Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well here I lay in a damn hospital bed. When they called earlier today they said get here ASAP and I would go right into surgery.
Upon arrival, they put me in a room, drew blood and drained the knee again and then said it would be morning until they knew what to do.
That was conveniently between 4:00-5:00.

Sorry folks but I am already bouncing off the walls.
I am so sorry. Tell them you have a gaggle of martial arts friends who are prepared to arrive and unleash. ;)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But...but...what if La Palma Island fractures and starts a mega tsunami...or an asteroid hits us....

I know, I recently had a conversation with someone who was on a political freakout about the election and I used the above to examples......that type of freakout is just going to cause panic to many around them in the current coronavirus confligation.

I am not panicking, I am a bit stressed, worried about my mom (in her late 80s who refuses to stay home because she does not want to bother us), worried about my youngest, worried about the oldest and my wife works with people everyday, but today is the last day of her office, then it closes...I go to surgery...which I was looking at as a vacation prior to this...it is now, not quite a vacation.

I'm OK, not panicking, just a bit stressed....some of that will be alleviated this afternoon if my dentist does not cancel the appointment...this ding dang temporary crown is rather painful at times and this afternoon I am supposed to get the permanent one
Always peculiar to me how people instantly associate just a bit stressed and worried with freaking out or panicked. Hugely different IMHO.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
got a message from my dad, he was mad that I had not confirmed travel plans for the end of June...to Europe.
I am a little puzzled...with all the travel restrictions and the poop yet having to hit the fan....DUDE!!!
He used to have a good head on his shoulders: when the Basks made trouble he decided that Spain wasn't a good travel destination or at least drive with his RV through the region....when things in the middle east heated up 'one better stays away from there'
But hey, I can brave the masses at the airport, get on a sardine can....not knowing if I can actually fly back home!

I am a little stressed....pass the wine! (and I meant to make the big bottle last!)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry. Tell them you have a gaggle of martial arts friends who are prepared to arrive and unleash. ;)
A gaggle of martial artists XD... well I guess we've gotta have some sort of a collective noun, gaggle will do!

Or a convocation! (Taken from a convocation of eagles)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
For some stress-relief fun, let's have some more collective nouns!

A parliament of owls.
eb38732fcc87e76f9852215d13c8f559.jpg

A conspiracy of ring-tailed lemurs.
e7f4c6815e83fa07d4195540c0eb6d48.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oooh, some good options there. I'd always favored "a murder of crows". Can we be a murder? A murder of martial artists? That has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
Oh yes, that will suit just nicely!

Or a meddling, murderous malarkey of martial artists XD

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Glad you got tended to - hopefully that helps a lot, and quickly.
I have been turned over to infectious disease and was told I would stay in the hospital through the weekend to see how the cultures grow.
Bummed of course. Just have to ride it out. The odd things are I feel fine, no fever. Mild swelling from the surgery but very little additional pain.
It it a classic case of ‘better safe than sorry’.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

A parliament of owls.

Donkeys - a pace
Bears - a sleuth
Ferrets - a business
Apes - a shrewdness
Bats - a cauldron
Foxes - a skulk

Some names are fitting:
Hippopotamus- a bloat
Giraffes - a tower
Hyenas - cackle
Leopards- a leap

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Donkeys - a pace
Bears - a sleuth
Ferrets - a business
Apes - a shrewdness
Bats - a cauldron
Foxes - a skulk

Some names are fitting:
Hippopotamus- a bloat
Giraffes - a tower
Hyenas - cackle
Leopards- a leap
But half of them are solitary...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So you spend 20 minutes trying to figure out what someones issue is with their laptop. And since they tell you different things every single time and leave out huge sections that would help you figure out. And of course they keep telling. you how to fix it....which is not the way to fix it..... you finally figure out...of course they have been standing 1.5 feet from you the entire time...they finally say...oh, my son is now working with Covid 19 patients and he live with me...was I just, so I guess I should start practicing social distancing...and then...after 20 minutes....moves 6 feet away....was I justified in giving them a dirty look?

They then added...oh...he starts today and has not been home yet....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

A parliament of owls.

I have a terrific book from the seventies by James Lipton, who used to host Inside the Actors Studio, that has great, old timey illustrations and contains a book full of the grouping terms.

LiptonBook.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been turned over to infectious disease and was told I would stay in the hospital through the weekend to see how the cultures grow.
Bummed of course. Just have to ride it out. The odd things are I feel fine, no fever. Mild swelling from the surgery but very little additional pain.
It it a classic case of ‘better safe than sorry’.
Well, it sucks to be stuck in the hospital, but at least you know none of us are out partying without you. :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, it sucks to be stuck in the hospital, but at least you know none of us are out partying without you. :D

Oh, I don't know. Me and a couple of the fellas' were partying in my back yard last night. Kind of like a hunting expedition. Caught all sorts of little buzzes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions