Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No longer Wednesday
My house is about to blow away, it feels.
The far reaches of Zeta are making it mighty blustery!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Joke told by my 12 year old today:

Her: What do you call a woman who flies planes?
Me: I don't know. What?
Her: A pilot, you sexist pig.

She got me.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Mole Day!

Apparently, according to my daughter, a mole is a chemistry term and the day is to get people excited about chemistry. She said that 6.02x10^23 is Avogadro's number, or 1 mole's worth of molecules/atoms, and it's Mole Day because of the 10^23.

She also couldn't dumb down the explanation of what Avogadro's number is, or what a mole is, so that I can understand it. So... yay chemistry!
That IS about as dumbed down as you can get that one.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, got out on the other end alright.
we have no power as there are about 3 poles snapped on my street, and transformers blown.
So I am sucking the battery life of my Chromebook, got the router on an inverter. About shredded my shoulder trying to get the generator to run (didn't)
Put up 2 solar panels today. looking to put another one up tomorrow.
No power til at least Monday. The poles are a 2 day job....and they have not even come to cut the trees down that are resting on the lines! My Mail lady is a trooper though. the stuff that scares me she shrugged off. "Yesterday was adventure driving! Today it's harmless!"
She saw all the power trucks go to the neighboring town, as they were about to lose their water. due to the power outage. So far so good: I got hot water. And it's not cold.
And I found a bunch of candles and my oil lamps!

I Hear that even the Carolinas got hit with power outages....which is a LONG way from here.
@AngryHobbit How is it going?!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Saturday: training this morning, walk along the beach whilst pondering the strange and vexing meaning of life, and this classic [emoji1739]

(No apologies, love the Karate Kid series [emoji1787])
ef710466cb0805b2c143c83dfa53b1fb.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I am off to transport 124 head of cattle this morning. from one farm to another. We are a person short so this could get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions