Liars in the Martial Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phil put the Hikuta Forum link...I got these web sites off of it.

http://hikutacombatsystems.com/

http://www.cutting-edge-combat.com/main.html

On the forum there was this post...which I think is someone having fun with this whole thing...this has to be tongue in cheek:

"hikuta is by far the most devistating of the arts out there on the free market. It is purely instinctive therefore one can learn the physical parts of it in 20 minutes. I've taken out 2 groups of nine men in less than 5 seconds per group with the utilization of hikuta. One good solid hit with the loose hand and your opponent will not get back off the ground. I was totally surprised and shocked at this in my first fight. the thing is that hikuta is so deadly you CAN NOT use it to spar with. this is not a sport fighting thing we are useing here it is pure deadly combat. DOK LEE was a wonderful man for teaching the world this secret ancient art that would have gone on missing for centries more if he had not spoken out and sold that video back in 1993. KUTA is the name for the art taught to the warriors school who protected the pharohes. Kuta basically means school of the fighting fist or way of the fist. all martial arts (yes, even the orient) can be traced back to ancient Egypt. One can see how the the lingual has followed over the millenneiums as kuta has migrated to kwan do. But the roots of kuta was past down thru the years and was advanced upon and became HIkuta. this art which Dok Lee demenstarates purely shows what one can do if the time and plce came right and you just react and defend your self or a loved one . its at this piont you will find that knowledge does replace fear."

If it isn't tongue in cheek, this has GOT to be the most schizophrenic style ever taught.

Point to consider...it strikes me that most frauds claim to teach legitimate arts. Some teach "their own styles", others teach systems like this...but the majority want to give the impression of fitting into the mainstream.

Anybody disagree with that?

Regards,

Steve Scott

R

rmcrobertson

I thought it was a great site, and beautiful nonsense----unless they've just got a truly unfortunate way of expressing themselves, and the unlikely reality is that they actually know what they're doing.

And I encourage anybody interested to immediately become a student of Hikuta. I mean, if I ever have to get into a fight with a martial artist, I want it to be an incompetent one. Preferably, from an art that claims to be, "easy to learn."

There are a couple of interesting things about this guff, though. One, the extremely silly sites like this ought to be taken as a warning against our own guff, our own silliness. Second, the misunderstanding of other arts serves as a warning about our own misunderstanding. And last, it's interesting that Hikuta claims to go back to Egypt, given the sorts of claims made by some Afrocentrists about the origins of martial arts over the last ten years...

Other'n that though, I loved the tough-guy pictures--and the way that once again, they dragged the SEALS into it, asserted expertise in all sorts of arts, and didn't fail to tell us about their head's (in what discipline, I wonder?) PhD...always good signs of phonies.

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like one of these guys was "outed" here on MartialTalk when he started the thread "can we all just get along". His name is "Hapki-Bujustsu".

He joined an association that recognized his rank (worth clicking around the site for that info-its pretty sad)...his bio and "credentials" are here.

http://www.aamacua.fcpages.com/journal.htm

Note that the "student" writing the bio and credential sheet also writes very much like Hapki-Bujutsu/Young. Same difficulty with spelling, same general style and tone. I suspect they're one person and part of a myth he's attempting to construct.

He's been silent for the past day...I think he was chased off the forum.

Regards,

Steve Scott

H

hapki-bujutsu

this is basicly about sour grapes. I said somthing I had no right to say about tkd. I upset him ALOT. I said a was sorry but it went unaccpeted. I have emailed the moderators on this post. You now have crossed over into slander. You can hate that I teach a modern combat art if you want but to say I am a lier is upsetting to me as a chrsitian and a person. You have the right to feel my art is uneffective because it is old and not new but no right to make this statment. It is sad you are filled with such rage.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note:
Thread moved to Horror Stories forum.

Thread temporarily locked pending moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions