Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When I was a kid I asked my dad how he and mom met. He said, "It was a real Romeo and Juliet experience, son. Your mother was a waitress and I was a bartender, and if it wasn't for a bottle of Jameson, you wouldn't be here."

I think he almost named me Jameson.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just a reminder.....

Lomachenko vs Lopez on ESPN tonight, for free. Going to be a very interesting fight.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tell him what he won Johnny....

A NEW CAR!!!!!!
price-is-right-car-prize.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Mandalorian Season 2 is starting pretty soon. Really looking forward to Witcher Season 2, though.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone know that 'racecar' backwards is...... racecar?!?!?

That one knocked me out!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep reading thread OPs/titles, and hop on planning to post, and then see it's devolved into one of 3 arguments that everything's been devolving to here for the last few months. Or I'll go into a thread that I see has new posts, go into it to see that the new posts are all the same arguments as well, just over multiple posts. I reached the point today where if I see a post is multiple pages in, I'll guess which argument it's going down and not bother opening it up.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I keep reading thread OPs/titles, and hop on planning to post, and then see it's devolved into one of 3 arguments that everything's been devolving to here for the last few months. Or I'll go into a thread that I see has new posts, go into it to see that the new posts are all the same arguments as well, just over multiple posts. I reached the point today where if I see a post is multiple pages in, I'll guess which argument it's going down and not bother opening it up.
Yeah I know what you mean... especially threads that really explode rapidly with new posts, you KNOW it's just gonna be one of those old back and forth arguments on those same topics.

I don't know there's much to do about that... even if one side is actually pretty spot on, but the other refuses to open up to a different paradigm that is different from what they rigidly believe. Tricky one! Text is also very hard to read without tone, body language, demonstration etc

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
August 4th... our state was rapidly climbing with new cases, hundreds and hundreds of new ones each day (just in our state), and reached a peak of 725 new covid cases in one day...

Now, over the last 4 days we've had: 1, 2, 4, and 1 new case/s (well, known cases). Yay us! We've really banded today, and the strategy is working. Much less deaths as active cases recover too.

We've started opening up much more (very very gradually, much to many peoples' dismay, but I totally support slow and gradual), but the challenge will be in keeping the numbers low until a vaccine comes...

OR until we develop a new martial art that'll kick covid's #$%.

Really hoping you're all safe and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions