Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nostalgia....

AverageBlackbelt.jpeg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats a bit of a trip for you guys 3-4 times a year. Could be worth it though to go against different competitors. Have the two competitions ever tried combining, or do they just send 'representatives'?

We only go to Indy once a year. And then try to go to a few other places like Arkansas or Mississppi. We might try going to Alabama and/or Vegas next year.

Professional Karate Commission (PKC) and the United States Karate Alliance both came from Robert Trias' United States Karate Association.

They have subtle differences in rules but in the past have co-sanctioned events. I think they are happy co-existing.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes then a 12 hour drive home Monday.

It was a fun weekend though. The team went and played laser tag after competing Saturday and got to hang out all three nights. The members live in 4 different states so they dont get alot of opportunity to just hang out. So alot of fun.
I didn't see the earlier post but wanted to say congratulations. That was a busy day(s). This is also the toughest age spread in my opinion. Big difference between most 13 and 17 year old's.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't see the earlier post but wanted to say congratulations. That was a busy day(s). This is also the toughest age spread in my opinion. Big difference between most 13 and 17 year old's.

Yeah most of the 13-14 year olds dont compete in on Friday night because of it. It's mostly 15-17 year olds.

So it was tough....he had 4 matches in Ippon and 4 matches in continuous Friday night. And continuous sparring got a little rough and he got DQ'd in continuous in the semifinals and then DQ'd in the 3rd/4th place consolation match.

But he settled down Sunday... he got a bye in the first round and won his 3 matches finishing 1st in kumite (5 point)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We only go to Indy once a year. And then try to go to a few other places like Arkansas or Mississppi. We might try going to Alabama and/or Vegas next year.

Professional Karate Commission (PKC) and the United States Karate Alliance both came from Robert Trias' United States Karate Association.

They have subtle differences in rules but in the past have co-sanctioned events. I think they are happy co-existing.
ALA FREAKING BAMA?!
What ever for?! (let me know, I might come and see you)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just had this thought
Fall is on the way
This means leaves are about to fall
I have lots of leaves, and many of those oak and the rest maple
The average oak tree has some where between 200,000 to to 500,000 leaves
Which means I have to clean them all up.... for weeks
Then it hit me....just what the heck was a thinking when I had that oak tree planted a couple weeks ago
We just try to keep the leaves off the driveway, but do nothing about them otherwise. It's nature's mulch.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
User: I have this software and it is not working
Me: How did you get it
User: I submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk and they granted me access
Me: Did you ever contact me
User: No, I submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk and they granted me access
Me: Then you don't have it because I have to contact the vendor to have them grant you access
User: But the help desk told me I have it, why is it not working
Me: Because you never contacted me to contact the vendor.
Me: Because they gave you permission from their side of the equation, but the vendor has no idea who you are. They cannot contact the vendor directly
Me: Because you need to contact me, I work directly for this office, the help desk does not
Me: because you did not follow procedure. Here, I have attached the instructions
Me: Because I need a specific number from you, that you got from the Helpdesk, that the instructions explain
Me: you did not give me the number
Me: We could do this all day, but if you do not read the instructions and submit the number to me, you will not have access to the software
Me "I stopped responding"
User: 40 minutes later, is this the number you need?

There that pretty much give you an idea of how my morning is going

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
User: I have this software and it is not working
Me: How did you get it
User: I submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk and they granted me access
Me: Did you ever contact me
User: No, I submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk and they granted me access
Me: Then you don't have it because I have to contact the vendor to have them grant you access
Me: Because you never contacted me to contact the vendor.
Me: Because they gave you permission from their side of the equation, but the vendor has no idea who you are. They cannot contact the vendor directly
Me: Because you need to contact me, I work directly for this office, the help desk does not
Me: because you did not follow procedure. Here, I have attached the instructions
Me: Because I need a specific number from you, that you got from the Helpdesk, that the instructions explain
Me: you did not give me the number
Me: We could do this all day, but if you do not read the instructions and submit the number to me, you will not have access to the software
Me "I stopped responding"
User: 40 minutes later, is this the number you need?

There that pretty much give you an idea of how my morning is going

Oh how I('d sometimes pretend to) miss that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions