Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just thought of something, and I apologize to MT if this is the case. The federal government said anyone going from NYS to another state should be quarantined for 14 days before entering the other state. Does my posting here, from NYS, now mean MT needs to be quarantined for 14 days? :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just thought of something, and I apologize to MT if this is the case. The federal government said anyone going from NYS to another state should be quarantined for 14 days before entering the other state. Does my posting here, from NYS, now mean MT needs to be quarantined for 14 days? :D
I spay my computer down with bleach every morning and evening...
It sparks a little, but so far so good!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure MT almost always needs a bit of a quarantine.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd actually laugh it I wasn't dealing with those implications at work right now...

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I spent the morning on conference call with two sister Tier 2 automotive & tire plants that are converting over to produce N-95 PPE. We will start Thursday evening and work through shifts until the changeovers and programming are completed. Looks like several days work.
It is a humbling honor to be involved. We have the go ahead from our other customers to postpone their work until this work is completed. It is great to see everyone pitching in where ever they can. I love our Volunteer State attitude.
I will be doing my part from home as I am still tethered to an IV.
I pray everyone is safe, healthy, and happy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Which leads me to this......I gave up drinking, for the most part, years ago..... but if I had one of these right now...I'd likely finish the bottle

images

And with that...allow me to invite you all to wine...good ole fashion Chinese wine.....think closer to vodka than wine....

By the way, in my wife's office, in the room I was teaching Taijiquan in. There hangs a 8 to 10 foot long painting of Chinese characters....it is this poem :)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently have to test my temperature twice a day...yesterday morning had a very low grade fever. Now my temp is ranging from 94.6 to 95.2. Double checked 4 times with two different thermometers to make sure.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent the morning on conference call with two sister Tier 2 automotive & tire plants that are converting over to produce N-95 PPE. We will start Thursday evening and work through shifts until the changeovers and programming are completed. Looks like several days work.
It is a humbling honor to be involved. We have the go ahead from our other customers to postpone their work until this work is completed. It is great to see everyone pitching in where ever they can. I love our Volunteer State attitude.
Man I love to see businesses making decisions like that - both you guys and your customers.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently have to test my temperature twice a day...yesterday morning had a very low grade fever. Now my temp is ranging from 94.6 to 95.2. Double checked 4 times with two different thermometers to make sure.

You need to be super cautious right now. Hypothermia is one sign that a person may be becoming septic.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been running below normal, too - though not quite as low as that. You check to see if you have a pulse?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to be super cautious right now. Hypothermia is one sign that a person may be becoming septic.
Didn't even think of that. Doublechecked my temp-now 95.2. Checked my BP-I normally run low (110/70ish), first time it was 155/110 hr 78, second was 134/114, hr 78. If anything that's reverse sepsis. My body's all outta whack.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't even think of that. Doublechecked my temp-now 95.2. Checked my BP-I normally run low (110/70ish), first time it was 155/110 hr 78, second was 134/114, hr 78. If anything that's reverse sepsis. My body's all outta whack.
Update-BP and HR back to normal. Think it was just hearing family members yelling that raised it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't even think of that. Doublechecked my temp-now 95.2. Checked my BP-I normally run low (110/70ish), first time it was 155/110 hr 78, second was 134/114, hr 78. If anything that's reverse sepsis.

Just saying keep a close eye on yourself. I hear there's a nasty virus going around.

My body's all outta whack.

That's kind of the very definition of being sick...

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something I've been wondering about those changeovers...

A shop that makes air filters I can see making a switch fairly easily; many of the materials are similar if not the same, just the way they're put together. Even there, though, I can see problems...

But for Ford, Chevy, Tesla, etc. to switch an assembly line from making cars to making ventilators... That seems a big change. Like if they've got robots designed to move car doors... how well are they going to handle the components for a ventilator? I have this image of me with my sausage fingers trying to handle the tiny Lego guns... I've seen one explanation of how they're supposedly switching an interior fan over to a portable filter set up... but even that seems like it's not a real simple changeover, especially as so much of the assembly line stuff today is automated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions