Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know....the late 70s and early 80s are a long..LONG way away.....and the last time I listened t Elvis Costello was...well..the late 70s and early 80s.....and that is all I have been listening to, and enjoying, most of my work at home day....it started with wanting to hear, waiting for the world to end...and went from there.....all of these and many more at this point

OMG, I love Elvis Costello!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In case you haven't seen this.

That deserves sooo much more than one funny imoji

Chris-Evans-Laughing-GIFs-Pictures.gif

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A buddy of mine back east has been running a great dojo for forty years. I used to teach there every now again since he first opened, always had a ball.

He texted me a little while ago. He's doing "a Zoom black belt class the second and last Thursday of the month." Asked me if I'd like to be a guest instructor now and again.

I have no idea what the hell Zoom is. Is it easy to learn? Think I'd be able to do it?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine back east has been running a great dojo for forty years. I used to teach there every now again since he first opened, always had a ball.

He texted me a little while ago. He's doing "a Zoom black belt class the second and last Thursday of the month." Asked me if I'd like to be a guest instructor now and again.

I have no idea what the hell Zoom is. Is it easy to learn? Think I'd be able to do it?
Do you know how to use a webcam with your computer? If you do, you're more than halfway there, already.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do you know how to use a webcam with your computer? If you do, you're more than halfway there, already.

Is that the little camera on the top of my open laptop that I have covered with a piece of tape on the advise of others?

If so, nope.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So Sue and I have been at home a while. We developed fever/cough/body aches/fatigue at work last week.
COVID-19 swabs came back negative, so we're back to work next week. I'm due for chemo this Wednesday, so the timing works.
Part of me wishes the swabs had been positive. That would mean we'd gotten off easy, with mild cases. And we'd be going back to work with either a short term immunity or at least resistance.
Oh well.

Ah that's no good you're both unwell... hope you're both feeling better soon.

My partner's brother has been really unwell of late, shortness of breath, fever etc, and is now getting tested :s

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oh awesome! Yeah I'm not sure about the host side of things, but I've been using Zoom to participate in classes and it is SUPER easy to use...

All I needed was a meeting ID number (and password, but it never asked for that), and then the host lets you in.

But that's the student side of things... I think it's pretty straight forward from the host side. You even have the power to mute or unmute all participants hehe! As long as you have a camera/microphone of sorts (built in on my computer) you're pretty good to go :).

I think you'd have a great time!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is that the little camera on the top of my open laptop that I have covered with a piece of tape on the advise of others?

If so, nope.
Some laptops have a cam built in at the top of their screen - it's a teeny little glassed-in opening. That's a web-cam too. I have one of those and a better one that's plugged in via a USB port.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Working from home again today, not feeling well, not to worry, it is a,ll sinus issues. Told them that at work, they told me to stay home...
Allergies are pretty rampant here. And you can't sneeze in public - even though sneezing is generally not one of the COVID symptoms. People immediately look at you as if you have the plague.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Allergies are pretty rampant here. And you can't sneeze in public - even though sneezing is generally not one of the COVID symptoms. People immediately look at you as if you have the plague.

Yup, have both sneezed and coughed in public.....covered my mouth of course.....people tend to give you more space after that

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have plates over the top and bottom of my left eye that screws with my sinuses all the time. My wife says my nose is like a healthy dog; always cold and wet so I am constantly wiping/blowing my nose. I have certainly gotten some hard looks lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions