Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Because.... what is the point of having snow, unless you are going to put on your leotard and tutu and play around in it?
87035812_2915761781778901_1398311729464606720_o.jpg

I, in turn, shall go into the yard and do some demi plies in the sunshine by the banana trees.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because.... what is the point of having snow, unless you are going to put on your leotard and tutu and play around in it?
87035812_2915761781778901_1398311729464606720_o.jpg
It looks like y'all had the same snow we had this morning. It was thick and beautiful coming down. As soon as it hit the ground it was gone.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE on the Idaho woman with the missing kids......

Madison, Idaho issued a warrant this morning, Kaui PD arrested her a couple hours ago. She's currently in a cell with a five million dollar bond. She has since been charged with two felony counts of desertion, non--support of dependent children, resisting or obstructing officers, criminal solicitation to commit a crime and contempt of court.

She'll appear in court, at a date yet to be determined, to be extradited back to Idaho.

That's all I've heard so far.
Any update on the kids themselves?

If not, hopefully the court case will bring that info to light.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this doomsday clock thingo is about, with this July being the apparent time? Tried looking it up and got very confused! Doesn't appear to be a religious thing, but something about nuclear threat at its highest or something...

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this doomsday clock thingo is about, with this July being the apparent time? Tried looking it up and got very confused! Doesn't appear to be a religious thing, but something about nuclear threat at its highest or something...
That is about right. They used to move the doomsday clock's time to "midnight" backwards and forwards based on the threat of a nuclear strike. Not sure if it is still around or not.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is about right. They used to move the doomsday clock's time to "midnight" backwards and forwards based on the threat of a nuclear strike. Not sure if it is still around or not.
Ahhhh I see... sounds like fun! :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like y'all had the same snow we had this morning. It was thick and beautiful coming down. As soon as it hit the ground it was gone.
A little bit on the ground - maybe 1/2". It was disappointing, as we were projected to get about 4", and they often underestimate snowfall here, so we were expecting real snow.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
UPDATE on the Idaho woman with the missing kids......

Madison, Idaho issued a warrant this morning, Kaui PD arrested her a couple hours ago. She's currently in a cell with a five million dollar bond. She has since been charged with two felony counts of desertion, non--support of dependent children, resisting or obstructing officers, criminal solicitation to commit a crime and contempt of court.

She'll appear in court, at a date yet to be determined, to be extradited back to Idaho.

That's all I've heard so far.
Well, that's one of them off the streets - at least for now.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I cut my finger today. And I dont know how... one minute I'm at the grocery store just minding my own business. I think. Then I look down at my hand and see a small cut on my finger. Not a big deal or anything ,but I I haven't the foggiest clue how it got there. I'm also pretty sure it wasn't there when I walked in ,but whatever...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Any update on the kids themselves?

If not, hopefully the court case will bring that info to light.

I have no knowledge on her children. Most I've talked to fear that they are no more. I pray everyone is wrong.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I cut my finger today. And I dont know how... one minute I'm at the grocery store just minding my own business. I think. Then I look down at my hand and see a small cut on my finger. Not a big deal or anything ,but I I haven't the foggiest clue how it got there. I'm also pretty sure it wasn't there when I walked in ,but whatever...
Are you sure Doctor Who wasn't around? This reminds me of the "Silence" story ark.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you sure Doctor Who wasn't around? This reminds me of the "Silence" story ark.
How do you know that? What are you? A mindreader?! No. I don't know who that is ,and even if I did he definitely wouldn't have been there anyways!
source.gif

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's driving the possible change?
Combination of a couple things.
MINOR:
* lack of upward mobility without going into administration
* lack of geographical mobility without without a pay decrease
MAJOR:
* I've noticed that people in my field, regardless of location, that don't go into administration tend to start burning out by 35.
* I've seen the end result of burnout, and don't want that.
* The jobs I've gotten, and the places I've seen/considered, about half the people are cool, and the other half seem to have a ton of mental health issues they don't bother working out. Go figure.
THE STRAW:
* A clerical issue with one of my secondary licenses that's causing me issues. Probably nothing serious, and I honestly could just drop the license and have no changes, but it brought everything else to light.

Plus, I've always enjoyed tech stuff.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Combination of a couple things.
MINOR:
* lack of upward mobility without going into administration
* lack of geographical mobility without without a pay decrease
MAJOR:
* I've noticed that people in my field, regardless of location, that don't go into administration tend to start burning out by 35.
* I've seen the end result of burnout, and don't want that.
* The jobs I've gotten, and the places I've seen/considered, about half the people are cool, and the other half seem to have a ton of mental health issues they don't bother working out. Go figure.
THE STRAW:
* A clerical issue with one of my secondary licenses that's causing me issues. Probably nothing serious, and I honestly could just drop the license and have no changes, but it brought everything else to light.

Plus, I've always enjoyed tech stuff.
Some good awareness in there, man. Sounds like you've found a good "next thing" for yourself. I'm pushing back toward tech, myself. I was pretty deep into it early in my career, but haven't had a lot of tech work over the last 15 years. I'm digging back in and updating in those areas.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some good awareness in there, man. Sounds like you've found a good "next thing" for yourself. I'm pushing back toward tech, myself. I was pretty deep into it early in my career, but haven't had a lot of tech work over the last 15 years. I'm digging back in and updating in those areas.
Sadly it came about after spending the amount that I did on my masters and my subsequent licenses.

What portion of tech are you planning to redelve yourself in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions