Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
2020 is truly an upside down year. I just saw a cat chasing a dog. Someone was eating a piece of bread with two hamburger patties on the outside.

dogs-and-cats-living-together-mass-hysteria.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, in other sports news, the Seattle NHL team name was announced today. Welcome to the Seattle Kraken, the newest NHL franchise:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
HIGH STICK!!

we used to go see the Takoma Rockets.
I had never heard of the Tacoma Rockets before, and had to look them up. Looks like they were around for a few years when I was in the military and college, so it makes sense.

I'm not a huge hockey fan, though I've enjoyed going to occasional Thunderbirds games since the 80s. They play just down the road from my house now, and we have neighbors who host the high-school aged players who are mostly from Canada, so it's fun to go see them play from time to time.

Will be cool to have a proper NHL team in the area. I think they will be very popular.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Well, in other sports news, the Seattle NHL team name was announced today. Welcome to the Seattle Kraken, the newest NHL franchise:

I’m not a hockey fan. Came from a big hockey town, though. So I’ve spent a lot of time around it.

One of the nicest things about where I live is there is literally NO hockey. Which is fine by me.

But I gotta tell ya, that’s one fine name for a hockey team, right there. I just might have to root for them.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I’m not a hockey fan. Came from a big hockey town, though. So I’ve spent a lot of time around it.

One of the nicest things about where I live is there is literally NO hockey. Which is fine by me.

But I gotta tell ya, that’s one fine name for a hockey team, right there. I just might have to root for them.[/QUOTE]
will they throw giant octopi on the ice?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

But I gotta tell ya, that’s one fine name for a hockey team, right there. I just might have to root for them.
will they throw giant octopi on the ice?[/QUOTE]haha. God I hope not. Not only is that cruel, but it's also pretty nasty.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Popping in to let everyone know I am still alive. In week five of a virtual belly dancing intensive - we have it every Saturday for three hours. It's a lot of fun, because the group is from all over the world, and the instructor is a world-famous belly dancer from Portugal. Good times!

Things at work are rotten. Pulmonary and ER cases are up 50%. Our doctors and nurses were excused from the draft to the hot spot areas in Arizona, Texas, and California - but only because we have a high aging and working poor population in the area, and the rural clinics are struggling. I have almost twice as many cases to review than I had this time last month. Everyone be safe. Wear a mask.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Popping in to let everyone know I am still alive. In week five of a virtual belly dancing intensive - we have it every Saturday for three hours. It's a lot of fun, because the group is from all over the world, and the instructor is a world-famous belly dancer from Portugal. Good times!

Things at work are rotten. Pulmonary and ER cases are up 50%. Our doctors and nurses were excused from the draft to the hot spot areas in Arizona, Texas, and California - but only because we have a high aging and working poor population in the area, and the rural clinics are struggling. I have almost twice as many cases to review than I had this time last month. Everyone be safe. Wear a mask.

Sorry to hear about work etc... please stay safe and make sure to have some real relaxing downtime and decompress the system.

And soooo cool about the online classes... I've also thoroughly enjoyed the karate ones... never thought I'd train with people from South Africa, Germany, the US, Okinawa... such an amazing thing...

Yeah masks aren't compulsory here (they are now in Melbourne), but they now highly recommend them for when you can't maintain social distance, so I'm gonna start wearing it at the shops.

Been feeling alot of anxiety and panic about everything today... just trying to breathe. Might do some training just to get out of my head a bit..

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, this thing is messing with my head.
Thankfully we are as of yet unaffected, but that also makes the situation unreal.
We are wearing masks when out.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I also dislike 2020 so far. Every three years I get to go to a three year martial arts reunion. The last reunion was 2017... three years of waiting... three years of waiting. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that its been cancelled. On one hand I completely understand ,and have accepted the reason why. On the other hand I'm thinking. Three years... waiting for nothing. Great! Fantastic! I wanna get mad ,but anyone that does is instantly selfish and probably evil.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I also dislike 2020 so far. Every three years I get to go to a three year martial arts reunion. The last reunion was 2017... three years of waiting... three years of waiting. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that its been cancelled. On one hand I completely understand ,and have accepted the reason why. On the other hand I'm thinking. Three years... waiting for nothing. Great! Fantastic! I wanna get mad ,but anyone that does is instantly selfish and probably evil.
Just consider how the Olympians feel!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

It's still frustrating and sad for you though... sorry it's been cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions