Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
When @gpseymour shaved his beard earlier in the pandemic, I told him I was glad he did it at home, in my presence. Otherwise, I would have decided he was a stranger who had broken into my house and whacked him on the head with the cast iron pan.
I'm getting used to it. I don't think I'll ever shave daily, but having short or no facial hair makes wearing a mask more comfortable.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When @gpseymour shaved his beard earlier in the pandemic, I told him I was glad he did it at home, in my presence. Otherwise, I would have decided he was a stranger who had broken into my house and whacked him on the head with the cast iron pan.

You would have taken pictures, right?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not leaving my house...

Staying away from friends.....

Missing someone's birthday party....

What used to be childhood punishments have become old guys survival tactics.

We should rename the solar system.....Mercury, Venus, WTF, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, UpYours, Neptune and
Pluto.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not leaving my house...

Staying away from friends.....

Missing someone's birthday party....

What used to be childhood punishments have become old guys survival tactics.

We should rename the solar system.....Mercury, Venus, WTF, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, UpYours, Neptune and
View attachment 23043
Hey! You have a problem with Uranus?;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Young(er) looking man right there.:)
Most of my grey is in my beard, so I do look younger without it. I've actually gotten used to seeing my face again (was odd seeing it in my streaming feed and videos for a while). I may go back to my practice (from my 20's) of shaving a few times a year.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
View attachment 23044

Before my shower, and bad lighting. Anything not absolutely stunning about this is due to those two factors.

My wife made me shave my goatee last week...

MakingMeShave.jpg

Now she's having me grow a beard back. I asked, "couldn't I have just filled it in?"

She said "It doesn't work that way."

You can't have women committed just because they're crazy. There wouldn't be enough room.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just got in from cutting hay for the 2nd day. We will for sure break a record for 2nd cut this year, somewhere north of 300 rolls. I am guessing it will take 2 more days to cut everything.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Most of my grey is in my beard, so I do look younger without it. I've actually gotten used to seeing my face again (was odd seeing it in my streaming feed and videos for a while). I may go back to my practice (from my 20's) of shaving a few times a year.
I got used to shaving nearly everyday and now a couple days growth just feels weird. It would be an improvement to hide this mug.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Prior to March, I hadn't shaved regularly since probably 2000.
Only time in my life where I shaved regularly was in the military. I had a beard in the 80s in high school, and I grew a beard pretty much right after I separated from the USAF. Even now, I really only shaved once, and am just keeping the beard very short. Like Buka's goatee up there.

I do shave my head every couple days, though.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hate shaving. Had to shave every day working. Had to shave off my beard when I became a cop, which sucks when you're fighting in the dojo. Used to put a touch of Vaseline on my beard, add some sweat and most punches to the jawline and chin just slide off.

I so enjoy not shaving now! Almost as much as not working. Almost. ;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only time in my life where I shaved regularly was in the military. I had a beard in the 80s in high school, and I grew a beard pretty much right after I separated from the USAF. Even now, I really only shaved once, and am just keeping the beard very short. Like Buka's goatee up there.

I do shave my head every couple days, though.
I couldn’t grow a beard in HS. At 22 I grew it the first time, and it was barely a beard. Hirsute is not a word often used to describe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions