Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't been this angry in a long time, hence, I seek advice...

A friend of mine sent me the DVD collection of the entire series of Breaking Bad. I had never seen even a minute of it before. God, I so love this series, been having such a ball watching it. It's the best thing I've ever seen from television, and I watch a lot of stuff. I've been discussing it with a different friend (?) who has not only seen it, but had encouraged me for years to watch it.

With only four episodes to go, he just spoiled everything and mentioned what happens to one of the main characters. To quote a Godfather term, I consider this an infamnia. Now, I'm not even going to finish the last three episodes, it's completely ruined for me.

He's done this before, but never to this extent. My questions is, how hard should I hit him the next time I go to L.A? Just knock the wind out of him, or really smack the ever loving ship out of him?

I'm not kidding with this question.
........ I am NOT a fan of when people spoil stuff.....

That sucks!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am home!!! After 5 days in isolation all I can say is Damn is it good!
I still have 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and 2 additional weeks of oral but that beats the hell out of 4 hospital room walls. I was not even allowed to walk the halls.
YES!!! That's really exciting man, hoping it was all successful!! How do you feel currently?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been this angry in a long time, hence, I seek advice...

A friend of mine sent me the DVD collection of the entire series of Breaking Bad. I had never seen even a minute of it before. God, I so love this series, been having such a ball watching it. It's the best thing I've ever seen from television, and I watch a lot of stuff. I've been discussing it with a different friend (?) who has not only seen it, but had encouraged me for years to watch it.

With only four episodes to go, he just spoiled everything and mentioned what happens to one of the main characters. To quote a Godfather term, I consider this an infamnia. Now, I'm not even going to finish the last three episodes, it's completely ruined for me.

He's done this before, but never to this extent. My questions is, how hard should I hit him the next time I go to L.A? Just knock the wind out of him, or really smack the ever loving ship out of him?

I'm not kidding with this question.

Couple years ago. Antarctic research center. Very small. One researcher stabs the other. The reason? He kept spoiling the endings for books.

Japan. Marvel Universe movie just released. Guy comes out of the theater and starts shouting spoilers to the people in line. They gave him a beat down.

I know these events were illegal, but I'm not entirely convinced that they should be.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got tested for COVID, can't return to work until the test comes back.

What the lag in your area? Last I checked, it was taking us 6-7 days to get results.
I haven't had any symptoms yet, but we're seeing a logarithmic increase in the number of people we're seeing. 90% get sent home (that's pretty much the same world wide) and those don't get tested. I think we've seen 20 or so tonight.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What the lag in your area? Last I checked, it was taking us 6-7 days to get results.
I haven't had any symptoms yet, but we're seeing a logarithmic increase in the number of people we're seeing. 90% get sent home (that's pretty much the same world wide) and those don't get tested. I think we've seen 20 or so tonight.
So at my hospital it's been about a week. I went to urgent care, where they said they've been assured it should be faster, possibly as quick as a day, although I don't have my hopes up for that.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So at my hospital it's been about a week. I went to urgent care, where they said they've been assured it should be faster, possibly as quick as a day, although I don't have my hopes up for that.

That does seem pretty optimistic...
Our hospital wants us to go see the workers comp people when we inevitably get sick. I am not sure I will bother, to be honest. It doesn't change anything, at this point. I will probably just follow the advice we give regardless of the test. Go home. Rest. Fluids. Stay there a couple weeks or till you're at least 72 hours without a fever.
Despite the countless messages explaining this to people, it saddens me how many are still coming to the ED. And then getting nasty when we tell them we're not doing a COVID test on them and they just need to follow the above instructions. It disgusts me how many are hoarding things.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That does seem pretty optimistic...
Our hospital wants us to go see the workers comp people when we inevitably get sick. I am not sure I will bother, to be honest. It doesn't change anything, at this point. I will probably just follow the advice we give regardless of the test. Go home. Rest. Fluids. Stay there a couple weeks or till you're at least 72 hours without a fever.
Despite the countless messages explaining this to people, it saddens me how many are still coming to the ED. And then getting nasty when we tell them we're not doing a COVID test on them and they just need to follow the above instructions. It disgusts me how many are hoarding things.
It wasn't really clear to us how it would be handled..but i got an email informing me that I'm on mandatory furlough until either test results are negative, or 7 days after test, with bo fever for at least the last 3 days.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just came from Costco where they put aside the hour of between eight a.m and nine a.m for people over sixty to shop. It was great, there was only a couple of thousand people in line! Management came out and told everyone they weren't going to able to get in, they were overwhelmed.

So as I left, keeping a suitable distance from everyone, I stopped by the really old folks and asked them if they wanted a bleach disinfected wipe to wipe down their cart. Some were so grateful they thanked me and were brought to tears. I felt so bad for them.

Ah, well, maybe next time. Fortunately the liquor store had no line. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just came from Costco where they put aside the hour of between eight a.m and nine a.m for people over sixty to shop. It was great, there was only a couple of thousand people in line! Management came out and told everyone they weren't going to able to get in, they were overwhelmed.

So as I left, keeping a suitable distance from everyone, I stopped by the really old folks and asked them if they wanted a bleach disinfected wipe to wipe down their cart. Some were so grateful they thanked me and were brought to tears. I felt so bad for them.

You are a pickled angel, you are.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Good one Buka.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am not sure I can manage this....this is about 7 days to 2 weeks into this, and I am feeling like 2 weeks of tornado warnings....I don't think I will catch up with my sleep anytime soon!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I hate to post this, but living in NYS and having to go to work everyday....I actually hope I am being a hypochondriac at the moment

I think living in a huge city where a large number of people use public transportation (subway, bus, etc) is going to have a significant impact on the chances of you being exposed to the plague. I hope you're being a hypochondriac too.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think living in a huge city where a large number of people use public transportation (subway, bus, etc) is going to have a significant impact on the chances of you being exposed to the plague. I hope you're being a hypochondriac too.

Luckily I do not live in the city, but sadly I deal with a lot of people who have been there recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions