Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My day...
Started with a brand new laptop, that was to be issued today, losing its hard drive and now, it will not boot, not even into recovery
Setting up another laptop that is to be issued this week, and the encryption software, which is installed and setup properly, will not work
Then a simple software removal and reinstall of newer software, was nothing but problems, took most of the day, and it is still not installed.
Also, attempted to help a user at a remote site with a video conference, over the phone....failed...the equipment there is faulty

Game over man, I'm done, I surrender, I give up

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Took the day off to process my friend. Got a text from one of my coworkers passively telling me he hopes I'm feeling better by tomorrow and don't take off since it's halloween tomorrow and he doesn't want to have to work late. I wasn't planning on taking tomorrow off, and I'm still not, but part of me wants to for spite now.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Took the day off to process my friend. Got a text from one of my coworkers passively telling me he hopes I'm feeling better by tomorrow and don't take off since it's halloween tomorrow and he doesn't want to have to work late. I wasn't planning on taking tomorrow off, and I'm still not, but part of me wants to for spite now.

Well, depends...does he have kids he actually takes around trick or treating?

Otherwise, F him.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But do send him a replay, you are not sure you can manage....you might be able to return tomorrow.

(many hugs though, losing people always sucks)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrome. The latest updated mobile version available for each os.

If it's an infection, it's a strange one.

It's only this site.

It's the same on 4 Android devices all running different versions of the os - one of which is a custom ROM.
From others' responses, it sounds like it's something in how they've deployed for mobile. I haven't been on the site from my mobile in a while. I'll take a look at it later and see if I have the same experience.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My day...
Started with a brand new laptop, that was to be issued today, losing its hard drive and now, it will not boot, not even into recovery
Setting up another laptop that is to be issued this week, and the encryption software, which is installed and setup properly, will not work
Then a simple software removal and reinstall of newer software, was nothing but problems, took most of the day, and it is still not installed.
Also, attempted to help a user at a remote site with a video conference, over the phone....failed...the equipment there is faulty

Game over man, I'm done, I surrender, I give up
Man, days like that seem like a badly programmed video game.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But do send him a replay, you are not sure you can manage....you might be able to return tomorrow.

(many hugs though, losing people always sucks)
He does, but he's scheduled to work until 10PM anyway, and his kids are sub-five, so I doubt he's planning on going trick or treating with them at 10:30PM.

What's much more likely is that he's planning on leaving early telling our manager that he''s sick, which he won't be able to do if I call out. The reason I think that's more likely is that he has done it a ton of times in the past, knowing well in advance he needed the day off, but not wanting to use a vacation/annual day for it (which means that we are understaffed for the day since our manager didn't make the schedule knowing he wants it off).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He does, but he's scheduled to work until 10PM anyway, and his kids are sub-five, so I doubt he's planning on going trick or treating with them at 10:30PM.

What's much more likely is that he's planning on leaving early telling our manager that he''s sick, which he won't be able to do if I call out. The reason I think that's more likely is that he has done it a ton of times in the past, knowing well in advance he needed the day off, but not wanting to use a vacation/annual day for it (which means that we are understaffed for the day since our manager didn't make the schedule knowing he wants it off).

so he is a <insert bad word here>
let his sweat

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yet another one of my college friends died this weekend, again in his sleep. This one was 2 years younger than me (24), and probably one of the nicest guys I knew.
So very sorry to hear that mate... my condolences. Hope you're okay

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@granfire turns out I was right about the reasoning. Came in today to find that he "called in sick", which leaves me by myself for the last 6 hours of my shift, and a day that I really do not want to be here. It's a good thing I came in, since he called in sick before waiting to find out if I was showing or not.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
@granfire turns out I was right about the reasoning. Came in today to find that he "called in sick", which leaves me by myself for the last 6 hours of my shift, and a day that I really do not want to be here. It's a good thing I came in, since he called in sick before waiting to find out if I was showing or not.
damn....
have a safe night!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yet another one of my college friends died this weekend, again in his sleep. This one was 2 years younger than me (24), and probably one of the nicest guys I knew.

My condolences to you, brother. And to his family.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
playing online games with people really sucks some days.
this guy tells us 'tell my wife how much I love her. I am hurting and tired'
then he signs off.
how the F are you supposed to alert anybody when the best guess is they live in Ohio!
And the game has no mechanisms to alert a human being at the controls.

pray the guy doesn't do what I think he was eluding to!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
playing online games with people really sucks some days.
this guy tells us 'tell my wife how much I love her. I am hurting and tired'
then he signs off.
how the F are you supposed to alert anybody when the best guess is they live in Ohio!
And the game has no mechanisms to alert a human being at the controls.

pray the guy doesn't do what I think he was eluding to!
Holy cow. That’s not good. Do you know if he’s okay?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Holy cow. That’s not good. Do you know if he’s okay?
He was back this morning.
I just let it rest, I did want to yell at him a little, wanted to ask if the state troopers found him, or what not.
It was a huge relief!
It also was a nice moment, because a few people in the group tried to figure out how to pinpoint his location to alert police. Good things happen when people work together.
I mean, how can you pinpoint a relative casual acquaintance from the net? "This Steve guy is a tubby bald dude in Seattle, he roasts his own coffee.....maybe the pink Gis will trigger somebody's memory?
and that was a lot more than we had on that guy!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was back this morning.
I just let it rest, I did want to yell at him a little, wanted to ask if the state troopers found him, or what not.
It was a huge relief!
It also was a nice moment, because a few people in the group tried to figure out how to pinpoint his location to alert police. Good things happen when people work together.
I mean, how can you pinpoint a relative casual acquaintance from the net? "This Steve guy is a tubby bald dude in Seattle, he roasts his own coffee.....maybe the pink Gis will trigger somebody's memory?
and that was a lot more than we had on that guy!
Probably a cry for attention. I honestly don't know if that sort of thing is a cry for actual help, or just someone who wants people to show they give a damn (and doesn't care what doing so does to those people).

Status
Not open for further replies.