Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Needed a place to vent, so I am stopping in to do that
Since last week
> My home phone is not working, again, 3 time in a month....repair guy coming today
> My sprinkler system sprung a leak and is crating a sinkhole in my side yard...repair coming Friday
> A large locust tree limb, the size of most trees, fell on my roof. The irony here was it was supposed to be removed months ago, but the pandemic shut everything down so it could not be removed.... working on getting someone here to remove it
Next on 2020 Bingo card - mutated mosquitoes with West Nile virus. Seriously, I hope things get better.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Next on 2020 Bingo card - mutated mosquitoes with West Nile virus. Seriously, I hope things get better.

They did get better, tree off roof, sink hole not sinking, phone fixed...but I got sent home from work today...I'm getting a sinus infection, no temperature, have a headache, a slight sore throat....flunks the COVID form...go home...see your MD...and don't come back unless you feel better...but not a 14 day quarantine at this time

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They did get better, tree off roof, sink hole not sinking, phone fixed...but I got sent home from work today...I'm getting a sinus infection, no temperature, have a headache, a slight sore throat....flunks the COVID form...go home...see your MD...and don't come back unless you feel better...but not a 14 day quarantine at this time
well, all in all a likeable update

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't say the sinus infection is a good thing.... but glad other things got fixed.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
it is amazing how some people can't conduct business.

A while ago (several months by now) I contacted somebody about a purchase.
It was the designer of knitting patterns. The concept was nerdy enough, and caught my interest.
(while the base premise and patter was the same, how it turned out for you personally depended on the throw of the dice - a set of gaming dice - so each crafter's project was different)

So I asked about an e-book, containing several related patterns.
For a price I don't shell out for printed books!
and nothing, no reply, no 'thanks for your interest'
I wanted to know how many patters were included for the sum of $35. You know, it matters
are there 3, 5, 7, it changes the average price.

I have since cooled on the pattern.
I think I spend my money on a designer who is happy to help out, and communicate with her customers.

A shame really.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Other than that, how did you like the Play, Mrs Lincoln?

Brother, sending some good vibes your way.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, Jacob and I are bacheloring it this week. Wife went with her mom and sister to relax on the beach in Florida.
Well, hopefully they have a great time and don't run into any folks who don't like to wash their hands or wear masks.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone's been counting... but this thread is over 9000 posts... The end is nearing!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And now....hurt the knee again and it is recovering real slow and I have this stupid dang rash on my arm that likes to keep me awake. Been a wonderful year so far :rolleyes:.

Per Mrs Xue 2020, in the Chinese calendar is the end of or was it the beginning of a cycle. And to the Chinese way of thinking, it is a bad year....so far.... I think they may be right

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And now....hurt the knee again and it is recovering real slow and I have this stupid dang rash on my arm that likes to keep me awake. Been a wonderful year so far :rolleyes:.

Per Mrs Xue 2020, in the Chinese calendar is the end of or was it the beginning of a cycle. And to the Chinese way of thinking, it is a bad year....so far.... I think they may be right
that was supposed to be 2012....

But yeah, it's the end, and hopefully a new beginning, and not just for cockroaches.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
2020 is truly an upside down year. I just saw a cat chasing a dog. Someone was eating a piece of bread with two hamburger patties on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.