Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yikes.... seems like the 'heavy discussions' and inflammatory responses and so on have ramped up quite a bit here on the forums... think alot of people are on edge a bit at the moment which is understandable..

Threads be lockin'!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yikes.... seems like the 'heavy discussions' and inflammatory responses and so on have ramped up quite a bit here on the forums... think alot of people are on edge a bit at the moment which is understandable..

Threads be lockin'!

I agree, Simon, I think people are on edge all over the place, to various degrees, of course. I imagine it must be like being on house arrest.

Years from now we'll probably look back at this and say, "Man, that really sucked."

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Popping in to let everyone know I am still alive. In week five of a virtual belly dancing intensive - we have it every Saturday for three hours. It's a lot of fun, because the group is from all over the world, and the instructor is a world-famous belly dancer from Portugal. Good times!

Things at work are rotten. Pulmonary and ER cases are up 50%. Our doctors and nurses were excused from the draft to the hot spot areas in Arizona, Texas, and California - but only because we have a high aging and working poor population in the area, and the rural clinics are struggling. I have almost twice as many cases to review than I had this time last month. Everyone be safe. Wear a mask.

There's definitely a big upswing. I haven't looked at numbers, but in a single twelve hour shift last week, I saw 7 COVID positive patients in the ED. Intubated one, admitted that one plus three others, and sent three home. One of whom came back to the ED a couple days later and was admitted. Only one of them threw a temper tantrum when they were told they couldn't come in until they put on a mask.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Big press conference today for our state... biggest number of daily new cases so far, and now masks are mandatory for the whole state when out of the house, and from tonight no guests allowed in our house (that's been tracked as the biggest driver of transmission, family). But it's mainly to keep the regional numbers low, as they're increasing but not overly high (really high in metro areas).

Quite a shock... but expected. So many people are still flouting the rules bigtime... I already started wearing my bandana as a covering at the shops but was not overly comfortable, gotta find some masks..

Hope you're all doing okay

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Big press conference today for our state... biggest number of daily new cases so far, and now masks are mandatory for the whole state when out of the house, and from tonight no guests allowed in our house (that's been tracked as the biggest driver of transmission, family). But it's mainly to keep the regional numbers low, as they're increasing but not overly high (really high in metro areas).

Quite a shock... but expected. So many people are still flouting the rules bigtime... I already started wearing my bandana as a covering at the shops but was not overly comfortable, gotta find some masks..

Hope you're all doing okay
Wearing a mask feels goofy for a few minutes, but very quickly, you forget you even have it on. That is, unless you wear glasses like me, and your glasses fog up if it's not on just right.

Also, brush your teeth often and pop in a mint for good measure. You'll be glad you did. :)

Stay safe and hopefully folks in Australia aren't as stupid as some of the folks in the USA. Anyone flouting the rules now is an idiot and deserves to be treated as a pariah.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wearing a mask feels goofy for a few minutes, but very quickly, you forget you even have it on. That is, unless you wear glasses like me, and your glasses fog up if it's not on just right.

You can fix this by getting a mask that fits tighter along the top edge. You can also buy anti-fog goop that's marketed to SCUBA divers. It works, but I'll admit most divers don't use it except when they're brand new. Baby shampoo or spit works just as well. Just rub it in vigorously, then rinse it off.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Also, brush your teeth often and pop in a mint for good measure. You'll be glad you did. :)

Stay safe and hopefully folks in Australia aren't as stupid as some of the folks in the USA. Anyone flouting the rules now is an idiot and deserves to be treated as a pariah.
I used to work out with a mask on, to constrict my breathing. Stopped doing it because of weird looks. No more weird looks!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You can fix this by getting a mask that fits tighter along the top edge. You can also buy anti-fog goop that's marketed to SCUBA divers. It works, but I'll admit most divers don't use it except when they're brand new. Baby shampoo or spit works just as well. Just rub it in vigorously, then rinse it off.
Good tips. I have found if I use a mask with the metal at the nose, and put the mask a tiny bit under my glasses, it works pretty well. My wife was an optician and works for a major eye wear company, and would have a fit if she saw me spit on my glasses.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So my wife realized something now that I'm not working. She thought my face had changed after college-in reality she just noticed the lack of beard. Now that I'm not working, I'm slowly building the beard up again, and she noticed I still look the same as I used to.

I didn't even know there was a difference.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So my wife realized something now that I'm not working. She thought my face had changed after college-in reality she just noticed the lack of beard. Now that I'm not working, I'm slowly building the beard up again, and she noticed I still look the same as I used to.

I didn't even know there was a difference.
I actually shaved my beard completely so I could wear a mask. It was about, I don't know... 8 inches long. Long enough to braid, if I wanted to. But now it's gone. I have a little stubble now, but it's pretty short.

lenatoi

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mask + martial arts sucks hard ;)
Anywho, I haven't posted since 2014. I figured this would be a good thread to pop in.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I actually shaved my beard completely so I could wear a mask. It was about, I don't know... 8 inches long. Long enough to braid, if I wanted to. But now it's gone. I have a little stubble now, but it's pretty short.
Oh wow... massive change... your beard was at like viking level! In a complimentary way XD, just the beard!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh wow... massive change... your beard was at like viking level! In a complimentary way XD, just the beard!
Yeah, getting quite a bit of grey in my beard now, so shaving it took a lot of years off my face. The down side is that people have to look at my face now. :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, getting quite a bit of grey in my beard now, so shaving it took a lot of years off my face. The down side is that people have to look at my face now. :D
good that masks are mandatory, right!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having seen what your beard looks like..I agree with simon! Can't imagine that face clean-shaven (or close).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions