Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autocorrect is really getting to me today first it changes goju ryu to goji ryu then it translates it to goku ryu. It translates kung fu into king to. That and it changed bagua into bogus multiple times. Even as I type this these things it changes some of the very ones I mentioned. (It was pretty adamant bagua should be spelled bogus.)
@jobo and I have had some fun exchanges over the autocorrect from one of his old devices (I think the one that ended up in a canal??). It was so aggressive, it was like reading a really bad translation sometimes.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
@jobo and I have had some fun exchanges over the autocorrect from one of his old devices (I think the one that ended up in a canal??). It was so aggressive, it was like reading a really bad translation sometimes.
I loooooved reading those posts so much... was like deciding a murder mystery set in ancient Egypt!

The freedom of punctuation usage was pure joy to behold! XD

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Please cross all your various collective fingers and toes for @gpseymour . He is doing a double Tough Mudder this weekend (since @Xue Sheng has that mud allergy, someone had to take on his share). It's in Tennessee, and it's SCORCHING there, which makes it really rough.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lobster; something I have never eaten and feel I will be OK if I never do. I have not tried a shellfish other than ocean scallops that I really like and only like them grilled. I tried them in cream sauce once. Eww.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lobster; something I have never eaten and feel I will be OK if I never do. I have not tried a shellfish other than ocean scallops that I really like and only like them grilled. I tried them in cream sauce once. Eww.
I am absolutely in love with any kind of seafood. I had almost none growing up, so I've been on a total seafood binge ever since I came to the States 25 years ago. Can I have your share of lobster and scallops?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please cross all your various collective fingers and toes for @gpseymour . He is doing a double Tough Mudder this weekend (since @Xue Sheng has that mud allergy, someone had to take on his share). It's in Tennessee, and it's SCORCHING there, which makes it really rough.
Finished the 5K yesterday. A bit sore this morning. Today, only 8+ miles, so really, no problem. And it'll be cooler (was 90F when I started yesterday).

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am absolutely in love with any kind of seafood. I had almost none growing up, so I've been on a total seafood binge ever since I came to the States 25 years ago. Can I have your share of lobster and scallops?
Lobster, yes but we will have to share the scallops as long as they are grilled. Boiled shrimp is OK but I think it's more about me liking the cocktail sauce.
The more I think about it the more I realize my previous post might have been false. Growing up we would catch craw dad's (crawfish/crayfish) and boil them on the creek banks. I LOVE a crawfish boil, especially Cajun style.

So, let's try this again:
Lobster: never tried
Shrimp: fried, no. Scampi, no. boiled, rarely.
Clams: Nope
Sea scallops: Yep, grilled.
River scallops (Muscles) Nope, too muddy.
Oysters: Occasionally on the half shell
Craw dad's: Yep
I am sure there are others I am forgetting or not aware of.
2.2 out of 7 so I guess I was mostly right; I am not a fan of shellfish.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lobster, yes but we will have to share the scallops as long as they are grilled. Boiled shrimp is OK but I think it's more about me liking the cocktail sauce.
The more I think about it the more I realize my previous post might have been false. Growing up we would catch craw dad's (crawfish/crayfish) and boil them on the creek banks. I LOVE a crawfish boil, especially Cajun style.

So, let's try this again:
Lobster: never tried
Shrimp: fried, no. Scampi, no. boiled, rarely.
Clams: Nope
Sea scallops: Yep, grilled.
River scallops (Muscles) Nope, too muddy.
Oysters: Occasionally on the half shell
Craw dad's: Yep
I am sure there are others I am forgetting or not aware of.
2.2 out of 7 so I guess I was mostly right; I am not a fan of shellfish.
If we ever get together, you are TOTALLY making that crawfish boil for us. That sounds fabulous. I think, foe me is the sheer joy in the knowledge there is a much lower probability of my sea and river food being poisoned or radioactive. ;) If it smells good and tastes good - I'll eat pretty much anything.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Finished the 5K yesterday. A bit sore this morning. Today, only 8+ miles, so really, no problem. And it'll be cooler (was 90F when I started yesterday).
This is what passes for a fun activity at this house, y'all - just get used to it! :)

@gpseymour , are you going to do the Arctic Enema or are you skipping that one?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, this will, likely get me into trouble.

I am so sick and tired of young bucks, and even some old geezers like me, who are likely good martial artists, but are, by comparison, fairly new to the game, (they have been training a few years), that are so bloody closed minded about training. Basically "If they don't do it, it doesn't work".......and it is not that they are wrong in their approach to training, but they cannot understand that there may be more than one way to train correctly, and many are most certainly not considering the long game...and I'm really not sure I want to deal with any of it anymore

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, this will, likely get me into trouble.

I am so sick and tired of young bucks, and even some old geezers like me, who are likely good martial artists, but are, by comparison, fairly new to the game, (they have been training a few years), that are so bloody closed minded about training. Basically "If they don't do it, it doesn't work".......and it is not that they are wrong in their approach to training, but they cannot understand that there may be more than one way to train correctly, and many are most certainly not considering the long game...and I'm really not sure I want to deal with any of it anymore
Ignore the ones that annoy you and hang with people you like. I ignored JoBo months ago - and my MartialTalk quality of life went up significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.