Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am home!!! After 5 days in isolation all I can say is Damn is it good!
I still have 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and 2 additional weeks of oral but that beats the hell out of 4 hospital room walls. I was not even allowed to walk the halls.

Might I also suggest, whatever the doctor told you to do, and not to do, you listen...that is unless you liked the hospital stay...it might even be longer next time

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't been this angry in a long time, hence, I seek advice...

A friend of mine sent me the DVD collection of the entire series of Breaking Bad. I had never seen even a minute of it before. God, I so love this series, been having such a ball watching it. It's the best thing I've ever seen from television, and I watch a lot of stuff. I've been discussing it with a different friend (?) who has not only seen it, but had encouraged me for years to watch it.

With only four episodes to go, he just spoiled everything and mentioned what happens to one of the main characters. To quote a Godfather term, I consider this an infamnia. Now, I'm not even going to finish the last three episodes, it's completely ruined for me.

He's done this before, but never to this extent. My questions is, how hard should I hit him the next time I go to L.A? Just knock the wind out of him, or really smack the ever loving ship out of him?

I'm not kidding with this question.
My answer depends on your answer to another question. Did he know you still had four episodes to go, or did he think from whatever you said that you had 'watched' the entire series. If it's the first, innocent mistake, but still knock the wind out of him. If the second, I'm seconding Xue's advice.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Might I also suggest, whatever the doctor told you to do, and not to do, you listen...that is unless you liked the hospital stay...it might even be longer next time
Heck, I have already reinstalled a commode while home. I had started a total remodel of one of our bathrooms before all this started. Still have to set the vanity top and mirror but at least now the shower can be used (had the commode setting in it).
It did tweak the knee a little so I am taking it easy right now. I am supposed to set on my axx with the leg elevated so I will play nice for a while.
Doctor said I have some kind or rare staph infection in the knee. It looks like time will be the healer but I cannot set for another 2-3 weeks.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My answer depends on your answer to another question. Did he know you still had four episodes to go, or did he think from whatever you said that you had 'watched' the entire series. If it's the first, innocent mistake, but still knock the wind out of him. If the second, I'm seconding Xue's advice.

He knew.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Heck, I have already reinstalled a commode while home. I had started a total remodel of one of our bathrooms before all this started. Still have to set the vanity top and mirror but at least now the shower can be used (had the commode setting in it).
It did tweak the knee a little so I am taking it easy right now. I am supposed to set on my axx with the leg elevated so I will play nice for a while.
Doctor said I have some kind or rare staph infection in the knee. It looks like time will be the healer but I cannot set for another 2-3 weeks.

I know it is not what you want to hear...but I expect more posts from the hospital

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got tested for COVID, can't return to work until the test comes back.
I hope all is well. I'm a bit more than halfway through my quarantine. Gotta figure out how I'm going to make money while this clears out. Nothing I was doing will be as productive for a while.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
SingleGuy.jpeg

All single guys after Corona quarantine.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know it is not what you want to hear...but I expect more posts from the hospital
I'm taking bets. My glass is always at least half full.
Seriously, I am not careless but I am going to live my life as best I can. We all know doctors are compelled to err on the conservative side, they have to. I am in no position to be able to set around and do nothing. I can do a Lot of my work from the chair but not all of it and I have multiple families counting on me to keep the pipeline full.
If I end up back in the hospital it will have been unavoidable. The knee replacements are likely pushed out until late summer/early fall so I have to get some more mileage out of what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.