Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My I-phone six has been slowly gasping it's last breaths. I'm going to go buy a brand spankin' new I-phone ten in a little while. My wife is, too.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My I-phone six has been slowly gasping it's last breaths. I'm going to go buy a brand spankin' new I-phone ten in a little while. My wife is, too.
My 6s is still going strong. I'm still debating if I'm going to switch over to Android next replacement. I prefer iPhone in most ways, but man there are so many more choices (less expensive ones!) to work with on the other side.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Don't do it..... I have one.....it is waaaaaaay to addictive...an also, from the way Mrs Xue tries to use my phone....different enough from the 6 to confuse the heck out of folks

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm confused about most things anyway, even this I-phone six I've had for three years. I know it will be the same with the ten, but I don't care. I only use it as a phone, a camera and to play on the net. I'm not considering another brand as I don't really like change.

Fortunately, a buddy of mine is meeting us at the phone store. He speaks fluent Apple as he worked for them for years, he'll help us out.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just realized I'll be working within a few blocks of the 9/11 memorial on 9/11.
Be prepared for it to be pretty crowded. I don't go into the city on my birthday (9/10) for that reason. Tried it once, in I think 2006, for a memorial and it was just too crowded. The ones by my town are nicer IMO. More personal, and I know the people that were impacted who participate. Very different feel.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be prepared for it to be pretty crowded. I don't go into the city on my birthday (9/10) for that reason. Tried it once, in I think 2006, for a memorial and it was just too crowded. The ones by my town are nicer IMO. More personal, and I know the people that were impacted who participate. Very different feel.
Thanks for the heads-up.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
An old friend my sons instructor used to compete against is having a tournament that we might go to.

Gives Jake a chance to compete against new competitors.
Where at? Maybe it's in the good part of the state! (I'm in the boonies)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have trees, but I'm not in the woods
The advantage of living in the woods - you can leave leaves on the ground and interact with wildlife: birds, lizards, frogs, bunnies, deer, foxes, wild turkeys, an occasional bear or mountain lion. Good times!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today.... a bacon free, grilled Chicken salad with Russian dressing
What is Russian dressing? I know it's a funny question coming from me, but I honestly don't have any idea. Back in Ukraine, we just used oil and vinegar for salads, mayo, sour cream - that sort of thing. So, what's Russian dressing?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dance demo during the YMCA Healthy Aging Day was very tiring but very fun. I might have pictures later, once the Y posts them on their FB page. @gpseymour was there and had a chance to watch us wiggle around in full belly dancing gear.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I could never work support. I would have killed someone by now.

I was a few levels above the first line support help desk...

But we were the ones the help(less)desk passed the really complicated problems too - like if someone didn't switch on their monitor AND the base unit...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What is Russian dressing? I know it's a funny question coming from me, but I honestly don't have any idea. Back in Ukraine, we just used oil and vinegar for salads, mayo, sour cream - that sort of thing. So, what's Russian dressing?

81IbTLWpNtL._SY679_.jpg

A slightly sharper version of Thousand Island Dressing.

Russian Dressing

Status
Not open for further replies.