Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Whatever. Pour booze in it, you'll never know the difference!

ON a more serious note (than tea?!!!!!)
a family friend lost his wife this morning.
She had leukemia, and fought hard.

Sorry to hear that, my friend.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

So sorry to hear that... one day at a time, I hope you guys are all okay.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

So sorry for the loss. May I ask how old she was? I always think of leukemia as a young person's cancer. Regardless, it was too young.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well. its Friday......and I'm thinking of taking the weekend off from computers, iPads, iPhones, Blackberries and all things associated with IT........I think I'll try and spend the weekend doing yard work, exercise, taijiquan and watching an Aikido class....and that weekend starts in 2 hours and 30 minutes

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well. its Friday......and I'm thinking of taking the weekend off from computers, iPads, iPhones, Blackberries and all things associated with IT........I think I'll try and spend the weekend doing yard work, exercise, taijiquan and watching an Aikido class....and that weekend starts in 2 hours and 30 minutes

Have a nice weekend :)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today I did bought some wireless headphones.

They were inexpensive, but don't sound cheap - over ear proper headphones that cut out everything around.

If anyone needs me, I'm the one sat with a beer and 60s/70s rock.

You'll have to wave though :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
no no no, that is simply not done...you can only make tea from the hot waters of the Strokkur geyser in Iceland
I'll have you know we have VERY fine water up here in the mountains of North Carolina. Seriously, you know all those commercials for bottled water where they lie that it tastes like a mountain spring? Our water actually tastes like what they advertise.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oh, I am so sorry. Wouldn't it be fab if, instead of military airplanes that can't fly or generally do anything useful, we focused on curing all this cancer crap? I'd lost my mom to bone tumor. She was 40. I was 14 and 2 days old. Hugs.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just had a less than pleasurable hour or so contorting myself under the kitchen sink to replace all the drainage pipework.

Very pleased with my self control though, I swore loudly less than 20 times.
<calculating> That's only once every three minutes. Good on you!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, I am so sorry. Wouldn't it be fab if, instead of military airplanes that can't fly or generally do anything useful, we focused on curing all this cancer crap? I'd lost my mom to bone tumor. She was 40. I was 14 and 2 days old. Hugs.
indeed. and find other power sources than nuclear plants

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was up in worship team today, have never been more nervous about one of the songs this week! Was sooo a playing style that I'd never been exposed to before! Very fast and almost gospelly with a bit of jazzy, this ol classically-trained cat struggled learning it haha. It's like a Capoeira practitioner entering a BJJ tournament!

But I got there in practicing it a ridiculous amount of time this past week, and all went super smoothly :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Spruce Goose? That is pretty far back there. I do agree there is some pretty foolish and extravagant spending in government. So much of it is right in front of us and most never see it. We are learning the heights of "good ole boy" relationships with our current house and senate members.
Hmm, I better stop right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions