Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee....but you know..... I really should not have to explain any of that, as to why it is so wrong..... but then I don't blame you....you're just a product of the flawed educational system...kids today
Wood, very small rocks, ducks, and witches float too. If you don't get this reference, I will have to disown you and write you out of my will.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wood, very small rocks, ducks, and witches float too. If you don't get this reference, I will have to disown you and write you out of my will.

I haven't the slightest clue as to what you are talking about....but I bet Sir Vladimir does.

I find the whole witches float thing, from puritanical Salem Ma, quite an awful way to judge...if you float...you're a witch and will kill ya. If your not a witch, you're innocent..... but your dead...you drowned....congratulations you're not damned to eternal torment....sorry about the whole witch thing.....you're innocent....but you're dead.... and you know what...they never did catch one single witch that way

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
And Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee....but you know..... I really should not have to explain any of that, as to why it is so wrong..... but then I don't blame you....you're just a product of the flawed educational system...kids today
Nice try old man but I'm not the one who doesn't understand gravity. I mean... I don't, but that's besides the point. Don't worry xue. It's no big deal. You're still the same person you've always been. An A+ for effort.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't the slightest clue as to what you are talking about....but I bet Sir Vladimir does.

I find the whole witches float thing, from puritanical Salem Ma, quite an awful way to judge...if you float...you're a witch and will kill ya. If your not a witch, you're innocent..... but your dead...you drowned....congratulations you're not damned to eternal torment....sorry about the whole witch thing.....you're innocent....but you're dead.... and you know what...they never did catch one single witch that way
I am a witch... so I'd read up on what was done to witches through history - trust me, I know. I'd actually read excerpts from "The witches' hammer" - I don't recommend it. It makes you sick. I had nightmares for weeks. Somewhere, I have an old blog post about the danger of mis-translations. One such mistranslation was "thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live", which, accidentally or intentionally translated from Aramaic, somehow ended up being "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". As the result, thousands of innocent men and women who practiced herb lore ended up paying with their lives. Very scary stuff.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
sorry to hear that
It's really weird.... I think it's partly the result of being super-short with a messed-up back... There are times when I get a low back pain, and it turns into a migraine; and then there are times when I get a headache, and it ends up traveling down my back. It really stinks.

My entire nervous system is apparently very oddly structured. My dentist has to deal with it all the time. Whenever they have to do any sort of major work on me that requires anesthesia, they have to give me twice as many shots as they would a normal person. I have one nerve that goes from where my left wisdom tooth used to be all the way to the side of my nose and the corner of my eye. I have another one that goes from the bottom of my gum to my neck. Very inconvenient.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am a witch... so I'd read up on what was done to witches through history - trust me, I know. I'd actually read excerpts from "The witches' hammer" - I don't recommend it. It makes you sick. I had nightmares for weeks. Somewhere, I have an old blog post about the danger of mis-translations. One such mistranslation was "thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live", which, accidentally or intentionally translated from Aramaic, somehow ended up being "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". As the result, thousands of innocent men and women who practiced herb lore ended up paying with their lives. Very scary stuff.

I use to live near Salem Mass...witch central USA. A lot of history there about witches. There is an entire museum there dedicated to it, scary stuff, if you were a simply "called" a witch in early Salem.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Listen... cheese comes from milk... milk comes from cows. Cows often live next to pigs. Pigs are made into bacon. It's a natural combination!

Actually, pigs carry a parasite that is very bad to cattle. In large quantities at least, you will not see them running together.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I admit I know next to nothing about witches. You comment about herb lore caught my attention. Are you saying the origin of the word witch relates to gardeners or such?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nice try old man but I'm not the one who doesn't understand gravity. I mean... I don't, but that's besides the point. Don't worry xue. It's no big deal. You're still the same person you've always been. An A+ for effort.

To quote Douglas Adams....“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

I am guessing in school these days they are teaching you everything...including bricks float..... another fine example of how are schools are failing out kids today

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not wiccan (or even pagan), but I have some friends that are. I've educated a few people on the basics of witches both in history and present, when I hear them say something flat-out wrong/making incorrect stereotypes, and that mistranslation is normally one of the things I tell them. It's resulted in some of them reading on their own, and I have accidentally converted three people to a practice I don't even follow.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To quote Douglas Adams....“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

I am guessing in school these days they are teaching you everything...including bricks float..... another fine example of how are schools are failing out kids today
Gravities a myth, and any one of us can fly. The key is, when you're falling, just...miss the ground. That's it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not wiccan (or even pagan), but I have some friends that are. I've educated a few people on the basics of witches both in history and present, when I hear them say something flat-out wrong/making incorrect stereotypes, and that mistranslation is normally one of the things I tell them. It's resulted in some of them reading on their own, and I have accidentally converted three people to a practice I don't even follow.

I used to date, and then live with, a witch back in my misspent youth. Sometimes it still unsettles me.

I'm just glad she didn't turn me into a newt.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gravities a myth, and any one of us can fly. The key is, when you're falling, just...miss the ground. That's it.
For some reason, my brain went off in a totally random direction, and I recalled the famous joke, "The hardest thing about horseback riding is the ground."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions