Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here I lay in a damn hospital bed. When they called earlier today they said get here ASAP and I would go right into surgery.
Upon arrival, they put me in a room, drew blood and drained the knee again and then said it would be morning until they knew what to do.
That was conveniently between 4:00-5:00.

Sorry folks but I am already bouncing off the walls.

Hopefully they will have their ducks in a row.
Are you going to a hospital or surgery center?
The latter always seem more efficient to me.

Orthopedic Surgery Center..assuming it is not postponed. Cases of Coronavirus in NY increased by over 700 people today.

Well here I lay in a damn hospital bed. When they called earlier today they said get here ASAP and I would go right into surgery.
Upon arrival, they put me in a room, drew blood and drained the knee again and then said it would be morning until they knew what to do.
That was conveniently between 4:00-5:00.

Sorry folks but I am already bouncing off the walls.

Been there done that. Went in for chest pain one time and after hours of tests and negative results they wanted me to lay there for 2 more hours to make sure.... I left...but I was able to walk

Hope it all goes well for you

And now they are telling dentists to close.... I hope mine can see me tomorrow afternoon, this dang temporary crown is quite painful this evening...I'm supposed to get the permanent crown at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon

You know, no one is more surprised than I am, but with the Virus, my impending surgery, my tooth, having to go to work when everyone else is told to stay home, Mrs Xue closing her office due to virus concerns, my mother in her upper 80s, my youngest home from school because of the virus panic and the oldest told to stay home and not go to school in Virginia..... I realized this morning, I an actually more than a little stressed
If you can't handle that piddly bit of nothing, what will you do when life really starts to throw you a curve?

Xue I thought about you earlier.
I received a call early this morning telling me the fluid drawn off my knee Monday came back with a white count of 68,000. 14,000 is normal. So I am setting here at the hospital waiting to be wheeled in to get the arthroscopic wash the doctor talked about for 2 weeks.
Thankfully it is supposed to be out-patient.
For those of you who pray, please keep me in your prayers.
I'm not normally a praying person, but I make an exception for my friends.

And now they are telling dentists to close.... I hope mine can see me tomorrow afternoon, this dang temporary crown is quite painful this evening...I'm supposed to get the permanent crown at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon
I've been wondering about dentists. Mine is a friend of 35+ years, and I worry a bit about him and his staff. I hope yours is able to get that crown finished for you before they have to shut down.

don't tell the Hobbit...you'll be belly dancing in no time!
We are working on it. I recorded a short Barre workout video today, and he was IN THE HOUSE when it happened! Mwahahaha!
giphy.gif

You know, no one is more surprised than I am, but with the Virus, my impending surgery, my tooth, having to go to work when everyone else is told to stay home, Mrs Xue closing her office due to virus concerns, my mother in her upper 80s, my youngest home from school because of the virus panic and the oldest told to stay home and not go to school in Virginia..... I realized this morning, I an actually more than a little stressed
Thinkin of you, take it one day at a time brother. Find an anchor, whatever that may be, that helps you feel grounded, connected, and brings a sense of peace or joy. We're all here for ya too

Xue I thought about you earlier.
I received a call early this morning telling me the fluid drawn off my knee Monday came back with a white count of 68,000. 14,000 is normal. So I am setting here at the hospital waiting to be wheeled in to get the arthroscopic wash the doctor talked about for 2 weeks.
Thankfully it is supposed to be out-patient.
For those of you who pray, please keep me in your prayers.
Prayers lifted for you brother, rest in His safety and peace, He is always by your side and with you. Hope you're okay, let us know how you go

If you can't handle that piddly bit of nothing, what will you do when life really starts to throw you a curve?

But...but...what if La Palma Island fractures and starts a mega tsunami...or an asteroid hits us....

I know, I recently had a conversation with someone who was on a political freakout about the election and I used the above to examples......that type of freakout is just going to cause panic to many around them in the current coronavirus confligation.

I am not panicking, I am a bit stressed, worried about my mom (in her late 80s who refuses to stay home because she does not want to bother us), worried about my youngest, worried about the oldest and my wife works with people everyday, but today is the last day of her office, then it closes...I go to surgery...which I was looking at as a vacation prior to this...it is now, not quite a vacation.

I'm OK, not panicking, just a bit stressed....some of that will be alleviated this afternoon if my dentist does not cancel the appointment...this ding dang temporary crown is rather painful at times and this afternoon I am supposed to get the permanent one

Thinkin of you, take it one day at a time brother. Find an anchor, whatever that may be, that helps you feel grounded, connected, and brings a sense of peace or joy. We're all here for ya too

I'm ok, just a bit stressed about family and the dang dentist.....not panicking, I don't do that often. I'm generally the one in the family that talks other down from panic, and I'm still up to the task, it just helped to type it out that I was actually a little stressed over this.

But...but...what if La Palma Island fractures and starts a mega tsunami...or an asteroid hits us....

I know, I recently had a conversation with someone who was on a political freakout about the election and I used the above to examples......that type of freakout is just going to cause panic to many around them in the current coronavirus confligation.

I am not panicking, I am a bit stressed, worried about my mom (in her late 80s who refuses to stay home because she does not want to bother us), worried about my youngest, worried about the oldest and my wife works with people everyday, but today is the last day of her office, then it closes...I go to surgery...which I was looking at as a vacation prior to this...it is now, not quite a vacation.

I'm OK, not panicking, just a bit stressed....some of that will be alleviated this afternoon if my dentist does not cancel the appointment...this ding dang temporary crown is rather painful at times and this afternoon I am supposed to get the permanent one
Of course you are stressed. Let's be stressed together. It's easier that way. Honestly, I keep maintaining that I'd fulfilled my pioneer woman duty last month when we didn't have running water, so I am totally ready for the spoiled heiress bit.
QuKp.gif

Of course you are stressed. Let's be stressed together. It's easier that way. Honestly, I keep maintaining that I'd fulfilled my pioneer woman duty last month when we didn't have running water, so I am totally ready for the spoiled heiress bit.
QuKp.gif

Less stressed now....my dentist appointment is still on....wait.......dentist...DANG IT!!!! I'm stressed again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back