Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great day for a roast!

These are some Cuban greens I ordered recently, came up well! Had trouble when I initially ordered them, was ordering from a place in Aus, but cos I was paying through PayPal (which I think is US based), they kept declining the payment! I had NO idea there was a 'situation' between Cuba and the US. But very very odd still, as the beans were IN Aus at the time anyway!

Nevertheless, I got them, roasted them, and they have never bean better!
4d80fec760f40e72d6dddd11edb3170d.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great day for a roast!

These are some Cuban greens I ordered recently, came up well! Had trouble when I initially ordered them, was ordering from a place in Aus, but cos I was paying through PayPal (which I think is US based), they kept declining the payment! I had NO idea there was a 'situation' between Cuba and the US. But very very odd still, as the beans were IN Aus at the time anyway!

yeah, there is 'that thing' between the US and Cuba....glad you got your coffee!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, there is 'that thing' between the US and Cuba....glad you got your coffee!
Haha.. yeah I was honestly quite ignorant of any situation at all, it wasn't until the second rejection and a polite message from PayPal saying that I am violating some agreement, and if I continue trying my account will be suspended, that I researched it a bit. Golly gosh!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great day for a roast!

Oooh, I bet that's some delicious smell!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We are going to start by re-drilling the existing well and going deeper with it. We don't have a whole lot of options as to where to drill on our property.
I hope you have time to keep me informed. Very curious about this.
The well where I grew up was over 300' deep. To this day, it had the best unfiltered water I ever tasted from a well. We lived about 2 miles away from a rock quarry (as the crow flies). The quarry finally hit the water table and flooded. A couple years after that our well went sour then got weak. We had two natural ponds go dry along with a couple neighbors losing water.
Underground water is an incredible and mysterious thing.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haha.. yeah I was honestly quite ignorant of any situation at all, it wasn't until the second rejection and a polite message from PayPal saying that I am violating some agreement, and if I continue trying my account will be suspended, that I researched it a bit. Golly gosh!
yep golly gosh.
Especially if the goods aren't even IN CUBA....
but hey, we don't do logic

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
yep golly gosh.
Especially if the goods aren't even IN CUBA....
but hey, we don't do logic
All of it just makes me think of this XD

Oooh, I bet that's some delicious smell!
Yeh can't wait to try them... it's a style of bean I don't think I've ever roasted before. Tasting notes are:

"Earthy, rich, fragrant, rich cocoa notes and light herbal qualities. Medium acidity, full body.
Sweet tobacco, spice, nutty, dark chocolate, balanced"

There was a cafe that offered a similar one for a bit, and by golly I tasted what it claimed! Am usually into the more fruity coffees but wanted to venture out and try something different to roast

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
We had snow in Texas yesterday... had snow. I took pictures ,but literally every other picture was me with my eyes closed ,and in all of them I had a goofy grin...

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Regional Championships tomorrow......but Jacob sprained his knee in basketball practice last night. Doctors don't believe anything is torn but he has to ice it and stay off of it for 4 days and then they will re-examine it.

Also, baseball season is just a few weeks away...so he is worried about missing the first part of it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Regional Championships tomorrow......but Jacob sprained his knee in basketball practice last night. Doctors don't believe anything is torn but he has to ice it and stay off of it for 4 days and then they will re-examine it.

Also, baseball season is just a few weeks away...so he is worried about missing the first part of it.
Sorry to hear that. Such is life with an young active male. I pray there are no major issues and all heals up fine.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man that’s bad timing. Hope he gets back to 100% fast!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ah get better soon Jacob, that would tough for him for sure!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Will not participating prevent him from later tournaments?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well 2020 has certainly started off not with a quiet whisper... but a heavy, intense clanging sound...

Now being forced out of my job pretty much... I was absolutely going to leave anyway (due to seriously disgusting ways they running this place), and I knew they'd advertised my job but weren't rushing with it, they've now found someone and sprung it on me. It was them wanting to change the role from casual to part-time (to save money of course), which I had no interest in, but they hadn't even let me know or discussed it with me at all prior to putting it up, just assumed that I would apply for it. So onward I go.

Knew it was gonna happen but just not this soon. Been having serious anxiety attacks about even going to work after this holiday break, but now get this news and I'll have no job very soon...

Just trying to breathe at this stage... not coping very well with life at all but taking very small steps. That is all.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well 2020 has certainly started off not with a quiet whisper... but a heavy, intense clanging sound...

Now being forced out of my job pretty much... I was absolutely going to leave anyway (due to seriously disgusting ways they running this place), and I knew they'd advertised my job but weren't rushing with it, they've now found someone and sprung it on me. It was them wanting to change the role from casual to part-time (to save money of course), which I had no interest in, but they hadn't even let me know or discussed it with me at all prior to putting it up, just assumed that I would apply for it. So onward I go.

Knew it was gonna happen but just not this soon. Been having serious anxiety attacks about even going to work after this holiday break, but now get this news and I'll have no job very soon...

Just trying to breathe at this stage... not coping very well with life at all but taking very small steps. That is all.
That’s rough. I guess at least you’re not losing a job you wanted long-term, but that bit of solice doesn’t pay the bills. Good luck on the job search.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Boo hizz
I hate lousy jobs like this.

Well, they didn't make you train your replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions