Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was 'released' from the infection disease doctor yesterday. The whole ordeal has been surreal. I was on the IV antibodies for a month with no issues and then I suddenly got the major rash. Understandably due to the virus, per request I sent photos and spoke to the doctor over the phone last Friday when I broke out. He essentially said nothing and said to just ride it out.
Mind you, this is the same doctor who had been seeing me for a month, even the week when I was in the hospital. When I saw him today it was like he had never met me before. I had to rehash the whole sequence of events and I showed him the photos on my phone which he claimed he never received said I should have been put on medicine for it. Thanks doc, a little late. Was implying that my breakout was caused be 'my other medications'. When I asked him if he was not already aware of my meds he literally threw his hands up in the air and said 'well I can't do everything'! I told him we were done and needed a release to move forward with my knees. He said no infectious disease doctor would give a release. I again told him we were done and he signed the release. These are strange times.

Last Wednesday we shut down production on the face mask line because to supplier said they cannot take any more due to demand. We moved things around and are now making media on both lines. Busy year all things considered.
wait, what?
Ok, doctors suck.
I met a few I wouldn't let operate on my Raggedy Anne doll!
or my pet rock.
You'd hope that confronted with evidence it would spark their memories!
Good job getting out of there! you can actually die from a rash severe enough! It's like a burn from the inside out.

And what is that with the masks? They can't take anymore?
I suppose the production run has not been hijacked by the orange menace....

There is a reason 'May you live in interesting times' is a curse.
And dang, we are CURSED!!!

Glad you are doing alright!
Sorry about the doc thing. It sucks!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have plates over the top and bottom of my left eye that screws with my sinuses all the time. My wife says my nose is like a healthy dog; always cold and wet so I am constantly wiping/blowing my nose. I have certainly gotten some hard looks lately.
OMG, you are a cyborg!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was 'released' from the infection disease doctor yesterday. The whole ordeal has been surreal. I was on the IV antibodies for a month with no issues and then I suddenly got the major rash. Understandably due to the virus, per request I sent photos and spoke to the doctor over the phone last Friday when I broke out. He essentially said nothing and said to just ride it out.
Mind you, this is the same doctor who had been seeing me for a month, even the week when I was in the hospital. When I saw him today it was like he had never met me before. I had to rehash the whole sequence of events and I showed him the photos on my phone which he claimed he never received said I should have been put on medicine for it. Thanks doc, a little late. Was implying that my breakout was caused be 'my other medications'. When I asked him if he was not already aware of my meds he literally threw his hands up in the air and said 'well I can't do everything'! I told him we were done and needed a release to move forward with my knees. He said no infectious disease doctor would give a release. I again told him we were done and he signed the release. These are strange times.

Last Wednesday we shut down production on the face mask line because to supplier said they cannot take any more due to demand. We moved things around and are now making media on both lines. Busy year all things considered.
Ugh... I swear, some doctors should live in the Middle Ages... as executioners.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did my 1.5-hour Barre workout this morning. It's official - I had suddenly lost all ability to do pirouettes on my right foot. I am completely devastated - so much so I went and scrubbed the floors.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
wait, what?
Ok, doctors suck.
I met a few I wouldn't let operate on my Raggedy Anne doll!
or my pet rock.
You'd hope that confronted with evidence it would spark their memories!
Good job getting out of there! you can actually die from a rash severe enough! It's like a burn from the inside out.

And what is that with the masks? They can't take anymore?
I suppose the production run has not been hijacked by the orange menace....

There is a reason 'May you live in interesting times' is a curse.
And dang, we are CURSED!!!

Glad you are doing alright!
Sorry about the doc thing. It sucks!
It is curious and counter to what you hear on the news but we are being told the warehouses are full and not receiving many orders. Go figure. So much misinformation.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an fyi, my (kempodisciple's) name has been changed. It was misleading having a style I haven't trained in a couple years as my username.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is curious and counter to what you hear on the news but we are being told the warehouses are full and not receiving many orders. Go figure. So much misinformation.
Jebus.
there are hospitals not having PPE...
this is a cluster of the highest order. We are all going to die!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just an fyi, my (kempodisciple's) name has been changed. It was misleading having a style I haven't trained in a couple years as my username.
well, you kept the icon intact, we should manage.
(as if we could tell what style you train in! I don't train in Fire Style either, Nor Gran Style)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oh wow... that is mighty unfortunate... especially hard as these are people we put a great deal of trust into. Can assure you not all are like that! Glad you're outta there, hope the rash clears up okay

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek:

I cannot cope! I'm sorry, we shall have to start getting to know each other all over again.

(Yep that's fair enough!)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh wow... that is mighty unfortunate... especially hard as these are people we put a great deal of trust into. Can assure you not all are like that! Glad you're outta there, hope the rash clears up okay
And to add to the oddity, I was on No other medicine for the whole month that I was on the antibiotics, per his instructions. Just surreal.
I have had a lot of injuries over the years and have seen a lot of doctors, some like this guy who I feel are truly quacks. I have a small circle of doctors that I really trust.
The whole infection thing happen real fast and in hindsight I wish I had tried to slow things down some. The week in the hospital was unavoidable I think but I feel like I should have balked on the IV antibiotics and pushed harder for 2 orals (I took one). I guess it is in the lesson learned category. I would Never recommend using Dr. Robert Latham in Nashville, TN to anyone.

On a brighter note, we worked 25 calves yesterday and it went really well. We should have 15 more this cycle and have an exceptional calf crop this year. I hope prices recover before this crop is ready to take to market. The prices are WAY down right not. Damn packers are gouging all the profits.
The knees were Really hurting at the end of the day. Such is life.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And to add to the oddity, I was on No other medicine for the whole month that I was on the antibiotics, per his instructions. Just surreal.
I have had a lot of injuries over the years and have seen a lot of doctors, some like this guy who I feel are truly quacks. I have a small circle of doctors that I really trust.
The whole infection thing happen real fast and in hindsight I wish I had tried to slow things down some. The week in the hospital was unavoidable I think but I feel like I should have balked on the IV antibiotics and pushed harder for 2 orals (I took one). I guess it is in the lesson learned category. I would Never recommend using Dr. Robert Latham in Nashville, TN to anyone.

On a brighter note, we worked 25 calves yesterday and it went really well. We should have 15 more this cycle and have an exceptional calf crop this year. I hope prices recover before this crop is ready to take to market. The prices are WAY down right not. Damn packers are gouging all the profits.
The knees were Really hurting at the end of the day. Such is life.
are you set up for retail sales?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wanted to share something positive during the time of pandemic and self isolation.

Was a good morning, Watched two shows on TV, I throughly enjoy; "Trails to Tsukiji" and then "Journeys in Japan".

And then, Mrs Xue called me to the kitchen, she made steamed red bean buns again. Not with paste, but with actual red beans she cooked in a crock pot and crushed. I had a delicious "Real" red bean bun and a cup of Gunpowder tea.....it doesn't get much better than that on a Sunday morning during a pandemic....then I went and did some taijiquan.....been a good day so far

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just had a thought, the state budget is really taking a hit with this pandemic and is going to have a major shortfall and the Gov has already said that there will probably have to be reductions......although to get to me there are a lot of folks that will be laid-off first.....I could get laid-off too. Not panicking, just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions