Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that my username on this site is misleading...it's been over 2 years since I switched to kali, and I think I spent 3-6 months looking for a dojo, so that places it at around 2.5-3 years since I last trained any ken/mpo, with no intention of going back..

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm...just read another post....and now I'm wondering....is it ok to respond to someone with...."Dude, seriously....just shut up, you're a pansy"
It should be a valid response, doesn't it!

I have simplified my online presence a little and my need for 'because you are f'ing stupid' has greatly diminished.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It should be a valid response, doesn't it!

I have simplified my online presence a little and my need for 'because you are f'ing stupid' has greatly diminished.

Yes, I am in the process of minimizing my online presence as well these days because, as I age, I find I have a lot less tolerance for overly opinionated ridiculousness...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know I've been away for a few days - this has been a very long and stressful week. I am officially looking for a new job, cause - damn....

Last Saturday, I apparently forgot how to put one foot in front of the other and took a nasty-ish spill from the stone steps at our house, skinning one knee, badly bruising another, twisting one ankle, and skinning both hands. It actually wasn't as bad as it could have been - I used my martial arts training to adjust the fall. @gpseymour approved (the adjustment - not the fall, although, I don't know... it could have been made look like an accident ;))

Finished my active shooter training refresher. Mandatory. Yes, I work for a hospital - you know, that place where people normally come to get better. But, thanks to some people, it's also a place where people might get shot. So... this is what we have to do now.

One of the active shooter videos was delivered by an employee who was a student at Virginia Tech when THAT happened. She did a really good job keeping it together and pointed out some very important things - like stuff you might not even know about yourself, that would happen in such a situation: cognitive disconnect, time distortion, tunnel vision, etc. But, of course, it ended up being much more than just another training video - this girl was very obviously and irrevocably shattered by what had happened. I teared up as I watched, I wanted to give her a hug.

Their other safety video was also pretty good - and I like it that it was delivered not by some corporate training person but by their two security managers. And they talked about the same common-sense stuff we talk in martial arts classes: when you enter a room, identify your doors and windows; identify what can be used as a barricade; what can be used as a weapon, including what you are wearing (shoes, belt, fountain pen, etc.) I liked it a lot better than some of the stuff I'd seen.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Autocorrect is really getting to me today first it changes goju ryu to goji ryu then it translates it to goku ryu. It translates kung fu into king to. That and it changed bagua into bogus multiple times. Even as I type this these things it changes some of the very ones I mentioned. (It was pretty adamant bagua should be spelled bogus.)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Autocorrect is really getting to me today first it changes goju ryu to goji ryu then it translates it to goku ryu. It translates kung fu into king to. That and it changed bagua into bogus multiple times. Even as I type this these things it changes some of the very ones I mentioned. (It was pretty adamant bagua should be spelled bogus.)

Auto correct is turned off on my browser for things just like that

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
13202ED5-27E4-477B-A125-EE7F2711AFE2.jpeg

Pass the mayo please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions