Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm confused about most things anyway, even this I-phone six I've had for three years. I know it will be the same with the ten, but I don't care. I only use it as a phone, a camera and to play on the net. I'm not considering another brand as I don't really like change.

Fortunately, a buddy of mine is meeting us at the phone store. He speaks fluent Apple as he worked for them for years, he'll help us out.
Just make sure you download Mapquest and Waze....so you find your way back home!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am helping a friend to clean up her rental house so she can put it on the market.
While the tenant is sitting inside, sleeping!
The house is quite the mess, too!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was a few levels above the first line support help desk...

But we were the ones the help(less)desk passed the really complicated problems too - like if someone didn't switch on their monitor AND the base unit...
I just can't deal with this sort of thing. I have an epic temper, and people like that cause me to Hulk.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
81IbTLWpNtL._SY679_.jpg

A slightly sharper version of Thousand Island Dressing.

Russian Dressing
Hmm.... I can safely vouch there isn't anything like that in Russia. I think Americans might have made it up.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm confused about most things anyway, even this I-phone six I've had for three years. I know it will be the same with the ten, but I don't care. I only use it as a phone, a camera and to play on the net. I'm not considering another brand as I don't really like change.

Fortunately, a buddy of mine is meeting us at the phone store. He speaks fluent Apple as he worked for them for years, he'll help us out.
Is it possible to purchase a new or refurbished iPhone 6? That is about as big a "phone" as I want to tote around.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to purchase a new or refurbished iPhone 6? That is about as big a "phone" as I want to tote around.
Quite a few places seem to still carry the 6s (visually identical - a few internal upgrades IIRC). But I think all the subsequent non-plus models are about that same size. The 6s still gets iOS updates, but that's sure to stop soon (I think mine is 3 years old, and I got it after at least the 7 had been released).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I like adding some herbs. I like Mrs. Dash Italian mix, plus there's my own herb mix I make. Basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary, oregano.

Wrong, needs nothing, next thing you know you'll be adding bacon....and we all know, bacon is just wrong.

Actually, I personally think it is great as is, but then I am not a big fan of adding herbs to things, I like the flavors as they are. But my tastes are not everyones so go for it...except the bacon part.... that would be wrong....and blasphemous

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmm.... I can safely vouch there isn't anything like that in Russia. I think Americans might have made it up.
Are you sure you didn't just overlook it? The US wouldn't just write Russian on dressing bottles just to trick people into buying them. Its not like they would lie to make quick money. That's silly! Ha ha ha! I'm sure they have tons of the stuff in Russia. I'm sure...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't just overlook it? The US wouldn't just write Russian on dressing bottles just to trick people into buying them. Its not like they would lie to make quick money. That's silly! Ha ha ha! I'm sure they have tons of the stuff in Russia. I'm sure...
When growing up in the Soviet Union, it was very hard to overlook a food item - since there weren't many to begin with.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wrong, needs nothing, next thing you know you'll be adding bacon....and we all know, bacon is just wrong.

Actually, I personally think it is great as is, but then I am not a big fan of adding herbs to things, I like the flavors as they are. But my tastes are not everyones so go for it...except the bacon part.... that would be wrong....and blasphemous
See? You are the one to bring up bacon. I was talking about herbs. So, this appears to be an odd obsession on your part. I don't know why...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very possible, you won't find Fortune cookies or Chicken Chow Mein in China either
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I remember watching the series "America eats" on History Channel - and they talked about international foods: what we know as Mexican, French, Chinese, etc. And NONE of them are anything like what they are in their countries of origin.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I remember watching the series "America eats" on History Channel - and they talked about international foods: what we know as Mexican, French, Chinese, etc. And NONE of them are anything like what they are in their countries of origin.

Most Chinese food you get in your average takeout place ranges from not the same to doesn't even exist in China. And there are a lot of "Chinese restaurants that are pretty much the same. There are a few, mostly all in a Chinatown, but not all, that are close to what you get in China. But it is also regional, so how they make the "traditional" dish in south China can be very different that the traditional dish made in north China. There is a tofu dish my wife loves and she was craving it during pregnancy, I took her to Boston Chinatown to get it and the had it on the menu. She was excited, until it got there, first taste she realized it was Southern style, and way to sweet. She wanted Northern style which was more salty.

Many years ago I was driving back from Boston to my home in NYS and I was hungry. I had been training CMA that weekend so I decided to get something close to Chinese food. I was in Framingham Ma, to far fro Boston to turn and go back to Chinatown, so I stopped at this little hole in the wall, Chinese take out place. I ordered, expecting the usual takeout fare and what I got amazed the living daylights out of me. The owner/chef was a Hong Kong Trained Chef, actually from Hong Kong, and the food was amazing. I have driven past there since and there is not even a takeout place there anymore. My guess is he made enough money to open a real restaurant somewhere in the area. But then this all occurs over 20 years ago too.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
See? You are the one to bring up bacon. I was talking about herbs. So, this appears to be an odd obsession on your part. I don't know why...

Because he secretly craves a good rasher of bacon. He's just in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions