Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Test results came back today, negative!

Whew... that's a relief. Only took 3 days. But I'll still isolate until I'm better from whatever this thing is.

That's great news. Hope all is well for you and yours.
My wife and son are on day 12 of waiting for their test results. Neither have had known exposure ("Non exposure" is impossible I feel) but had been feeling a little under the weather (no fever). I am convinced some of it is an intentional lag whereas most people will be over (whatever they had) by the time the results come in. Then, if a positive result comes back a person is stuck at home for another 14 days minimum. Economy Killer much?

It is very hard to separate fact from myth here. It is Very media and politically influenced information. Fear mongering is such an understatement.
Here is an idea of the insanity we are dealing with in the states.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My wife and son are on day 12 of waiting for their test results. Neither have had known exposure ("Non exposure" is impossible I feel) but had been feeling a little under the weather (no fever). I am convinced some of it is an intentional lag whereas most people will be over (whatever they had) by the time the results come in. Then, if a positive result comes back a person is stuck at home for another 14 days minimum. Economy Killer much?

It is very hard to separate fact from myth here. It is Very media and politically influenced information. Fear mongering is such an understatement.

Why am I not surprised? I do agree with you that insanity is involved, and that some folks are very easily manipulated.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
After June being seemingly 10 degrees below average, July seems to want to set records in daily rainfall.
We are having another thunderstorm!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

12 days waiting is absolutely insane! I haven't even heard of that long of a wait since the beginning. Any idea what's taking so long?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After June being seemingly 10 degrees below average, July seems to want to set records in daily rainfall.
We are having another thunderstorm!
We also had a hard rain last night. Rather not have the hard but will definitely take the rain. There was a small chance in the forecast here so I sprayed 600 gallons of 2-4-D Saturday. I finished before noon and it needs 6-8 hours to be rain set so hopefully it will be fine and I will not loose any.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We also had a hard rain last night. Rather not have the hard but will definitely take the rain. There was a small chance in the forecast here so I sprayed 600 gallons of 2-4-D Saturday. I finished before noon and it needs 6-8 hours to be rain set so hopefully it will be fine and I will not loose any.
it seems like it rained every day for the last week, rather 2.
I noticed, because we got the boat in the shop, it's been week 2, and I was thinking, hey, at least it's raining, so we couldn't have been out anyway!

this weather is nuts!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
it seems like it rained every day for the last week, rather 2.
I noticed, because we got the boat in the shop, it's been week 2, and I was thinking, hey, at least it's raining, so we couldn't have been out anyway!

this weather is nuts!
We had been having a bit of a dry spell but nothing like the last few years. All the ponds are full and everything is still very flush. We should be doing the 2nd hay cutting the last week of July or the first week of August.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
The weather is nuts! Like I swear someone is performing rain dances or something! A week ago I'm at the grocery store ,and I got my stuff. I'm walking to my car ,and I get halfway there when all of a sudden a downpour drops like nothin'. I'm wet from the rain before I can even get to my car...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
The weather is nuts! Like I swear someone is performing rain dances or something! A week ago I'm at the grocery store ,and I got my stuff. I'm walking to my car ,and I get halfway there when all of a sudden a downpour drops like nothin'. I'm wet from the rain before I can even get to my car...
Ahhh my bad I've been adding raindancing to my routine in my spare time... butterfly effect is reeeeal... :O

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ahhh my bad I've been adding raindancing to my routine in my spare time... butterfly effect is reeeeal... :O
Australia finally made it to the US news this morning regarding Covid mentioning high number in Melbourne and Sidney.
I pray all is well for you and yours and that much of it is the same over-fed hype we are getting here.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Australia finally made it to the US news this morning regarding Covid mentioning high number in Melbourne and Sidney.
I pray all is well for you and yours and that much of it is the same over-fed hype we are getting here.

Oh really.. yeah I'm only an hour away from Melbourne, and pretty close to which places they've locked down. They're keeping a very close eye on our city as to whether to include us in lockdown...

Thank you very much, yeah it hasn't been good of late.. numbers have really gotten up there relatively speaking. I can't speak on the hype, some reporting channels are a bit silly with their hype and stupid hypothetical questions they ask the government, but we do know it's been serious as we are legitimately having more deaths what seems consistently here from it.

Hoping and praying you are all safe, we're all this together. Cliché I know, but true.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am trying to recalibrate my brain from time to time, not doing anything with enough followthrough as I should.

On the bright side, I finished reading a book I had laying around for months.
And I give the Misadventures of Benjamin Piff 5 stars! :D
Ok, so it's midgrade level reading, but the story is really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.