Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Sue and I have been at home a while. We developed fever/cough/body aches/fatigue at work last week.
COVID-19 swabs came back negative, so we're back to work next week. I'm due for chemo this Wednesday, so the timing works.
Part of me wishes the swabs had been positive. That would mean we'd gotten off easy, with mild cases. And we'd be going back to work with either a short term immunity or at least resistance.
Oh well.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Sue and I have been at home a while. We developed fever/cough/body aches/fatigue at work last week.
COVID-19 swabs came back negative, so we're back to work next week. I'm due for chemo this Wednesday, so the timing works.
Part of me wishes the swabs had been positive. That would mean we'd gotten off easy, with mild cases. And we'd be going back to work with either a short term immunity or at least resistance.
Oh well.
I’m glad to hear you two aren’t worse, though I can understand it would have been a relief to know you’re past it for the time being.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
@_Simon_ , hey, have a coffee roasting question. You ever run into beans that are almost too small for the Behmor roaster? I picked up some Ethiopian beans, and they are teeny-tiny. Roasted okay, but several got stuck in the mesh of the roasting bin and a bunch even fell out.

Ahh yep, I have experienced that. Some Ethiopians are seriously so small... I don't think any ever fell through the mesh itself but some certainly do get stuck in the mesh the whole time, which doesn't give those beans a decent roast...

So after the roast when I've dumped the beans, those stuck ones I either throw out, or just eat them hehe.

There are a few times when smaller beans have fallen through the little gap at the actual lid/clasp area, so every time I try to make sure it's closed as much as possible so that none can get through.

And even though it just doesn't feel right to haha, I've been told it's no drama even bending the lid a bit to get it more closed off.

It's only every now and then that beans get through, but yeah I would just make sure the lid is properly closed (at the actual opening area). As for beans getting through the mesh that's a tricky one, and I don't think any other drums are available with a finer/smaller mesh... I would just either screen out yourself which green beans are too small, or just dump those beans that escape unfortunately. Hopefully it isn't too many that escape!

Or what some people do and gather up all the fallen out ones and try brew them up anyway separately. Can be pleasantly surprising haha.

Hope that's of some help!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh well.
man....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you have a yardstick?

Turn it sideways - she’s about that tall. :angelic:
source.gif

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh well.
Glad you are ok. Be safe.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Or I can kick him in the knee and then, when he falls down, kick him in the head. I've been practicing my arabesques, so my leg lift range had improved. :p

My mother, who is 5'2" tall always said, and even demonstrated once on my cousin's husband when he irritated her. "I'll punch you in the gut and bring you down to my size". She did punch him in the gut, when he bent over she head locked him... he th apologized for picking on his much younger sister-in-law, and for not listening to my mother when she told him to stop.

I keep my distance from Mrs Xue when we argue, she knows all those nasty (painful) pressure points.

Also a good friend of mine was married to a Japanese woman, who was a black belt in Kendo. He had his living room decorated with all things Japanese, including a real set of Samurai swords... I always told him that those showed that he was either incredibly brave....or he was totally insane.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Part of me wishes the had been positive. That would mean we'd gotten off easy, with mild cases. And we'd be going back to work with either a short term immunity or at least resistance.
Oh well.
Glad to hear you are weathering the COVID-19 storm. I pray all goes well with the chemo. You strike my as a tough old bird so hang in there.

Have you ever heard of an allergic reaction to Vancomycin? I have one hell of a rash over most of my body. They stopped the IV's last Friday (4/10). It started out more like bumps but is now 'spreading' out. The itching has not let up at all and I cannot tell that Benadryl does much of anything. It sure does not seem to be going away.
I read about Red Man Syndrome but it apparently only lasts briefly during/after administering the IV.

Benadryl is the only thing the Doctor suggested. Do you know of anything else that might help?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh well.

Glad you do not have Covid, sorry about the lack of antibodies....ok, thats confusing. I am both sorry and not sorry you don't have COVID.....ok...I'm now confused

But I wish you all the best with the Chemo.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are weathering the COVID-19 storm. I pray all goes well with the chemo. You strike my as a tough old bird so hang in there.

Have you ever heard of an allergic reaction to Vancomycin? I have one hell of a rash over most of my body. They stopped the IV's last Friday (4/10). It started out more like bumps but is now 'spreading' out. The itching has not let up at all and I cannot tell that Benadryl does much of anything. It sure does not seem to be going away.
I read about Red Man Syndrome but it apparently only lasts briefly during/after administering the IV.

Benadryl is the only thing the Doctor suggested. Do you know of anything else that might help?

You do realize that you just called him old.....don't you :D

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Allergies can happen to any drug, so sure. Rashes (especially hives) are the most common. It certainly doesn't sound like Redman syndrome at all. The treatment course is pretty standard for all allergic reactions; an antihistamine (Benadryl), steroids (Solu-Medrol or Decadron in hospital, Prednisone at home), and a dopamine antagonist (Reglan). If it's not improving, see if your Dr will add these. If not, or if this doesn't clear it, a referral to dermatology would likely be in order.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know....the late 70s and early 80s are a long..LONG way away.....and the last time I listened t Elvis Costello was...well..the late 70s and early 80s.....and that is all I have been listening to, and enjoying, most of my work at home day....it started with wanting to hear, waiting for the world to end...and went from there.....all of these and many more at this point

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh well.

That is one tough son of a so and so, right God damn there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions