Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite things in Alabama:

BBQ
Shrimp & Grits
Banana Pudding - Must have
Pecan Pie
Crawfish - Must have

Get to Mobile and the Gulf Coast seafood is a good as any you can find. Find an AJ's for the best Grouper ever. You will have to drive over to Pensacola.
The shrimp and grits are common in lowcountry SC, too (and have made their way out from there). I forget which type of BBQ they have in AL, and am always interested to see what the local variations are. The banana pudding and pecan pie are typical Southern fare I grew up with.

As for crawfish, I'm honestly not sure I've ever had any.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ribs, fried green tomatoes, hush puppies, gumbo, grits, fried chicken and buttermilk waffles, crawfish, orange rolls, pulled pork anything, fried chicken, pecan pie, fried catfish, collard greens.....somebody stop me.....
Anything that doesn't need to come with its own 911 call for a massive coronary it's going to give you? ;)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The shrimp and grits are common in lowcountry SC, too (and have made their way out from there). I forget which type of BBQ they have in AL, and am always interested to see what the local variations are. The banana pudding and pecan pie are typical Southern fare I grew up with.

As for crawfish, I'm honestly not sure I've ever had any.
Yes you have. At IKEA. During the big eating fest they had for the holidays. WHY do I have to remember this stuff for you?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm.... that is rather dull, isn't it? I mean... don't get me wrong - I love a good coleslaw... but not so much as to travel all the way to Alabama for it.
well, we do greens as well. And beans.
And we got a lot of nice Sushi places.
I do agree though, the deepfryer is the biggest staple in the kitchen.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well saga update: we have our permits. However, because of the delay with those, the drilling rig got scheduled to another job. So, at best we might get it on Friday. At worst - next Monday.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well saga update: we have our permits. However, because of the delay with those, the drilling rig got scheduled to another job. So, at best we might get it on Friday. At worst - next Monday.
Will you drill in the same location or move to another site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions