Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A buddy of mine back east has been running a great dojo for forty years. I used to teach there every now again since he first opened, always had a ball.

He texted me a little while ago. He's doing "a Zoom black belt class the second and last Thursday of the month." Asked me if I'd like to be a guest instructor now and again.

I have no idea what the hell Zoom is. Is it easy to learn? Think I'd be able to do it?
Like with that webcam thing, you get a 12 yo to set it up, and you are in business!
you can do it like that 90s workout show guy and set up on the beach somewhere....

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm ready for work.
114285334-plague-doctor-costume-isolated.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So, someone goes into the ER with pneumonia in both lungs, and the initial test for Covid19 comes back negative, but the second comes back positive. If that person's spouse goes into the ER and is diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs, and the initial test for Covid19 comes back negative... would you send that person home? Just doesn't compute.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, someone goes into the ER with pneumonia in both lungs, and the initial test for Covid19 comes back negative, but the second comes back positive. If that person's spouse goes into the ER and is diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs, and the initial test for Covid19 comes back negative... would you send that person home? Just doesn't compute.

Maybe. The admit/DC decision is not based on the results of the COVID test or the X-ray. If you're not hyoxic, or showing other signs of respiratory distress (tripoding, accessory muscle use, etc) you're probably going home. Even if the COVID comes back positive.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
did a couple of hours of yard work yesterday.
I forgot I had muscles in certain places!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I found a bottle of Crown Royal in the pantry that I forgot about..... but the sad part is, although I rarely drink these days.....I'm actually in the mood for a dark beer....and I have none...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm confused....Mrs Xue went to bed already.....it's only 9:00......not sure what to do.......Makes no sense to go to the basement to sneak a nap if she is not going to wander into the family room and tell me to go to bed if she finds me sleeping......makes not sense to sneak in an snack........ I could eat what I want and .I could actually take and nap in the recliner.....but where's the fun in that....

Might as well just go to bed......goodnight MT

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giving another shot at creating a gaming server on Linux. My Linux is awfully rusty (and was never very strong), so this should be fun. I've decided it's best to attempt with a couple of glasses of whiskey. I like Linux better tonight, for some reason....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hell of a day at work yesterday and today. I think the substance use/ mental health backlash from self isolation I'd been predicting has finally hit.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was 'released' from the infection disease doctor yesterday. The whole ordeal has been surreal. I was on the IV antibodies for a month with no issues and then I suddenly got the major rash. Understandably due to the virus, per request I sent photos and spoke to the doctor over the phone last Friday when I broke out. He essentially said nothing and said to just ride it out.
Mind you, this is the same doctor who had been seeing me for a month, even the week when I was in the hospital. When I saw him today it was like he had never met me before. I had to rehash the whole sequence of events and I showed him the photos on my phone which he claimed he never received said I should have been put on medicine for it. Thanks doc, a little late. Was implying that my breakout was caused be 'my other medications'. When I asked him if he was not already aware of my meds he literally threw his hands up in the air and said 'well I can't do everything'! I told him we were done and needed a release to move forward with my knees. He said no infectious disease doctor would give a release. I again told him we were done and he signed the release. These are strange times.

Last Wednesday we shut down production on the face mask line because to supplier said they cannot take any more due to demand. We moved things around and are now making media on both lines. Busy year all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions