Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Homeschooled.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That answers some things.
Are you this passive aggressive in real life?
Everything but the 50 second mark was freaking awesome.
I disagree. As a veteran, I have no problem at all with it. Folks who are worked up about it either don’t understand it or will believe anything they hear on Fox News, breitbart, or OANN. Mock outrage and political correctness by the tender, easily offended snowflakes.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you this passive aggressive in real life?

I disagree. As a veteran, I have no problem at all with it. Folks who are worked up about it either don’t understand it or will believe anything they hear on Fox News, breitbart, or OANN. Mock outrage and political correctness by the tender, easily offended snowflakes.
I am consistent it that is what you are asking.

Thank you for your service. You are entitled to your opinion under whatever support mechanism you choose. I am entitled to mine.
I have never heard of breitbart, or OANN so apparently you are the one looking for news mediums to skew your opinion.
I doubt it was purely his original motive but Kaepernick's kneeling has made him millions and done little to none for 'the cause'. Probably a negative overall.
Here you go again but where the heck you get "Mock outrage and political correctness by the tender, easily offended snowflakes" is beyond imagination. But run with it if it makes you feel good.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I am consistent it that is what you are asking.

Thank you for your service. You are entitled to your opinion under whatever support mechanism you choose. I am entitled to mine.
I have never heard of breitbart, or OANN so apparently you are the one looking for news mediums to skew your opinion.
I doubt it was purely his original motive but Kaepernick's kneeling has made him millions and done little to none for 'the cause'. Probably a negative overall.
Here you go again but where the heck you get "Mock outrage and political correctness by the tender, easily offended snowflakes" is beyond imagination. But run with it if it makes you feel good.
okay. So it's just Fox news then. Good to know.

Regarding Keapernick, are you forgetting he was a top tier starting QB already making millions? And regardless of one's opinion on the subject, a lot of folks are now kneeling to protest police violence and a lot more folks are talking about it. Without question, he was very successful. That's objective fact, not opinion.

For what it's worth, if you aren't in the military or a veteran, you should keep your opinions about what is insulting to military and veterans to yourself. You haven't earned the right to voice an opinion. In my opinion.

Have a nice day.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
okay. So it's just Fox news then. Good to know.

Regarding Keapernick, are you forgetting he was a top tier starting QB already making millions? And regardless of one's opinion on the subject, a lot of folks are now kneeling to protest police violence and a lot more folks are talking about it. Without question, he was very successful. That's objective fact, not opinion.

For what it's worth, if you aren't in the military or a veteran, you should keep your opinions about what is insulting to military and veterans to yourself. You haven't earned the right to voice an opinion. In my opinion.

Have a nice day.
You think Kaepernick was a top tier quarterback? That is hilarious. The league average QBR is 88.6 and he had a QBR of 88.7 so very average. Why do you think he is not back in the league? Because he was already a bust and is now totally toxic so understandably no one wants him.
So it is a fact just not the one you referred to.

When did I ever insult the military? You have an astonishing ability of making up things.
I have every right to voice my opinion. Remember, it is a free country.
Again, thank you for your service.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You think Kaepernick was a top tier quarterback? That is hilarious. The league average QBR is 88.6 and he had a QBR of 88.7 so very average. Why do you think he is not back in the league? Because he was already a bust and is now totally toxic so understandably no one wants him.
So it is a fact just not the one you referred to.

When did I ever insult the military? You have an astonishing ability of making up things.
I have every right to voice my opinion. Remember, it is a free country.
Again, thank you for your service.
Your opinions about what is disrespectful to veterans are like my opinion about what is disrespectful to xtians. I mean, I could say that eating pizza is insulting to xtians, but it may not be true. And true or not, since I'm not an xtian, what kind of arrogance would make me think my opinion on what is and isn't disrespectful to xtians matters?

I didn't say you insulted the military.

Kaepernick was making millions. That's the salient point. ("Salient" means key point, important, relevant.)

And lastly, to be honest, you support folks who are systematically dismantling the country I enlisted to protect in a regime that is cozy with autocrats and dictators and have yet to denounce bounties paid for the lives of our soldiers So, please save your pandering for others. I find it completely unconvincing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Poor Colin Kaepernick, all that skill and nobody wanted him.

TooMuchBaggage.jpg

Just too much baggage, too much of a distraction for an NFL team trying to win football games.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think he’s doing okay now.
You do have rather bizarre opinions. If money is what you measure everything by I feel even worse for you than I did before. From what you say here I could see you and Kaepernick being all chummy.
Oh and you said:
"And lastly, to be honest, you support folks who are systematically dismantling the country I enlisted to protect in a regime that is cozy with autocrats and dictators and have yet to denounce bounties paid for the lives of our soldiers"...
I never said I support any 'folks', you did so once again you are making up you own pipe dreams so keep smoking; it is great for laughs. It is sad to hear how jaded a person can become though.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Big announcement today... our state of Victoria has upgraded from state of emergency to a state of disaster... the state capital is going into Stage 4 lockdown and us regional areas are going back to Stage 3 again....

Scary times... but we've done it before so we'll get through this... still really concerning. The capital metro area has a full curfew from 8pm-5am as well as many other restrictions so I feel for them..

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Big announcement today... our state of Victoria has upgraded from state of emergency to a state of disaster... the state capital is going into Stage 4 lockdown and us regional areas are going back to Stage 3 again....

Scary times... but we've done it before so we'll get through this... still really concerning. The capital metro area has a full curfew from 8pm-5am as well as many other restrictions so I feel for them..
Stay safe Simon. I pray all is well.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, I

Wear a mask, wash your hands, and stay safe!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's definitely a big upswing. I haven't looked at numbers, but in a single twelve hour shift last week, I saw 7 COVID positive patients in the ED. Intubated one, admitted that one plus three others, and sent three home. One of whom came back to the ED a couple days later and was admitted. Only one of them threw a temper tantrum when they were told they couldn't come in until they put on a mask.
Ugh..... That is rough. I can't think of anyone in health care right now - med or non-med - why is not getting their butt kicked by the pandemic. You be safe.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Having seen what your beard looks like..I agree with simon! Can't imagine that face clean-shaven (or close).
When @gpseymour shaved his beard earlier in the pandemic, I told him I was glad he did it at home, in my presence. Otherwise, I would have decided he was a stranger who had broken into my house and whacked him on the head with the cast iron pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions