Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
now what!
I surrendered, let my guys activate the new phone for meas I could no longer find the old one.

I am getting used to it, learning the controls by playing some games. Had it on me all day, it fell, but is in a protective case, and worked fine after. and it was working fine when I got home

Then I plug it in to the charger, and the things is going all wonky, the screen is flickering, and has lines/double vision. what is going on there?! I am not even sure what kind it is, I though LG, but it isn't. powered by tracfone. Like I said, everything was perfectly fine right until I plugged it in! Weird

I managed to turn it off, waiting to see if that does anything.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Those are sauté potatoes.

Because shallow fried.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
And if deep fried?

I've not seen that shape (just slices) offered deep fried, they'd generally be further cut into strips.

At which point, they become chips. If the skin is left on, either wedges or "rustic chips"...

Of course, then the spanner in the works is oven chips - which are pre oiled so you can oven cook rather than fry.

Edit: you can cook wedges in any way you like, because it's a reference to the shape - so those slices wouldn't necessarily turn into wedges unless cut differently...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
now what!
I surrendered, let my guys activate the new phone for meas I could no longer find the old one.

I am getting used to it, learning the controls by playing some games. Had it on me all day, it fell, but is in a protective case, and worked fine after. and it was working fine when I got home

Then I plug it in to the charger, and the things is going all wonky, the screen is flickering, and has lines/double vision. what is going on there?! I am not even sure what kind it is, I though LG, but it isn't. powered by tracfone. Like I said, everything was perfectly fine right until I plugged it in! Weird

I managed to turn it off, waiting to see if that does anything.
Hmmm.. yeh all your message shows here is : "₩₩£×///€$£555#_gggsgprkenakja".

(Joking joking!! XD )

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Taking a break from washing the wife's car...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm.. yeh all your message shows here is : "₩₩£×///€$£555#_gggsgprkenakja".

(Joking joking!! XD )
well, they bought me a new one (the advantage of a cheap one)
And now I can't get stuff to work.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ever feel like your body just needs a reset?

I have a headache, I'm tired, I have no energy and I feel like I need a reset.

All I want to do is go home, open all the blinds in the family room and lay on the floor in Shavasana for about an hour. Then get up and go for a walk around my neighborhood. And I think then I'd feel just fine.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
DANG I'm old

I actually use to wear one of these

s-l640.jpg

and you'd be surprised how waterproof it wasn't

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's been so much going on I'd totally forgotten the 25th anniversary of my coming to the United States (August 31) and the 11th anniversary of my US Citizenship (August 24). <looks back on a very strange journey> Huh.... would you look at that....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most Chinese food you get in your average takeout place ranges from not the same to doesn't even exist in China. And there are a lot of "Chinese restaurants that are pretty much the same. There are a few, mostly all in a Chinatown, but not all, that are close to what you get in China. But it is also regional, so how they make the "traditional" dish in south China can be very different that the traditional dish made in north China. There is a tofu dish my wife loves and she was craving it during pregnancy, I took her to Boston Chinatown to get it and the had it on the menu. She was excited, until it got there, first taste she realized it was Southern style, and way to sweet. She wanted Northern style which was more salty.

Many years ago I was driving back from Boston to my home in NYS and I was hungry. I had been training CMA that weekend so I decided to get something close to Chinese food. I was in Framingham Ma, to far fro Boston to turn and go back to Chinatown, so I stopped at this little hole in the wall, Chinese take out place. I ordered, expecting the usual takeout fare and what I got amazed the living daylights out of me. The owner/chef was a Hong Kong Trained Chef, actually from Hong Kong, and the food was amazing. I have driven past there since and there is not even a takeout place there anymore. My guess is he made enough money to open a real restaurant somewhere in the area. But then this all occurs over 20 years ago too.
OMG, I love places like that! We actually have a really good Indian restaurant in the area called "Cinnamon Kitchen". Most of the personnel there is Indian and that's where all the local Indians go to eat. @gpseymour says it's the one that compares most closely to the food he'd had in India.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ever feel like your body just needs a reset?

I have a headache, I'm tired, I have no energy and I feel like I need a reset.

All I want to do is go home, open all the blinds in the family room and lay on the floor in Shavasana for about an hour. Then get up and go for a walk around my neighborhood. And I think then I'd feel just fine.
Yes, it happens often. HOW do you do an hour-long Shavasana? I think 10 minutes is the longest I've ever done - I'd be catatonic otherwise.

I also do this thing every morning - like a systems check. Before I even get out of bed - full body stretch, leg stretch, foot flex and point, wrist rolls, listening for any kind of clicking or creaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions