Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shaved my beard. I thought it prudent to remove the petri dish from my face for a few weeks. Some wierdo keeps gawking at me from the mirror now. Cheeky bastard.
I had to do the same. And now I have to decide if I feel like shaving again.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My face is so not liking this. And I've entirely forgotten how to shave a chin. I end up a literal bloody mess every time.
What I do is I use a head shaving kit (i also shave that), that doesn't go all the way to the skin. So it shaves it to basically a 5 oclock shadow, without causing a rash/burn/cuts on my chin.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My face is so not liking this. And I've entirely forgotten how to shave a chin. I end up a literal bloody mess every time.
Yep! I cut myself every single time. Never figured out that shaving thing, probably why I only do it once every couple of weeks now :p
What I do is I use a head shaving kit (i also shave that), that doesn't go all the way to the skin. So it shaves it to basically a 5 oclock shadow, without causing a rash/burn/cuts on my chin.
YES. Clever!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My beard trimmer, without the guard, goes nearly to that level. But I figured if I'm going to do this, I may as well do it all the way.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep! I cut myself every single time. Never figured out that shaving thing, probably why I only do it once every couple of weeks now :pYES. Clever!
Back when last I shaved the whole face regularly, I don't think I had a lot of nicks and cuts. But I always used single- and double-blade razors (the three I use now are all antiques - belonged to my grandfather), and usually used a brush and shaving mug, which makes a difference. I still have the right razors (I always shave my neck and cheeks, even with the beard), but no longer have the mug/brush/soap, nor the skills to handle the odd surfaces around the mouth.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Back when last I shaved the whole face regularly, I don't think I had a lot of nicks and cuts. But I always used single- and double-blade razors (the three I use now are all antiques - belonged to my grandfather), and usually used a brush and shaving mug, which makes a difference. I still have the right razors (I always shave my neck and cheeks, even with the beard), but no longer have the mug/brush/soap, nor the skills to handle the odd surfaces around the mouth.
I would strongly recommend upgrading to the Gillette style, 4-5 blade razors. Even the 3 blade would be an upgrade. I rarely nick with this style blade.
For the chin I only shave vertically down (never up) then horizontal.
I never use shaving creme, just good soap or body wash.
I do think repetition is a big factor.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am about to defy the government. The governor asked us all to stay inside unless it was necessary to go out.... I am going to rebel... and go for a walk...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
your-grandparents-were.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend upgrading to the Gillette style, 4-5 blade razors. Even the 3 blade would be an upgrade. I rarely nick with this style blade.
For the chin I only shave vertically down (never up) then horizontal.
I never use shaving creme, just good soap or body wash.
I do think repetition is a big factor.
I really don't like the multi-blade razors. I like the feel and heft of the antiques. And on areas that I shave regularly, I rarely nick with them. It's that soft, long-untouched skin (which apparently has a bumpier surface) that get mauled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions