying "Chuan Fa" and Bujinkan at the same time. I asked him who he studied Chuan Fa from, his reply was, "Scott Merk".

After getting up off of the ground from seizing up with laughter, he and I got to talking...and realized that Scott was now claiming to teach Chuan Fa. This fellow went on about Scott's training...which I picked apart and shed some of the reality light his way. Glory stories of training in China and whatnot. Pretty bad things, but Scott was always a charismatic sort...and quite believable.

Another student of mine (and very close friend, now roomate) was working with Scott at a call center at the time. Scott would wear his "Chinese Waiter" uniform to work quite often :rolleyes: He would also boast about needing to head back to China to make amends with his Master. *ahem* My buddy's reply to this was, "But Scott...going back to China gives the impression that you've actually been there!"

One day when our Buj-bunch were stretching, getting ready for training in the park, we saw Scooter teaching his sole student. We watching him fall down 3 times in 30 seconds attempting to demonstrate kicking. It was truly a site to behold. His black and red sash was pretty also.

Eventually, everyone in the small little town pretty much caught on to his nonsense and the last I had heard, he had moved up to Tucson. I'm not sure if he has set up shop or not...

If anyone here has run into Scott and knows of him teaching in Tucson, please approach him and very loudly profess, "Jay told me what a big goof you are." I'm sure he'd love hearing from me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions