Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are absolutely right. There is also fists. You need fists to make bruises. Feet work two but fists are more fun. That and the occasional karaoke night. What more could you want?
A six-figure a year job involving equal parts data analytics and belly dancing. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just took a look and it appears to be compatible with Linux Operating systems (Raspbian, Ubantu, Debian, Fedora and CentOS [also likely RedHat too]) and it appears to be for a networks. Is this server based?
It basically sets up a raspberry pi as a dns server on your network.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yet another one of my college friends died this weekend, again in his sleep. This one was 2 years younger than me (24), and probably one of the nicest guys I knew.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can mostly relate. I write, and shoot a long arm or handgun left handed. I swing a bat and kick a ball right footed. Other than the shooting I do none of them well.
Maybe you're doing them all on the wrong side, except shooting. You have a lot of catching up to do, pal.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I contribute that to lack of table manners.
but cultural context varies. Like in a European setting it is frowned upon to hide your left hand under the table while eating.

My stepmom would do just about everything righthanded, but pick the eggshells of her boiled egg with the left.
My kid is a left but as such he is often forced to adapt.
a girl in school was able to write equally neat (and I mean NEAT) with the right and left. and made good use of the ability when we had marathon test sessions of 4-5 hours.....
I had a friend who learned to write with both hands (broke each wrist twice as a kid). Then he learned to write with both at the same time. Not a natural thing for him - just something he felt like doing. This is the same guy who made up a language he and his siblings used (so adults and other kids couldn't follow their conversations), wrote an opera for his wedding (I ran lights), and performed (with two of the aforementioned siblings) an absolutely marvelous "Carol of the Bells" on handbells. Ridiculous man.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the forum interface has taken a massive downturn for me here.

In addition to the normal ads at the top, there is now a constant drop down as at the top of the page (always present, wherever you scroll to).

And, very very intrusive ads dumped in the middle of posts throughout each page. In the middle of paragraphs, breaking up sentences.

It's actually making me consider whether it's worth continuing to visit...

I'm not prepared to run adblockers because a fair few sites I visit have unobtrusive ads that help support the site and I don't mind that.

But this is getting silly.

And exceedingly annoying.

Certainly not the way to attract new members or retain existing ones.
I'm not getting all of that here. What browser are you using?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think I just saw one of the worst ideas I have ever seen for a business.
It is axe throwing, archery, knife throwing........bar.
They had axe throwing at the last mud run I went to. Man, I'm surprised people aren't injured more often when those things bounce back. Yeah, let's add some drunk people!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great, now random survey type fullscreen ads when clicking to load a page like "new posts" or sometimes when opening a thread.

Very nearly at the f this s stage.
I wonder if your browser isn't infected with something. I have no idea if that kind of thing is possible, but what you're seeing is odd.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet another one of my college friends died this weekend, again in his sleep. This one was 2 years younger than me (24), and probably one of the nicest guys I knew.
So sorry to hear that, man. It's tough to lose a friend at any age, but man, that's young.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not getting all of that here. What browser are you using?

Chrome. The latest updated mobile version available for each os.

I wonder if your browser isn't infected with something. I have no idea if that kind of thing is possible, but what you're seeing is odd.

If it's an infection, it's a strange one.

It's only this site.

It's the same on 4 Android devices all running different versions of the os - one of which is a custom ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions